I'm actually surprised. They have been advertising. Their Rogers Buzz twitter account keeps talking about it, there was the press release which other tech websites and newsworthy sources have been talking about and I just moments ago (and have heard others) got a test message about it even though I have already reserved mine. As for the $40, it's just a deposit - they refund you the 40 bucks once you cancel your reservation or buy the phone. They even set up dedicated links rogers.com/reserve and rogers.com/BB10 - I don't think they have been this supportive about anything in a while!

This is a national number and Rogers has between 26-30 million over 9 million wireless subscribers (I was on crack there... that was total Canadian). Though obviously not all of them are in the market for a new phone, I expected numbers to be higher, but they seem to be going up much faster today.
    12-18-12 04:14 PM
    100% agree. Just from having a link on their site and a few tech blogs posting a link id say 712 for one carrier, from existing customers, in a low population country is good. Its only been one day. Spread the word that we can reserve people!!!
    Oh... and I forgot to mention one more..... we are still a month and a half away yet from the official launch.
    12-18-12 04:14 PM
    I'm actually surprised. They have been advertising. Their Rogers Buzz twitter account keeps talking about it, there was the press release which other tech websites and newsworthy sources have been talking about and I just moments ago (and have heard others) got a test message about it even though I have already reserved mine. As for the $40, it's just a deposit - they refund you the 40 bucks once you cancel your reservation or buy the phone. They even set up dedicated links rogers.com/reserve and rogers.com/BB10 - I don't think they have been this supportive about anything in a while!

This is a national number and Rogers has between 26-30 million wireless subscribers. Though obviously not all of them are in the market for a new phone, I expected numbers to be higher, but they seem to be going up much faster today.
    lol.... well what do ya know.... as I was reading your message, I got the Rogers text. One thing I wonder, however, is are these being sent out to BB customers who are ready to upgrade only or all Rogers wireless accounts? At the end it says "Reply OTHER if you'd like to upgrade to another smartphone".

As for your numbers of subscribers, there are only approx 35 million people here in Canada. They don't have that kind of monopoly on wireless communication. I believe their subscriber base is approx 9.5 million.
    12-18-12 04:18 PM
    You can use it to get a subsidized phone if you're eligible. You sort all that out when you go into the store to pick it up.
    Got a 'special' invitation from Rogers allowing me to upgrade to a new phone 'early' (i.e. waiving any early upgrade fee owing, which in my case is $ 125.00), but I have to order a phone by 12/31/2012. Wonder if this offer would still apply for ordering the new BB handset, even though I wouldn't receive it until February?
    12-18-12 04:49 PM
    I got a text about it at 2pm and I reserved one when I got home. It's up to 735 so far.
    ThaMunsta and Lideo like this.
    12-18-12 04:50 PM
    Got a 'special' invitation from Rogers allowing me to upgrade to a new phone 'early' (i.e. waiving any early upgrade fee owing, which in my case is $ 125.00), but I have to order a phone by 12/31/2012. Wonder if this offer would still apply for ordering the new BB handset, even though I wouldn't receive it until February?
    I got the same letter in the mail yesterday. You pose a good question there... let us know if they would honour that proposition.
    12-18-12 05:03 PM
    I'm not so sure RIM will be able to recover from the bad impression its devices have got. Just today I was speaking with a friend who wanted to upgrade from a dumb phone. I suggested BB10 he asked if BBs are good. A couple of other people snapped with a quick 'no!'. I had to explain that BB10 is completely new and all that. In the past RIM has consistently underperformed and people have ingrained impressions now. Yesterday I told another friend that I had reserved a BB10 and told her this thing is completely new blah blah and she said thats what they've always said.
    12-18-12 05:04 PM
    i think it applies to BB10. it seems like rogers is just trying to get as much reservations in before the end of the year, most likely to gauge how many handsets they need from RIM.

I am #270 by the way.
    12-18-12 05:08 PM
    I'm not so sure RIM will be able to recover from the bad impression its devices have got. Just today I was speaking with a friend who wanted to upgrade from a dumb phone. I suggested BB10 he asked if BBs are good. A couple of other people snapped with a quick 'no!'. I had to explain that BB10 is completely new and all that. In the past RIM has consistently underperformed and people have ingrained impressions now. Yesterday I told another friend that I had reserved a BB10 and told her this thing is completely new blah blah and she said thats what they've always said.
    It's definitely not going to happen right out the gate. There is work to be done to reverse the public perception in somer markets, most notabley, North America. Give it some time and, should BB10 be all we want and expect it to be, there will be a change in the tides.
    12-18-12 05:19 PM
    It will take time to rebuild, but it can be done.

Remember, at one point, "Macs" were only used by weird cultists who looked down their nose at Windows, brandished Apple logos everywhere and overpaid for underpowered computers. (I was one of them. <g>).
    12-18-12 05:32 PM
    It's definitely not going to happen right out the gate. There is work to be done to reverse the public perception in somer markets, most notabley, North America. Give it some time and, should BB10 be all we want and expect it to be, there will be a change in the tides.
    yup, I say a good three to 4 months of happy users and by summertime BB will be well known again, good in time for back to school and for the next holiday season
    12-18-12 05:43 PM
    Will be lining up at conestoga mall rogers in waterloo on release day.
    Maybe I'll see you there.. Although I may be a couple stores down at TBooth because I have an $80 credit because I never used the warranty on my 9700. If not, I may be at the Ira Needle Rogers if I switch carriers
    12-18-12 05:52 PM
    They wont do it unfortunately. Offer ends on 12/31/12 as you've stated. Any promotions Rogers currently will not be available by the time the phones ship. Try calling customer relations once you get confirmation that the device is shipped to your local store. Source? I work for Rogers
    12-18-12 06:26 PM
    Yeah by next Xmas RIM will hopefully have taken off and be considered a serious contender. An analyst said that bb10 will be more popular than wp8 in Canada and that's not surprising given how many Canadians have blackberrys and still love BBM.
    12-18-12 06:32 PM
    Bell says Dec 20th for their reservation and yet nothing from Telus.
    Bell told me on char that it was December 21st. LoL A day earlier works too.
    12-18-12 07:15 PM
    Yeah by next Xmas RIM will hopefully have taken off and be considered a serious contender. An analyst said that bb10 will be more popular than wp8 in Canada and that's not surprising given how many Canadians have blackberrys and still love BBM.
    BlackBerry has a lot more influence in places like the middle east and the UK. I would love to see BB slip ahead in North America!

I'm also super excited to see the count at over 700 lets get the hype goin!
    12-18-12 08:19 PM
    BlackBerry has a lot more influence in places like the middle east and the UK. I would love to see BB slip ahead in North America!

I'm also super excited to see the count at over 700 lets get the hype goin!
    Yeah definitely it does in the middle East. My dad and all his business folk use blackberry devices which is one reason I'm getting bb10 so its easy for me to BBM him.
    12-18-12 08:37 PM
    700+ people will be a little more productive than me sometime in mid Feb.
    12-18-12 09:09 PM
    Reserved my spot last night as well. #497...... will be heading over to Conestoga Mall probably as well. Or Rogers Plus on Weber. I'm a Playbook user, looking forward to my first Blackberry phone. Have been waiting for this phone pretty much since I moved to Waterloo a year ago!
    12-18-12 09:15 PM
    Whos higher the 750?
    12-18-12 09:36 PM
    I'm number 481, It's nice to see that this early on there's already quite a few people reserving! Since not everybody reserves, the preorder isn't very advertised and not everybody is on Rogers
    I take it it's a pretty good number so far!
    12-18-12 09:55 PM
    For this sole reason, I am glad I'm with Rogers Question, does anyone know if the L and N series will be priced differently? I'm going to pre-order right now, but I know I'm eligible for an upgrade. I think I'll buy the L outright if it's cheaper than the N outright or vice versa and then use my upgrade on the other. I just want to try out both really badly and I'll keep one and give the other to my BF LOL.

I am number 883
    12-19-12 12:33 AM
    For this sole reason, I am glad I'm with Rogers Question, does anyone know if the L and N series will be priced differently? I'm going to pre-order right now, but I know I'm eligible for an upgrade. I think I'll buy the L outright if it's cheaper than the N outright or vice versa and then use my upgrade on the other. I just want to try out both really badly and I'll keep one and give the other to my BF LOL.

I am number 883
    Unfortunately there is nothing but guessing the prices at this point
    12-19-12 02:50 AM
    i think it applies to BB10. it seems like rogers is just trying to get as much reservations in before the end of the year, most likely to gauge how many handsets they need from RIM.

I am #270 by the way.
    I politely disagree. I just phoned support from here in germany and spoke with the kind indian girl. Any promotions are applicable to new handset activations only. Not reservations with an unannounced price. I too wish this would work out though.
    12-19-12 05:45 AM
    Reserved mine in Waterloo #643
    Btw, for those that can't reserve a device, smile because its not what it is cracked up to be...makes the waiting worst
    12-19-12 10:40 AM
280 ... 34567 ...