Hey, since taking the 4181 update last week, my cellular signal is all over the place...it'll change every couple of seconds ranging from 5 bars to 0 bars and everything in between. I'm missing calls and sometimes unable to make them.

I tried a wipe, cannot re-install in BB Link for some reason and even tried the 10.2 leak all to no avail.

This is originally a Telus phone unlocked and now being used on Rogers if that makes any difference.

Any insights?
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    08-04-13 03:03 PM
    Hey, since taking the 4181 update last week, my cellular signal is all over the place...it'll change every couple of seconds ranging from 5 bars to 0 bars and everything in between. I'm missing calls and sometimes unable to make them.

I tried a wipe, cannot re-install in BB Link for some reason and even tried the 10.2 leak all to no avail.

This is originally a Telus phone unlocked and now being used on Rogers if that makes any difference.

Any insights?
    4G or LTE?

Are you positive it was a Telus phone? What is the model number?
    08-04-13 03:23 PM
    It is an LTE, it came from Telus, I had it unlocked using a code from the BB database (the 3rd party database code did not work). It is a STL100-3

BTW, I just tried a Telus sim card in it, same results...signal bouncing all over the place (while sitting still)
    08-04-13 03:34 PM
    It is an LTE, it came from Telus, I had it unlocked using a code from the BB database (the 3rd party database code did not work). It is a STL100-3

BTW, I just tried a Telus sim card in it, same results...signal bouncing all over the place (while sitting still)
    Might be spotty LTE

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 04:01 PM
    It's the cellular signal that is the problem, not the data. We don't have LTE where I am, so it's actually turned off.
    08-04-13 04:10 PM
    It's the cellular signal that is the problem, not the data. We don't have LTE where I am, so it's actually turned off.
    So it's spotty 4G than, either way if the bars are fluctuating, I'd make sure it's not a carrier coverage issue first

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 04:23 PM
    Same thing happens in the Z10 with a Telus sim card...my Rogers sim in an iPhone is solid. I'm leaning towards a bug in the radio software in these two updates
    08-04-13 04:56 PM

Any insights?
    WOW!!! Finally! I found someone with the same exact issue I'm having!!!!! Wow, I'm so surprised. Sometimes my calls wont even ring and just go straight to voice mail. IDK man, driving me nuts, everyone kept saying signal fluctuation is normal don't read too much into it, so even though I knew it wasn't I just listened to them. I know we're not crazy though! Because then I started experiencing the exact same issues as you.

so I just sent it in for repairs today. I'll let you know what happens.
    08-12-13 06:03 PM
    got phone back and they said there's no problems with it. (of course) so now I gotta provide examples of when I have dropped calls and stuf... ugh
    08-21-13 01:34 PM