Is anyone else receiving a software update notification everyday? I deleted some apps that I don't plan to use on my Z10 and every evening I receive a software update. The first time I did the update, all it did was reinstall the apps I had deleted. I deleted the apps again and then received another notification the following day. Once again, I ran the upgrade and reinstalled the apps again. The updates are all 10 mb in size? What gives?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 09:58 PM
    Is anyone else receiving a software update notification everyday? I deleted some apps that I don't plan to use on my Z10 and every evening I receive a software update. The first time I did the update, all it did was reinstall the apps I had deleted. I deleted the apps again and then received another notification the following day. Once again, I ran the upgrade and reinstalled the apps again. The updates are all 10 mb in size? What gives?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, everyone gets it, since you don't use the apps don't keep reinstalling it, I get the notification too and just disregard it every day.
    Simple, if the update isn't in the 100mb+, it most likely isn't an OS update and you don't need to go through it.
    03-07-13 10:00 PM
    Bloatware...just the apps that your carrier pushes to you...
    03-07-13 10:01 PM
    These miniature updates are for those baked in apps you keep deleting. It doesn't matter if you keep deleting them ad nauseam as they'll keep pestering you!

Just create a folder and label it 'junk' or something. Throw them apps in there! You can even drag this folder out of sight onto the last page! Easy-peacy!
    03-07-13 10:05 PM
    These miniature updates are for those baked in apps you keep deleting. It doesn't matter if you keep deleting them ad nauseam as they'll keep pestering you!

Just create a folder and label it 'junk' or something. Throw them apps in there! You can even drag this folder out of sight onto the last page! Easy-peacy!
    yeah... i miss the hide/unhide feature, that was the solution in the legacy OS...wouldn't even know they're there.
    03-07-13 10:08 PM
    yeah... i miss the hide/unhide feature, that was the solution in the legacy OS...wouldn't even know they're there.
    hide wasn't really much of a solution. A junk folder is much better, theres no reason to have invisible OS features now.

i get a 3mb update request daily (i only remove the rogers live tv app) and ignore it. Wish there was a way to plainly NOT download bloatware, but at least its a very minor inconvenience to delete a hub notification
    03-08-13 01:06 AM