Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. RHDJEEZY's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Ringtone / Notifiers showing up as "Music"

    I recently downloaded all the old BB7 ringtones & notifiers.
    I put them all in my SD card under "ringtones"
    my "music" folder in my SD card is filled with music.
    None of the ringtones/notifiers are in the "music" folder on my SD card.
    However when I open the "music app" on my Z10, it's showing up as music.
    So... "shuffle songs" will play random songs from my music, and once & a while it will play BB7 ringtones & notifiers.
    Kind of annoying, I've tried everything to get it out of there. nothing is working.
  2. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,843 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #2  

    Default Ringtone / Notifiers showing up as "Music"

    That stinks! Should be fixed in a future update but for now that just stinks. Have you tried using a 3rd party app to play your music and see if it can tell the difference between a ringtone and song?

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  3. RHDJEEZY's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    That stinks! Should be fixed in a future update but for now that just stinks. Have you tried using a 3rd party app to play your music and see if it can tell the difference between a ringtone and song?

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    No i haven't
    I like using the BlackBerry Music App.
    It looks nice, and I love it.
    I will deal with this problem, not a big deal.
    Just thought someone knew a quick fix.
    No biggie. Phone is awesome.
  4. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,843 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #4  

    Default Ringtone / Notifiers showing up as "Music"

    Someone very well may have a fix. I don't own a Z10 so I couldn't help you troubleshoot if I wanted....hmmm now that I think of it you could try moving the ringtones to the Android/ringtones folder. Maybe that will work?

    Anyway good luck hopefully someone here can chime in with a fix.

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  5. RDZONE99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    195 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I have the same issue too.

    Just have to deal with it until an update is in place.

    Posted via CB10
  6. tubbyandtattooed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    127 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Same issue for me but as they are all in one file it does not affect album view too much i just ignore the album lol
  7. blanb42's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Load your ringtones into the "Music" folder on your sdcard. To activate the ringtones on BBM, text, Phone, messages etc, go to "notifications" icon, select a notification alert like BBM, then click on "tone", a dropdown menu appears, click on "Browse Music...." and this will bring you to your sdcard files. Select the "Music" file and then select your ringtone.
  8. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Yeah just create a playlist of your music and don't his the + sign for the ringtones thats wht i had to do too.

    The phone looks for all music files thats why they get listed.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    pmccartney likes this.
  9. pmccartney's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,028 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    K Floyd
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    Yeah just create a playlist of your music and don't his the + sign for the ringtones thats wht i had to do too.

    The phone looks for all music files thats why they get listed.
    This is what did too. Quick and easy (hopefully temporary) workaround.

    Posted via CB10
    Z30
  10. pmccartney's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,028 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    K Floyd
    #10  

    Default

    bump...did anyone find a proper solution.
    Is there a specific folder we should save custom ringtones in? A folder that the BB Music app wouldn't find them?
    Z30
  11. super chief's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    This issue should be addressed and fixed, considering the price one pays for the phone. Kinda like the useless black berry bridge. The lack of having the option to place ringtones in a separate folder creates more work for the end user. Guess one can say the smart phone is only as smart as the persons who makes it.
  12. nstrevor's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super chief View Post
    This issue should be addressed and fixed, considering the price one pays for the phone. Kinda like the useless black berry bridge. The lack of having the option to place ringtones in a separate folder creates more work for the end user. Guess one can say the smart phone is only as smart as the persons who makes it.
    You can put your tones in the cloud like box for instance, or put them in the voice folder point your notifications to the new path and they won't show up in you music library.
  13. meierjn's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    133 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I see the same issue as well. When I connect to my vehicle via Bluetooth the music app automatically opens wanting to play my ringtones. I've become used to the behavior now that I understand what is happening.
  14. dgary8's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Has anyone figured out how to keep the ringtones out of the music library. I've loaded about 1000 songs and 200 ringtones. the time to make a playlist without ringtones is not easy to come by. there has to be a folder that the music app doesn't look in for music.
    please give me some advice....
  15. CatScan29's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I would really like my 9810 ring tones and alerts back...internal ones too please....

    Posted via CB10
  16. Core_Frequency's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    305 Posts
    PIN
    no
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgary8 View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to keep the ringtones out of the music library. I've loaded about 1000 songs and 200 ringtones. the time to make a playlist without ringtones is not easy to come by. there has to be a folder that the music app doesn't look in for music.
    please give me some advice....
    Put them in your voice folder. They won't show up there.
  17. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,473 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,475 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanb42 View Post
    Load your ringtones into the "Music" folder on your sdcard. To activate the ringtones on BBM, text, Phone, messages etc, go to "notifications" icon, select a notification alert like BBM, then click on "tone", a dropdown menu appears, click on "Browse Music...." and this will bring you to your sdcard files. Select the "Music" file and then select your ringtone.
    While true that is not really the issue the OP is having.
  18. HedoBum's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    765 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    My ringtones don't show in my music library.
    I did much the same and put my ringtones on my SD in a folder called Ringtones but that folder is in the BlackBerry folder (Z:\BlackBerry\Ringtones).
    I don't know if this makes a difference but my ringtones don't show or play in a shuffle.

    Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    "My Z10 doesn't need apps to be awesome...my Z10 was awesome right out of the box"
  19. der_mit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    900 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Just put your ring tones in a folder.
    Right click the ring tones and in properties change the album name and the genre to ringtones.
    The ringtones will then be separate from your other music and will only play when you select them.

    There is nothing wrong with the music player. This is put in to make the music player better.
    Once you learn about music tags you will see how great it works on the Z10

    Posted via CB10
  20. Smartie020's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    801 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    They don't show up in the voice folder. Try it.

    Posted via CB10
  21. HedoBum's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    765 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by der_mit View Post
    Just put your ring tones in a folder.
    Right click the ring tones and in properties change the album name and the genre to ringtones.
    The ringtones will then be separate from your other music and will only play when you select them.

    There is nothing wrong with the music player. This is put in to make the music player better.
    Once you learn about music tags you will see how great it works on the Z10

    Posted via CB10
    How do you right-click on a Z10?
    There is no option for changing the album name and genre. The only options are to change the name of the ringtone. The folder properties also doesn't give you this option.

    You do realize we're talking about a Z10 issue, don't you?
    Ringtone / Notifiers showing up as "Music"-img_00000482.png

    Ringtone / Notifiers showing up as "Music"-img_00000481.png

    Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    "My Z10 doesn't need apps to be awesome...my Z10 was awesome right out of the box"
  22. der_mit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    900 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Yes of course, you plug the Z10 in to a computer.
    Then manipulate the properties.

    Posted via CB10
  23. HedoBum's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    765 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by der_mit View Post
    Yes of course, you plug the Z10 in to a computer.
    Then manipulate the properties.

    Posted via CB10

    Ah...you didn't mention plugging into a computer and adjusting settings from the computer side. I didn't know it was even possible to adjust folder properties on the phone from a connected computer.

    Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    "My Z10 doesn't need apps to be awesome...my Z10 was awesome right out of the box"
  24. der_mit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    900 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Yeah. It's pretty neat, you can also adjust the album art within the folder just put a jpg pic in the folder and name the pic "Folder" the pic will become the album art for that folder.
    You can do that for each folder of music.

    Posted via CB10
  25. tangyboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I created a folder inside "misc" called "Ringtones" with my custom Ringtones in there. I am not using an sd card... works a treat. If I now select "Browse Music..." I can just tap the "misc" folder then tap "Ringtones". :-)
    Everything you can imagine... is real ~ Pablo Picasso
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Music tags not read (show up as "Unknown")
    By therealjoeblow in forum PlayBook Android App Sideloading
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  2. music titles show up as wierd symbols
    By Teodor2794 in forum BlackBerry Curve 3G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 01:52 AM
  3. Videos showing up as music files.
    By neondeception in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 06:46 AM
  4. Music showing up as Letters?
    By courtsue09 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
  5. Mp3 RingTones Wont Show up as Ringtones
    By uniqueinvestor in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions