I bought BlackBerry Z10 from Wireless Wave (Costco) out right. I got it on Rogers network. When I submit the IMEI number for unlocking it comes back as NIL. The unlocker tells me that IMEI was not found in the database. Does anyone know what the problem might be.

Thanks
    02-11-13 11:27 PM
    I bought BlackBerry Z10 from Wireless Wave (Costco) out right. I got it on Rogers network. When I submit the IMEI number for unlocking it comes back as NIL. The unlocker tells me that IMEI was not found in the database. Does anyone know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Maybe try the services of CrackBerry (CrackBerry Unlocking Store). They will unlock it for you.

http://crackberry.com/how-unlock-you...adian-carriers
    02-11-13 11:37 PM

Thanks
    Whom did you try unlocking with? As Cap_172R mentions, try Crackberry or QuickPhoneUnlock.
    Supa_Fly1 and ramxx like this.
    02-11-13 11:53 PM
    That's because the place you contacted doesn't support BB10. The crackberry store does. Make sure you select BB10, as it is a different code than older BBs
    02-11-13 11:55 PM
    Yep, instead unlock codes are not working with the Z10. Even some of the network unlock codes are having issues with the Z10.

If you go through the CrackBerryUnlocking store, the guys there are on top of it big time. Not as quick with these codes (at least for now) and more pricey (for now), but they should be able to take good care of you. Have had awesome success with the Z10 so far. Lots of happy unlocked Z10 owners out there.
    02-12-13 12:02 AM
    My BlackBerry shows Network Subset: Unlocked and Service Provider: Unlocked under SIM Card in Settings. Does this mean my BlackBerry Z10 is already unlocked?
    mikecivic2003 likes this.
    02-12-13 01:12 AM
    My BlackBerry shows Network Subset: Unlocked and Service Provider: Unlocked under SIM Card in Settings. Does this mean my BlackBerry Z10 is already unlocked?
    Nope - all BB Z10's show that. You need to have one more setting - "Network - Unlocked" in order for it to be unlocked.

Rogers BlackBerry Z10 not unlocking-wp_20130211_006.jpg

The one on the left (White) is unlocked, while the one on the right (Black) is locked to the original provider.
    Supa_Fly1 and owadkelly like this.
    02-12-13 01:19 AM
    I had this problem too. Bought from Costco Rogers Z10 tried to unlocked it and provider came back with the same msg. Could not be located in the db. Maybe it's too new and takes some time to get the codes?

I'm trying another place before taking it to Crackberr unlocking!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    h_noor likes this.
    02-12-13 02:42 AM
    I just thought of something, does it matter if I've never put my sim card in it? Does it register with Rogers AFTER a sim card is inserted? Right now there's no way of telling it's a Rogers phone, no badging, no Rogers apps, no splash screen. I only know it's a Rogers phone because the guy at Costco told me so.

Can anyone confirm they've unlocked a Z10 without putting a sim card in?
    02-12-13 05:44 PM
    I've unlocked a few now. Pretty sure I unlocked one with no sim card in.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    VR6 likes this.
    02-12-13 08:26 PM
    Nope - all BB Z10's show that. You need to have one more setting - "Network - Unlocked" in order for it to be unlocked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130211_006.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	135448

The one on the left (White) is unlocked, while the one on the right (Black) is locked to the original provider.
    Okay, thanks for the information. I was just curious and have no need to unlock the BlackBerry Z10. I heard a rep at the Rogers outlet tell someone if they unlock the smartphone the warranty is voided.
    02-12-13 09:00 PM
    It is not being unlocked using the instant method. I have tried different places. All of them can't return an unlock code. I have gotten all the other Z10s unlocked successfully except this one. I have contacted Quick Phone Unlock, CrackBerry Unlock and some other, name I don't remember.

P.S: I have gotten 3 other Z10s unlocked using different suppliers (trying to get the best price, they keep changing). Also, I purchased this specific phone from Wireless ETC (Costco)... not Wireless Wave as mentioned before.
    Last edited by h_noor; 02-12-13 at 11:27 PM.
    02-12-13 10:32 PM
    Please let me know how it worked for you. Thanks.
    02-12-13 11:19 PM
    It seems like that Z10s from Costco do not register with networks right away. May be it takes time, I am not sure.

One interesting thing I did find out today (internal source) is that Costco is the only retailer who gets its BlackBerrys directly from BlackBerry, others get it from wireless carriers. So that means that Costco gets the phone from BlackBerry and then assigns it to a carrier of choice; instead of carrier assigning their own devices and then forwarding it to retail stores.
    02-12-13 11:26 PM
    It seems like that Z10s from Costco do not register with networks right away. May be it takes time, I am not sure.

One interesting thing I did find out today (internal source) is that Costco is the only retailer who gets its BlackBerrys directly from BlackBerry, others get it from wireless carriers. So that means that Costco gets the phone from BlackBerry and then assigns it to a carrier of choice; instead of carrier assigning their own devices and then forwarding it to retail stores.
    I actually had the same issue as you did. Went with quick unlock phone and they provided me with a 16 digit unlock code.
    With some devices the full 16 digits wont work.. input the 8 first digits and you are good to go!

Cheers!
    02-13-13 01:08 AM
    Neither has worked for me on my koodo z10. Tried the 16 digits and the first 8. Neither worked.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 01:55 AM
    Guys, I had this same problem. I picked up a Rogers z10 on launch day and tried three different "reputable" unlockers. All provided me with the same 8 digit code and it wouldn't take. I then got a message on here from BlackberryCodeSource asking for my IMEI and the unlock codes that were provided. He confirmed that my IMEI wasn't in the unlocking database for some reason. So I went back to Rogers and did an exchange. BlackberryCodeSource had no problems unlocking the new device.
    02-13-13 09:00 AM
    I tried blackberrycodesource, an ebay seller and now just submitted my order to crackberryunlocking...fingers crossed
    02-13-13 10:23 PM
    Same problem. Nobody has been able to unlock the z10 I purchased from Wireless Etc. In Costco. Does anyone have a solution?
    02-14-13 04:10 AM
    Same problem here.. Koodo Z10 tried 2 different unlocking companies who brought up the same code.. I'm now down to 3 attempts left .. Tried the first 8, the last 8 and the whole 16 ....... I think its time to swap the phone .... Crackberry store does not show Telus/Koodo as an option
    02-14-13 08:39 AM
    Ok crackberry unlocking wasn't able to get the code so I had to call Rogers to get it. They didn't have it either so they had to get it from BBRY!

8 digit code took a few hrs to get, for the record, but now I'm unlocked!

02-14-13 03:08 PM
    Ok crackberry unlocking wasn't able to get the code so I had to call Rogers to get it. They didn't have it either so they had to get it from BBRY!

8 digit code took a few hrs to get, for the record, but now I'm unlocked!

Did you buy the device outright? if not..how did you get rogers to unlock it? did you pay off for the phone and the the extra $50 is what i'm asking
    02-14-13 04:22 PM
    Did you buy the device outright? if not..how did you get rogers to unlock it? did you pay off for the phone and the the extra $50 is what i'm asking

If you upgraded and then pay off your Flex Tab you can then pay 50.00 to have it unlocked and thats if you been a customer for 3 yrs or more, but that will change come march this year to 90 days after being a customer.

You can pay off your flex tab at anytime now, but the unlocking you have to wait till contract is up, but again that will change come march this year 2013
    Cap_172R likes this.
    02-14-13 04:26 PM
    If you upgraded and then pay off your Flex Tab you can then pay 50.00 to have it unlocked and thats if you been a customer for 3 yrs or more, but that will change come march this year to 90 days after being a customer.

You can pay off your flex tab at anytime now, but the unlocking you have to wait till contract is up, but again that will change come march this year 2013
    got the similar story from Rogers earlier... was wondering if anyone successfully obtained a code without the need for all that. I travel in and out and its much easier to purchase a local sim...
    02-14-13 04:34 PM
    yep, it cost me $50, so not that much more than what unlockers are currently charging

hopefully, they'll forget to bill me
    02-14-13 05:37 PM
44 12