• 1 Post By ShaneN.
  • 2 Post By Echo86
  • 1 Post By BBGary
  • 6 Post By Frosty_Power
  • 2 Post By Angelo_Campher
  • 1 Post By houshinto#IM
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sales Rep - Tried to talk me out of Z10!

Hey Everyone!

Well I'm a very happy bunny!
    I got my Z10 on the day of release, they only had 1 white and 1 black left(after a bit of debate I picked the Black, much nicer looking)

My partner bought the phone for me! was a early 1 year anniversary gift(only a few weeks off)
    When we was getting the phone the Rep at Phones 4 U was rather pushy with the iPhone 5!
    And decided to give me a entire list of reasons why to pick that over the Z10!

Seems like a pretty bad sales pitch but meh!
    Been using my Z10 for last few days and gotta say this is one amazing phone!
    The battery life is an easy 24 hours of normal use(texting, emails, bbm, looking on forums etc)
    The software is fantastic! I must say it's quick and very responds well!
    Only downside at the moment is there isn't a HSBC App yet to check balance lol!!!

But yeah I wasn't overly happy he tried to talk me out of it!!!

Came with a free Leather Case, Screen Cleaner and a few other bits.

Keep up the good work RIM!!!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    latarnik (02-04-2013),  MoolahMitch (02-04-2013) 
    jesse_h, KOOLWATER and meganVee like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

That's pretty bad considering it Just came out and it's a hot new product and reps are supposed to sell it. Another anti BlackBerry rep I suppose, or probably thinks it's too complicated to use. Learning curve buddy, learning.curve.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

See I was a little worried about going full touch screen!
    I have had my 9900 for about 6 months and loved the keypad!
    Was going to wait for Q10 but after trying the Z10 I instantly loved it!

Haven't really found it a learning curve it was more of a pick up and away I went!!

Friend of mine is now looking for a Z10 but sadly all the stores are out of stock!
    She has tried contract and sim-free but had no luck at all getting her hands on one
    CrackBerry Abuser

He just want to save the blackberryz10 for himself cuz he didnt own it yet
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yeah my friend and neighbor call our regional (GCI Alaska) who won't say if or when they'll be getting the new blackberrys but she was pushing the iphone 5 and sony something. He right away called me and told me. He saw my BB while we were working construction and loved it and now owns the 9900. I told him that the US won't get em for a little while and GCI is pretty bad with BB they tried to talk me out of mine. My soon to be wife even says that if we have to we'll buy it straight up from the BB if we can. Man I love that woman! Even if she loves her iphone. I hope we don't have to wait too long for the new 10s.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Echo86 View Post
    See I was a little worried about going full touch screen!
    I have had my 9900 for about 6 months and loved the keypad!
    Was going to wait for Q10 but after trying the Z10 I instantly loved it!

Haven't really found it a learning curve it was more of a pick up and away I went!!

Friend of mine is now looking for a Z10 but sadly all the stores are out of stock!
    She has tried contract and sim-free but had no luck at all getting her hands on one
    That's great to hear. So many negative thigns said on this forum but I think for every person unhappy there is hundreds or thousands who ARE happy. And it's more natural to start a threat to vent rather than to explain how much you like it. I think I should stop reading the threads after this one until I get mine lol.
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

To be honest I really have nothing to vent about!
    My Z10 experience has been a very positive one!

Since getting the Z10 I have found myself using and carrying my playbook much more!
    Before it kinda sat in my bedside draw doing very little!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Knew I should have shopped around when upgrading rather than just going into my local EE store - mine came with no leather case though I did pick up a nice rubber body case from amazon to match my Playbook case.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,373 Global Posts

phones4u reps have a lot of commission based targets. their aim is not to sell you the best phone for you, but to sell you the most expensive phone.
    i know if they dont meet certain targets they get a load of pressure put on them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry User

Phones4u always make me feel I'm getting swindled, even when I know the deal is competitive. They just don't listen to a word you say and always have their own strange agenda. I can't understand why people still buy from them. They do seem fairly on the ball regarding getting new models into stock though.

It's being reported iphone5 is not selling as expected so they've been incentivised to push them it seems.
    CrackBerry User

Phones4u - what a fascinating webs(h)ite:

Landing page has a huge splash ad for iPhone 5 toggled with the Z10. No specific mention in the listings, so....
    digging into the "Just arrived" section, and their "Review" is just a cut-paste of one of the tech blogs, with a very mixed message - not even a half-hearted attempt to actually excite or, err, sell the phone to the potential customer. I smell an incentive scheme from the competition......appalling.

BlackBerry Z10 Review | The Canadian Comeback
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

6 month ago when I got my PB at Rogers store i was going to pick a new 9900, but the sales rep talked me out. And I'm happy that I listened to him. He advised me to use my old, reliable 9800 and to wait until new BB would come, and he did this despite being with Iphone 4S in hands.
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Company should be renamed to iPhones4U.
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10
    Currently a new Z30, the best phone I've ever had hands down.
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Went into an EE store yesterday,the best the sales person could do was hand me a brochure on price/plans! Needless to say i walked out and crossed the road to CPW who were very helpful but were out of stock.
    Will now have to wait a couple weeks before i get one.
    I just can't believe how disinterested some so called sales people are! Well its cost them a £41 month contract x2 as my wife wants one as well!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Echo86 View Post
    Hey Everyone!

Well I'm a very happy bunny!
    I got my Z10 on the day of release, they only had 1 white and 1 black left(after a bit of debate I picked the Black, much nicer looking)

My partner bought the phone for me! was a early 1 year anniversary gift(only a few weeks off)
    When we was getting the phone the Rep at Phones 4 U was rather pushy with the iPhone 5!
    And decided to give me a entire list of reasons why to pick that over the Z10!

Seems like a pretty bad sales pitch but meh!
    Been using my Z10 for last few days and gotta say this is one amazing phone!
    The battery life is an easy 24 hours of normal use(texting, emails, bbm, looking on forums etc)
    The software is fantastic! I must say it's quick and very responds well!
    Only downside at the moment is there isn't a HSBC App yet to check balance lol!!!

But yeah I wasn't overly happy he tried to talk me out of it!!!

Came with a free Leather Case, Screen Cleaner and a few other bits.

Keep up the good work RIM!!!!!
    Free leather case, cool. Good for you. I wish we had reps talking me out of it, but it hasnt been released in the US yet lol. Just waiting impatiently
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

If I walk in a shop and request a specific device and the sales reps try and sell me something else I turn around immediately and take my money elsewhere.

It's not like I walked in the store and asked for advice about what to get. I will rather have the commission go to another rep and better yet another branch/store that doesn't tolerate stupidity and fanboyism.
    meganVee and marzp like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Reps are probably pushing the iPhone 5 because the carriers have a glut of them and want to get rid of it first because they don't make money on a subsidized iPhone 5 as opposed to a Z10.
    CrackBerry User

You think that's bad? My carrier (fido) called me up on the 30th and asked me if I was willing to renew my contract. I told them I was waiting for the Z10 to be available, they tried to offer me an android phone for free if I'd renew then and there. When I told them that I was only going to get a Blackberry, they asked if I was willing to sign and get a 9790 for $100.

They clearly didn't get it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by galuple View Post
    You think that's bad? My carrier (fido) called me up on the 30th and asked me if I was willing to renew my contract. I told them I was waiting for the Z10 to be available, they tried to offer me an android phone for free if I'd renew then and there. When I told them that I was only going to get a Blackberry, they asked if I was willing to sign and get a 9790 for $100.

They clearly didn't get it.
    I hear ya.

Fido doesn't make the calls themselves but a marketing group they hire do it for them.

I'm going to assume the reps for this third party group makes a commission for every contract renewal or up sell they do.
    CrackBerry Addict

i was at a virgin mobile on Tuesday, the store keeper had a z10 and showed me some functions (since the display one had no charge and would be on display mode anyways), he loved the phone as well, guess it depends on people

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    PIN
    To many of them

Some store owners don't tolerate that sort of stuff while others make sure their staff go out of their way to change your mind.

I just take my money elsewhere as I don't have time to listen to reps babble on especially when I've already made up my mind.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E

I don't even understand why a rep should advice you to get something without you asking for help. Here where I live they just follow the orders. When I say I want this IT MEANS I WANT THIS EXACT ITEM and I am not accepting any negotiation unless he says Out of Stock.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827

I wonder if there is a little push from Apple to all "partners" to push the iPhone5 or else.

These days I give them a chance to explain then start to question their logic, and regardless if they admit their bias or not, I get their supervisor to "recommend" them a refresher on how to properly serve customers without injecting bias.

There's still a lot to praise about an iPhone5 without resorting to ignorant statements like "I recommend it since iPhone5's screen is just better then the Z10's by default"....because it's smaller? less ppi? less responsive?
    Please...
    M.Rizk likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I went into a CPW and EE store yesterday, and inquired about the Z10; the salespersons thoughts and level of interest form customers. From both stores i was told; great level of interest, and that they would recommend the Z10 over android/WP8 ans iOS.
    Last edited by waheedm; 02-06-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E

Quote Originally Posted by waheedm View Post
    I went into a CPW and EE store yesterday, and inquired about the Z10; the salespersons thoughts and level of interest form customers. From both stores i was told; great level of interest, and that they would recommend the Z10 over android/WP8 ans iOS.
    Finally a store believes in BB10. Maybe after they saw the huge amount of sales they switched to BB10 side