It simplifies the process and is just one of the uses for NFC, so it is clearly not a bad thing even if you are able to do the same thing in other ways, using similar logic we would still have to create a dial-up session on our phone just to go and get our email since it still works too.
    I totally get that its an improvement on how things are, but it still doesn't make me go 'Oh I HAVE to get that device now'. Yes, its cool. Yes, its useful. But it's not exciting.
    11-27-12 09:21 PM
    I think the screen sharing is for video chat. So if your video chatting with someone and want to show them a picture or a website or a text/email, etc. you can. It would also be valuable for video conferencing.You could show slides in a meeting without physically being in the meeting.
    11-27-12 10:12 PM
    How do you know, Bla1ze? What have you seen?
    If BB10 consists only of the things they've demoed -- a new UI, cool camera app, new keyboard, updated browser, and unique alarm clock -- RIM will be laughed at, and they know it. That's how you know that they're holding a lot of stuff back.
    Just as an example -- if you looked at the iPhone's home screen, camera, keyboard, browser, and alarm clock, you still wouldn't have anywhere close to a complete picture of the phone's capabilities. So far I love everything I've seen from BB10. But I know I haven't seen everything. I think the rest of the experience -- the stuff we haven't seen, which we'll see at the unveiling, will make the difference between this being a solid phone meant for a small market segment or a great, market leading phone with broad appeal.
    donmateo likes this.
    11-27-12 11:15 PM
    WP is fast, but my problem is that there are no FOLDERS! How can I sort my applications if there's a ton of stuff? The Cascades and BB Flow UX beats WP hands down. WP just has really nice flipping animation...but that's kinda it.
    11-28-12 01:17 AM
    I'm still under the impression that they can reveal tons of new features and if there is no word on support for at least some of the popular apps then the features really won't mean much. . .If they reveal support for skype, netflix, instagram, kindle, pandora, all with BBM integration. . .then show off Cinnamon Toast, Screen Sharing, Video/photo Editing, Video calling, Then I (and the market I feel) will be quite satisfied. . .oh. . .and some BB10 on Playbook action would be a nice bonus. . .LOL
    11-28-12 06:18 PM
    NDA applies here I think.
    His NDA is so rock solid that it even has a clause where he has to deny its existence every time it's brought up
    kbz1960 and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-28-12 06:52 PM
    11-28-12 08:16 PM
    If you been on CB or any BB forum with BB10 news you cant be that surprised as you get inside scoop exclusives.

If there's more hidden stuff great I would like no leaks thank you.If there is no more hidden stuff but smartphone features its cool Its win win allround we will get a quality phone.
    11-29-12 08:13 PM
    If BB10 consists only of the things they've demoed -- a new UI, cool camera app, new keyboard, updated browser, and unique alarm clock -- RIM will be laughed at, and they know it. That's how you know that they're holding a lot of stuff back.
    Just as an example -- if you looked at the iPhone's home screen, camera, keyboard, browser, and alarm clock, you still wouldn't have anywhere close to a complete picture of the phone's capabilities. So far I love everything I've seen from BB10. But I know I haven't seen everything. I think the rest of the experience -- the stuff we haven't seen, which we'll see at the unveiling, will make the difference between this being a solid phone meant for a small market segment or a great, market leading phone with broad appeal.
    I don't think your quite right, but I agree with the overall point.

I've always felt that many many features of modern smartphones are functionally useless but are included because reviewers need to constantly demand 'new' things to squeel about, and to convince people that they need to upgrade their phone even when they don't. The core of a phones functionality is the UI, the keyboard, the browser and how it handles messaging. Most of a phones capabilities outside of those aspects is determined by apps not by the developers. In many cases new 'features' for a phone were available on that platform years earlier just in an app not baked in. I remember using Vlingo years ago to search stuff with voice, and then using the microphone button on my google widget to search the web with voice on android, and yet Siri is still apparently new and exciting. 'New' features never are. Most of them aren't even useful.

Buuuut I do agree that RIM should be seeking to really explode out of the gate with BB10. It doesn't matter if I or anyone else thinks that whatever features of iOS or android are dumb. It's incredibly important that the press doesn't have excuses to say that BB10 doesn't lack features, even if we know those features would never get used. Annoyingly enough, perceptions are more important than reality and if we want BB10 to be a success we just have to accept that RIM is competing in a marketplace where the dominant consumer-type is 'Tech-illiterate Idiots' and those guys really will buy stuff on the strength of a feature they will never use.
    redk likes this.
    11-30-12 09:46 AM
    I'm still under the impression that they can reveal tons of new features and if there is no word on support for at least some of the popular apps then the features really won't mean much. . .If they reveal support for skype, netflix, instagram, kindle, pandora, all with BBM integration. . .then show off Cinnamon Toast, Screen Sharing, Video/photo Editing, Video calling, Then I (and the market I feel) will be quite satisfied. . .oh. . .and some BB10 on Playbook action would be a nice bonus. . .LOL
    RIM has stated numerous times that they will be launching BB10 with the top like 200 applications on all other OS'. That being said, instagram and those big named apps will be there at launch...obviously there is question over skype and netflix...i believe netflix will be there forsure...but skype is a toss up...

With what you said though, the major applications anyone would want will be there on launch
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-05-12 12:10 PM
    In some ways they already have one with stuff like bb protect or the way bbid is changing, but if you are talking about the x amount of gig storage side of cloud services, I would actually prefer them to take another approach to things and work hard to integrate support for as many of the established players such as dropbox, box, skydrive and google drive as they can because the biggest benefits to that stuff comes from being able to readily synch between all your devices and not being locked off to just one type.
    That is the best idea for the new platform. Imagine if our new BB10 phones could automatically integrate these cloud services into their os. This way, you could save any file from anywhere on the device to the cloud (integration is the symbol of BB10). Also, they should heavily promote the amazon instant video (maybe a pre-installed native app). While netlfix doesn't work on BB10 (most likely no app for us), amazon instant does (browser supports flash). If they leverage this availability, people will A) understand that they can watch movies on their phones (and YES, this DOES matter to most people-especially potential converts of ios or android) and B) it will make it seem like it has more big-name support.
    12-05-12 11:12 PM
    I dunno what people haven't caught onto yet. I've said it many, many times. RIM has not shown off the full OS yet, what we've seen.. is very little in comparison to what they have lol.
    You are right Bla1ze, RIM keeps so many BB10 powers down below right now. And we all can see it when Jan 30, 2013.
    12-06-12 09:41 AM
    RIM has stated numerous times that they will be launching BB10 with the top like 200 applications on all other OS'. That being said, instagram and those big named apps will be there at launch...obviously there is question over skype and netflix...i believe netflix will be there forsure...but skype is a toss up...

With what you said though, the major applications anyone would want will be there on launch
    they said the top 200 apps for regions. not other os. that is completely different. if they were only talking about bb apps then that still no skype and the like.

not that i'm bothered, but dint want people assuming the wrong thing here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 10:10 AM
    I dunno what people haven't caught onto yet. I've said it many, many times. RIM has not shown off the full OS yet, what we've seen.. is very little in comparison to what they have lol.
    It is kind of amusing, the dev devices have been purposely crippled and are not optimized. The L series are MUCH nicer (though I still need to run the sunspider test to see if that has changed any on the recent builds).
    Toodeurep, kbz1960 and spike12 like this.
    12-06-12 10:17 AM
    they said the top 200 apps for regions. not other os. that is completely different. if they were only talking about bb apps then that still no skype and the like.

not that i'm bothered, but dint want people assuming the wrong thing here.

Let's see, is there a region where skype is in the top 200?
    anon(3896606) and BB_Bmore like this.
    12-06-12 10:39 AM
    Let's see, is there a region where skype, netflix, and instagram is in the top 200?
    Thought I would add something up there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-06-12 10:46 AM
    All I can say is I am really pumped! I recently bought an iPhone 5, but can't wait for the 10's to come out. I so look forward to switching devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that, I'm looking forward to switching back as well.
    12-07-12 03:52 PM
    Let's see, is there a region where skype is in the top 200?
    again you're assuming other os here
    ask yourself is there a region where skype is in the top 200 for existing bb os and you'd be closer to the point i'm trying to make.

i'm not saying i'm definitely right. just pointing out that they actually havent made any promises in regards to apps on other os.
    until someone from rim actually says something outright, i'm assuming they mean current os apps and i will not get caught up in ythe hype machine.
    i'd rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised then wrong and bitterly disappointed

12-14-12 02:25 AM
    i'm not saying i'm definitely right. just pointing out that they actually havent made any promises in regards to apps on other os.
    until someone from rim actually says something outright, i'm assuming they mean current os apps and i will not get caught up in ythe hype machine.
    i'd rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised then wrong and bitterly disappointed
    While your attitude to not get overhyped is a sensible and rare one on this site, I think that them stating things like top 200 and meaning top 200 bbos apps would cause them immeasurable harm because we all know that it is not the apps on the current bb's that they will be compared to, so here's hoping you will be pleasantly surprised.
    12-14-12 02:32 AM
    quad core, 1080p, with a 2000+mA battery...???
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-14-12 09:51 AM
    again you're assuming other os here
    ask yourself is there a region where skype is in the top 200 for existing bb os and you'd be closer to the point i'm trying to make.

That is my biggest fear. Everyone is using their imagination to come up with what it might be and no matter how good the surprises are they won't be all the things folks have dreamed up and will leave a lot of folks disappointed.

We need to all be realistic and accept the fact now that we won't get everything on our wish list. It will avoid feeling let down on the 30th.
    12-14-12 09:57 AM
    quad core, 1080p, with a 2000+mA battery...???
    No chance, No chance and almost no chance.
    12-14-12 11:16 AM
    No chance, No chance and almost no chance.
    Call it New York One. The prototype is already exist. The question is where we can get the leaked?

The spec is almost everyone dream for the killer.
    eyhab27 likes this.
    12-14-12 11:41 AM
    Call it New York One. The prototype is already exist. The question is where we can get the leaked?

The spec is almost everyone dream for the killer.
    tell us what you know!!
    12-14-12 12:21 PM
    tell us what you know!!
    See my posts. I already told about NY1 for several times.
    12-14-12 12:31 PM
103 12345