http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/02/28/ro...dips-to-99-99/

Looked but my apologies if it's a repost.

I plan on calling in and trying to get back the difference as I only upgraded last week and am within the 15 day remorse period if they put up a fight I can say undo the upgrade and then redo it the next day.

Seems like a worthy battle for $40-50

Update:
    These prices are for BOGO offers ? buy one get one. Apparently the changes are only available on secondary line Family plan ? smartphone sharing, not available on all talk, text & internet plans?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by makaveli86; 03-01-13 at 12:33 PM.
    03-01-13 01:03 AM
    Rogers cutting 3-year pricing on several flagship smarphones tomorrow, BlackBerry Z10 dropping to $99.99 | MobileSyrup.com

I plan on calling in and trying to get back the difference as I only upgraded last week and am within the 15 day remorse period if they put up a fight I can say undo the upgrade and then redo it the next day.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize if you have gone over the 30 minutes they can NOT give you the credit right? If you tell them " Oh i got the phone last week & i want the price you offer now or else i am taking the phone back because i am within the 15 days" They will tell you that you most likely went over the 30 minute mark.

For the ones that can get the credit, go right ahead but need to remind you, Managers most likely have sent emails to reps telling them that those credits can ONLY been given out to the ones that are within the 15 / 30 minute mark. If you gone over that & got the phone on launch day or so, they wont give you the credit.
    03-01-13 01:09 AM
    No. The new CRTC law makes it 15 days instead of 30 minutes.

Posted via microwave.
    03-01-13 01:11 AM
    No. The new CRTC law makes it 15 days instead of 30 minutes.

Posted via microwave.
    Show me a link to this please with Rogers on it. I am looking at everything & i do NOT see it. Also i have my sisters contract she got with Rogers just 2 days ago & it says 30 minutes or 15 days on it.
    03-01-13 01:14 AM
    And how would they know which phone I used to go over the 30 min??

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:15 AM
    And how would they know which phone I used to go over the 30 min??

Posted via CB10
    Easy. They contact the call center & check which sim card was used with the IMEI number of the phone. They can see then how many phone calls & minutes are used within that time frame.

Also with the old blackberries all a rep had to do is go into Options - Device - Device and Status Info & type BUYR. This would show them the minutes you used even if you did a factory reset on the phone. You can do thousands of factory resets & such but that time will still stay there no matter what.
    03-01-13 01:17 AM
    Great news...More incentive for people to purchase the Z10...(like they needed more reasons!)
    Oscar_E likes this.
    03-01-13 01:19 AM
    Easy. They contact the call center & check which sim card was used with the IMEI number of the phone. They can see then how many phone calls & minutes are used within that time frame.
    Well if they go digging in that far ur **** outta luck but if they don't u get the credit. Might as well try, don't u think?

And I don't mean call in with that arrogant attitude like they owe u the $50 credit. Call in and be polite and ask about it like u would ask customer relations to work out a retention deal for u

I've seen ppl do the return in person. The sales rep checked out the call timer saw it was less than 30 min and good to go. Even if it shows "Since March 1" in the call timer screen. It showed that same day for the guy returning his in front of me. Not sure what actual Rogers policy is and if they are required to pull up imei call logs to determine the Call time or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:21 AM
    Well if they go digging in that far ur **** outta luck but if they don't u get the credit. Might as well try, don't u think?

And I don't mean call in with that arrogant attitude like they owe u the $50 credit. Call in and be polite and ask about it like u would ask customer relations to work out a retention deal for u

Posted via CB10
    You can call in & be polite but most reps will not give the credit as they already see you got the device a week ago & went over the minutes right? If you do get a rep that does it tho, that it good!. Most reps are told not to give the credits out unless they are needed. Retention reps get told all this before this even gets leaked out & all. Believe me i should know lol.

Also remember, if you call in & the rep checks out the minutes & you went over the 30 minute mark, they will leave a note on your account saying this just in case you call back & keep trying lol.
    makaveli86 likes this.
    03-01-13 01:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yea you can try...may or may not work. But if they have gotten that memo stating who are eligible for the discount (many times they do) and the stipulations for doing so...
    03-01-13 01:24 AM
    You can call in & be polite but most reps will not give the credit as they already see you got the device a week ago & went over the minutes right? If you do get a rep that does it tho, that it good!. Most reps are told not to give the credits out unless they are needed. Retention reps get told all this before this even gets leaked out & all. Believe me i should know lol.
    Can I call u and have u do it for me? haha I kid I kid

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:25 AM
    Yea you can try...may or may not work. But if they have gotten that memo stating who are eligible for the discount (many times they do) and the stipulations for doing so...
    Agreed. The retention reps & management get emails a few days before the phone gets a discount price. They have get told who is eligible to get the discount & such. Its not that easy tho. You can try BUT i can say you may not get it.
    Cap_172R likes this.
    03-01-13 01:26 AM
    I'm definitely going to call in tomorrow and try.
    I ordered my phone earlier this week and they haven't even shipped it to me yet, so I think I'm well within my rights to politely ask for a price adjustment....
    03-01-13 02:23 AM
    The things people will go through for 50 bucks - sigh - My time is worth more than the amount of time that it would take to exchange and setup a new phone again
    03-01-13 02:28 AM
    The things people will go through for 50 bucks - sigh - My time is worth more than the amount of time that it would take to exchange and setup a new phone again
    Congrats man

The preferred method would be a quick phone call and not an all out reversal of hardware upgrade and then process it again at the lower price.

Hopefully my time will be worth more than $40 an hour too after I'm done school (and that's being very generous with the amount of time allotted to do the exchange if one forgoes the phone call method, it will most likely be less once the Rogers rep sympathetically agrees to ur exchange to save money). But in the mean time, students like myself would love to try to save money wherever we can (**** most ppl I know would not just students). Yes I could have saved even more money by just not getting the phone altogether, but i budgeted for the $140 upgrade cost for myself. But If I'm able to get back $40 in exchange for some time on the phone between classes using my unlimited minutes plan (so there is no opportunity cost crap involved since extra minutes dont cost me anything anyways) then why not try to get the bonus? And could you go thread crap elsewhere plz? Cheers.
    03-01-13 02:42 AM
    Congrats man

The preferred method would be a quick phone call and not an all out reversal of hardware upgrade and then process it again at the lower price.

Hopefully my time will be worth more than $40 an hour too after I'm done school (and that's being very generous with the amount of time allotted to do the exchange if one forgoes the phone call method, it will most likely be less once the Rogers rep sympathetically agrees to ur exchange to save money). But in the mean time, students like myself would love to try to save money wherever we can (**** most ppl I know would not just students). Yes I could have saved even more money by just not getting the phone altogether, but i budgeted for the $140 upgrade cost for myself. But If I'm able to get back $40 in exchange for some time on the phone between classes using my unlimited minutes plan (so there is no opportunity cost crap involved since extra minutes dont cost me anything anyways) then why not try to get the bonus? And could you go thread crap elsewhere plz? Cheers.
    All the power to you man...I'm just saying it is not worth my time for 50 bucks that is all. Cheers

PS: If you're with Rogers the store will call in to verify the minutes and if it is 1 second over 30 minutes they will decline the return - I know that because I bought an iPhone 5 and didn't like it so I attempted to return it within 3 days but when they phoned in they said I used the phone for 35 minutes and sent me on my merry way.
    03-01-13 03:11 AM
    Got my $50 back, as I asked them to code my phone DOA because I had battery problem since launch day, plus they sending me a new one again! Thanks Rogers

Posted via my White Z10
    03-01-13 05:49 AM
    Rogers cutting 3-year pricing on several flagship smarphones tomorrow, BlackBerry Z10 dropping to $99.99 | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10

REALLY are you that cheap?
    03-01-13 05:53 AM
    You can try, doubt it would work though
    03-01-13 06:16 AM
    Nothing wrong with trying to get 40$ back its not being cheap

Posted via CB10
    fragment137 and DeeLishusOne like this.
    03-01-13 06:31 AM
    Wonder why the price cut on a new handset?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-01-13 06:39 AM
    Wonder why the price cut on a new handset?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    a lot of the handsets at Rogers went down in price this morning, just not the Z10. Rogers does this all the time
    03-01-13 06:44 AM
    Rogers has 30 day price garrenty ! im calling 50$ is worth it for me its a tank of gas !!
    03-01-13 06:48 AM
    So what are you guys doing, returning the phones and then turning around and getting a new one?????
    03-01-13 06:55 AM
    Anyone find a link for this info on the Rogers site? I only see it on Mobilesyrup but can't find anywhere on Rogers.com where it shows the z10 for 99.99.
    03-01-13 07:18 AM
44 12