Without anything from BlackBerry, these stories will only continue. We need a first 7, 30, 90 day breakdown to see what was sold.
    Blackberry (or the old RIM) never gave out sales figures, did they? They were just "shipped" at best.
    02-06-13 07:48 PM
    What a sad day for NYT's when SoCalRedbird & Dimitri.69 are better investigative journalists than they are.
    SoCalRedbird and cezley like this.
    02-06-13 07:58 PM
    I bought mine yesterday at futureshop at 4pm. I love it. I reserved late and was 4000 in line so I cancelled and took my chances to try and snag 1. They only had 1 come in yesterday for Rogers and I got it, I don't know why nobody else snagged it by then. Weird
    ees1996 likes this.
    02-06-13 09:10 PM
    I am the only one that I know who got one and I've flashed it around to a lot of people. Guess what? No one gives a ****! Lol.

I am honestly trying to understanding what makes it better than an iPhone for me. The thing seems to freeze up every hour, no BES therefore no Notes/Memo, keyboard is starting to make me dizzy with all the predictions that don't match, poor battery, no Skype, no Sirius radio or Pandora, fast internet but so what? The browser isn't very good compared to Safari, cut and paste is a nightmare.

I think I'm going back to the Bold and then give the Q10 a try. Based on the past 24 hours I would that Blackberry has less than a yr to live!
    02-06-13 09:18 PM
    Peoples expectations seen to be for I phone like sales. That's not going to be the case and that's not what was expected from the start.
    02-06-13 09:26 PM
    Man don't read into things that the media outlets write about. Remember who owns them, the corporations, and they dictate what is we hear and what we don't hear. Every story has three sides to it, but the media only shares one side and that side is dictated to them by the head the corporation that owns them.

I read the story, it talked about how there weren't very many people at this one Bell World in Ottawa, who cares, Ottawa doesn't drive the sales for BlackBerry I hate to say, and when government buy devices from BBRY they are custom built with security settings (and hardware) the consumer models don't get in them so it's not like your going to see the local MP in Ottawa walking into a Bell World to buy his government issued BlackBerry! LOL

Don't do worry about, and it sounds like Rebecca is anti-blackberry.
    02-06-13 09:35 PM
    She also says Apple sold 5 million iPhones in Canada that weekend. :-)
    I called the author out on that:

You're also saying that in a country of 34 million, Over 5 million have an iPhone 5? And 14.7% of all Canadian citizens bought a Z10 on the first weekend?
    02-06-13 09:46 PM
    It was 5 million globally on the release weekend. I owned Apple stock at the time.
    02-06-13 10:19 PM
    Some really bad articles... Here in Edmonton, every kiosk and cell phone store I saw at the mall was used up by people and their z10s on the counter. It was such a beautiful scene, the need for a McGangBang in the food court was gone.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:52 PM
    so if the article was "true" why have a picture showing 5 or 6 people standing around a display LOOKING at Z10's?

Media fail
    02-06-13 10:54 PM
    so if the article was "true" why have a picture showing 5 or 6 people standing around a display LOOKING at Z10's?

Media fail
    Honestly i can report & make a article 10% better then him & give accurate details & info. I called that store & they gave me the correct info. What this person wrote on the article is false. All they want is their 15 minutes of fame & they got it BUT he does not realize that he is a pathetic lier in which i doubt he even cares what any of us say anyways. Journalist like this are making BlackBerry look bad & honestly i am sick of it.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:56 PM
    Where I live (Montreal), this phone is fairly popular. Some of the BELL stores ran out of them by the end of the first day. There were lineups at some of the stores. It is like the buyers came out from nowhere. My wife and I each got one, and we love this phone. We are old timer Blackberry users for years. This one is the best one yet!

I was on the phone today with Blackberry support. They are aware of the Outlook sync issue. The tech was not sure of the time frame or the policy for supporting Outlook sync. They are aware of the customer complaints.
    02-06-13 11:03 PM
    Even saw a yahoo article with almost the exact same junk,but instead of the usual BlackBerry bashing in the comments section,some people were coming to its defense and questioning the credibility of the writer and source.
    Was trying to look for the article, but couldn't seem to find it anymore.
    Why are alot of people going out of their way to discredit everything BlackBerry does(media)?Conspiracy or not,it's just getting ridiculously obvious.
    02-06-13 11:40 PM
    Even saw a yahoo article with almost the exact same junk,but instead of the usual BlackBerry bashing in the comments section,some people were coming to its defense and questioning the credibility of the writer and source.
    Was trying to look for the article, but couldn't seem to find it anymore.
    Why are alot of people going out of their way to discredit everything BlackBerry does(media)?Conspiracy or not,it's just getting ridiculously obvious.
    Its because they have nothing better to do with their life's & try to ruin companies because of it. They think by writing all this, will make others stop from getting a BlackBerry. Also the Journalist may not like BlackBerry so they will talk trash because of that reason & i can guaranty that is the reason for most of them 100%.

Its a shame we have people like them writing stupid reports & going around the media like this. Hopefully BlackBerry can bash all of them for doing this!. I would if i was the CEO.
    02-06-13 11:47 PM
    I am the only one that I know who got one and I've flashed it around to a lot of people. Guess what? No one gives a ****! Lol.

I am honestly trying to understanding what makes it better than an iPhone for me. The thing seems to freeze up every hour, no BES therefore no Notes/Memo, keyboard is starting to make me dizzy with all the predictions that don't match, poor battery, no Skype, no Sirius radio or Pandora, fast internet but so what? The browser isn't very good compared to Safari, cut and paste is a nightmare.

I think I'm going back to the Bold and then give the Q10 a try. Based on the past 24 hours I would that Blackberry has less than a yr to live!
    You'll get savaged on here for saying that but yeah I agree with you. Hardware is beautiful but OS is half finished. Just like Playbook all over again. And after waiting and waiting for RIM to fix it, I sold my PB and bought an iPad.

Which is why I returned my Z10 and will stick to my iPhone/Android combo. Playing with a WP 8 just now too and while it is suffering to from some apps missing, the OS is very nice.
    02-07-13 12:33 AM
    Z10 is awesome! I would be all worried and 'haterish' if I was another platform too, but I'm not. LoL
    02-07-13 12:34 AM
    All BlackBerry has to do is sit back and watch the Z10 sell! That's all the bashing that is necessary. It seems to be popular and in huge demand and is certainly the best looking OS out there. I own an iPhone which looks and feels stale, a Samsung Galaxy SIII which is ok for now, but has a lack of security and have played around with the BlackBerry Z10 quite a bit. I Cannot wait to get my hands on one. It looks fresh and i love the gestures. IMHO I think the only thing that comes close to BB10 is Jolla's Sailfish OS which has no subscribers and no ecosystem so it isn't a threat. At least not yet. BlackBerry is back and will slowly but surely rise back to the top! #BB10BELIEVE
    02-07-13 12:36 AM
    The z10 does not freeze. Safari is not a better browser. I know this because I'm using the z10 right now. I also know this because I understand the difference between facts and fiction enough that I can say first hand, the z10 is the planets best super phone. The predictions are working great on the best in class touch keyboard because it is learning my typing habits. This super mobile computing powerhouse of a platform makes all other platforms look silly in comparison. Other platforms feel like Fisher Price next to the BlackBerry z10. Sorry to burst your Apple distortion bubble, lol... as Jim might have said, haha haha!
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-07-13 12:41 AM
    Z10 is hot. Best super phone ever engineered. Thanks BlackBerry!
    02-07-13 12:43 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention. The BlackBerry PlayBook is also the best tablet available. Still.
    02-07-13 12:48 AM
    Given that the article seems to be so divorced from the reality as being reported by the carriers is there any chance of a mod updating the title of this thread to include the words Atlanticwire wrong claims at the start of it?
    02-07-13 12:50 AM
    This approach of discrediting an accepted norm is a well known in many fields. If a company says all their product has sold out, an editor will find the one store that still has stock. The problem is the more gullible will believe that the contadictory position is the norm. It is NOT. It is a statistical outlier!
    It's also practiced in scientific experiments. If 99 studies show one outcome and the one hundrdth study contradicts this, guess which one get all the publicity?
    02-07-13 12:52 AM
    I should have used the fantastic Story Maker application to film and photograph the line ups and action surrounding the launch here in little Regina. That would have been accurate reporting. BlackBerry has retained an enormous installation base of loyal fans globally. Hmmm, could that be because they're a reliable and outstanding brand? Yes. Remember when apple was making all their mistakes and nearly collapsed? I do.
    02-07-13 12:57 AM
    I should have used the fantastic Story Maker application to film and photograph the line ups and action surrounding the launch here in little Regina. That would have been accurate reporting. BlackBerry has retained an enormous installation base of loyal fans globally. Hmmm, could that be because they're a reliable and outstanding brand? Yes. Remember when apple was making all their mistakes and nearly collapsed? I do.
    So do I. If Apple doesn't change something about their boring iOS you can add that to their list of mistakes too. You so should have used Story Maker!!!
    02-07-13 01:09 AM
    Have the Canadians here considered making a formal complaint to the press regulator, sending a warning to the head office of the phone store and another complaint to the actual publication? Nothing saying you have to put up with it.
    02-07-13 01:31 AM
151 ... 23456 ...