Hey guys! I stumbled upon this article that seems to have stats of how many Z10's were bought on the Canadian launch day. But I wonder if this is based on reality, or another troll?

I hope someone can clear the air!
    02-06-13 11:16 AM
    Can you post what it said?
    02-06-13 11:18 AM
    People went to work on Tues... We'll have to judge this weekend whether or not the Z10 is popular or not
    pgg101 likes this.
    02-06-13 11:20 AM
    In a sad scene that may not bode well for the comeback of the cellphone giant formerly known as Research in Motion, the new BlackBerry Z10 debut on its home turf to very unenthusiastic, even lonely reception in what should be the Canadian company's most enthusiastic market. Whether the uneven homecoming continues an early trend abroad of uneven sales for the first of two phones on the company's hail-mary BlackBerry 10 platform remains unclear until the Z10 goes on sale in the U.S. next month — analyst remain cautiously optimistic — but according to The New York Times's Ian Austen, a launch event in Ottawa last night certainly didn't look good:

Sales didn't pick up throughout the day either, and two hours later the store was desolate. Austen continues: "By 10:15 a.m., the Bell store in the mall was empty except for four clerks as was the Telus shop, a small carrier’s kiosk and several independent electronics shops. At the Apple store, there was about 20 customers and a half dozen people at the genius bar." Other reports suggest mild crowds, as well. "There weren't the typical long lineups," noted CBC in a contrast from four years ago, when the BlackBerry Storm launch drew hundreds and incited a mini-riot.

When the Bell Canada store in the Rideau Centre, an upmarket shopping mall and transit hub in the city’s downtown, opened its doors at 8:30 a.m., only seven customers entered. Five became some of the first North Americans to buy the BlackBerry Z10 phone... One of the early arrivals, who declined to discuss his shopping, appeared to purchase a Samsung smartphone while a woman left empty-handed after 10 minutes.
    416to604 and Rllli like this.
    02-06-13 11:21 AM
    That's as bad as the NYTimes article. It's funny how little research people are doing here. From everything we're seeing the roll out so far is looking pretty good.
    bizzyqu, H4zN, robkd and 35 others like this.
    02-06-13 11:25 AM
    Here is the original source:
    Lackluster Start for BlackBerry's New Phone in Canada - NYTimes.com

Rideau Centre...Ottawa...One city.

"BlackBerry’s homeland. Rogers Communications, Bell and Telus, the country’s three major carriers, declined to provide specific opening-day sales numbers. "

No Statistics provided.

"By 10:15 a.m., the Bell store in the mall was empty except for four clerks as was the Telus shop, a small carrier’s kiosk and several independent electronics shops. "

My experience in retail, a lot of people do not shop that early.
    BergerKing and NightSlayer like this.
    02-06-13 11:25 AM
    Hmm that article is way off. First every single store is sold out of the Z10's. Why is that? Oh wait because people want it. Second why would 5,000+ reserve with Rogers? Why would Telus & Bell stop the pre orders for the white? Why would the carrier.

Not every single person will go into the stores to get a phone.. People pay their bills & ask questions.
    02-06-13 11:26 AM
    That's as bad as the NYTimes article. It's funny how little research people are doing here. From everything we're seeing the roll out so far is looking pretty good.
    Agreed Kevin!. They never do research at all before making a article or even write something.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:27 AM
    More importantly Simon and Bla1ze cameos!
    ddlax22 likes this.
    02-06-13 11:29 AM
    Without anything from BlackBerry, these stories will only continue. We need a first 7, 30, 90 day breakdown to see what was sold.
    02-06-13 11:30 AM
    Without anything from BlackBerry, these stories will only continue. We need a first 7, 30, 90 day breakdown to see what was sold.

That is true. They will not say anything until 90 days or so later. I wonder if the people that write the articles actually know anything before doing this.. I swear they are just trolling because they have nothing better to do with their life's..
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:31 AM
    I was at the Burlington Mall in Burlington ON around 6pm yesterday. The Bell Store was packed. I went in to upgrade to the Z10. I had a few issues with some of the details in my new contract so I was there for quite some time. And in that time I counted 14 Z10s being purchased. There was a long line when I left the store. Im originally from Ottawa and Im certain that the Rideau store will be full come the end of the work day when all the Gov employees leave. Im sure the weekend will be very busy for the Z10 especially in the suburbs.
    BergerKing, rotorwrench and SDTRMG like this.
    02-06-13 11:33 AM
    When I went with my girlfriend Tuesday morning to buy her Z10 there was at least one other person buying it as well
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:35 AM
    Thought so as well, but just wanted to make sure! Thanks!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:36 AM
    Don't judge the sales of the Z10 based on one or two articles. There might be at-least 20 articles stating that z10 has been well received with everyone praising it (And not only Blackberry users, but also iPhone and Android users).
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:38 AM
    Just because Canadians don't buy it out of nationalism doesn't mean anything. It's a smart phone, plain and simple. Our stats should be expected to be on par with the rest of the world.

Wait for the real numbers, I went to a secluded mall. The future shop was sold out of all carriers, with a customer activating the last one. So I went to Telus and saw 3 people buy one before I took mine

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    BergerKing and mjolnirgs like this.
    02-06-13 11:39 AM
    Hamilton, home to only 500 thousand or so had a lineup of about 9 people between 9am-10:30am and literally all were there for the Z10 (Store manager kept asking because they ran out of white Z10)... Not sure about the rest of the day because I was at home with my Z10. We have many other stores here and I'm sure they did well too. Some people in the store were buying and had not reserved, so of the ~3000 reservations I'm sure there were MANY more sales and will continue as more reviews come out (as long as people don't solely go by these kinds of crap articles).
    02-06-13 11:41 AM
    The post title is a big misleading. 90% of people will read the title only, title is like a statement of summary about what you wanted to say.

The negative effect of your post to Blackberry would be almost the same as the news article that your quoted.
    02-06-13 11:44 AM
    its a shame that crap like this passes for journalism these days. how you can draw a conclusion like that with such a small sample size is beyond me.

thanks for posting the body of the article here OP. i hate clicking through to garbage "news"
    BergerKing and H4zN like this.
    02-06-13 11:44 AM
    People in Toronto are all over this phone from what I can tell. The rogers store where I got mine (1st in line!) had about 30 people in line at the 10am opening. Everyone seems to be talking about it and if you look at kijiji/craigslist, it's obvious demand is high here.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 11:46 AM
    not in the uk , phone doing really well and even iphone users impressed with it . I have it and it's great
    H4zN, BergerKing and world saviour like this.
    02-06-13 11:47 AM
    She also says Apple sold 5 million iPhones in Canada that weekend. :-)
    H4zN likes this.
    02-06-13 11:53 AM
    Hmm that article is way off. First every single store is sold out of the Z10's. Why is that? Oh wait because people want it. Second why would 5,000+ reserve with Rogers? Why would Telus & Bell stop the pre orders for the white? Why would the carrier.

Not every single person will go into the stores to get a phone.. People pay their bills & ask questions.
    BANG! See?! That's what I thought in the first place. The article sucks! #BB10Believe!
    BergerKing and M.Rizk like this.
    02-06-13 12:03 PM
    not in the uk , phone doing really well and even iphone users impressed with it . I have it and it's great
    It's sold out, right?!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:03 PM
    People in Toronto are all over this phone from what I can tell. The rogers store where I got mine (1st in line!) had about 30 people in line at the 10am opening. Everyone seems to be talking about it and if you look at kijiji/craigslist, it's obvious demand is high here.
    And they don't mention that in the article. Who pays them to give false information?
    BergerKing and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 12:04 PM
151 123 ...