I am able to view many types of file from "connect to Dropbox " but. Rtf files from my Mac Dropbox - the simplest you can get just show as a 1kb file that my Z10 says it is unable to open. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:21 PM
    I am able to view many types of file from "connect to Dropbox " but. Rtf files from my Mac Dropbox - the simplest you can get just show as a 1kb file that my Z10 says it is unable to open. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, I don't think BB's natively can deal with the .rtf file extension - no app to open it. I don't recall if Docs-to-go could or not - I think NOT????
    11-29-14 01:02 PM
    I posted this another thread as well:

Most word processing apps from Amazon Store can open it (WPS and OfficeSuite among others).
    I personally use the File Converter app ( http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59953367 to convert the RTF file on my phone. Recommend that native app.

Attachment 352997
    Attachment 352998

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-15-15 06:55 PM
    Download an app called Text reader from the Amazon app store. Opens rtf files.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 11:31 PM
    I don't use a mac so I can't speak to its rich text file format they use...

However, I can add support for them in Text Edit HD if you want a native reader. . But I'll need a sample file. I'm working in some syntax highlighting right now so it's kind of a good time for it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-16-15 01:45 AM
    I don't use a mac so I can't speak to its rich text file format they use...

However, I can add support for them in Text Edit HD if you want a native reader. . But I'll need a sample file. I'm working in some syntax highlighting right now so it's kind of a good time for it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Google foe "Sample rtf document" and you will get one.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    05-17-15 10:07 PM
    Google foe "Sample rtf document" and you will get one.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    The reason I ask for a sample is there are 5 variations of RTF files between XP, Current Win and Apple. And especially Apple, who likes to do their own thing, I was hoping for a sample file to review.

Anyway - not important. I'll move it to the back burner for now.
    05-18-15 04:12 AM
    The reason I ask for a sample is there are 5 variations of RTF files between XP, Current Win and Apple. And especially Apple, who likes to do their own thing, I was hoping for a sample file to review.

Anyway - not important. I'll move it to the back burner for now.
    There is an rtf file called "sample". I found it using Google. Not being snarky.
    05-18-15 07:53 AM