Exciting to know RIM WILL HAVE a few surprises up their sleeves for launch day!

They are having a Poll:
    Be Bold and Vote: What�s Your Reason to Believe in BlackBerry 10?
    Be Bold and Vote: What

Can't wait!!
    Ian B
    11-21-12 01:23 PM
    They need an "All of the above" option
    11-21-12 01:43 PM
    They are check-boxes so you could pick all of them if you want.
    ibpluto and EsJayDee like this.
    11-21-12 01:46 PM
    Between this and TH's engadget interview answer regarding what would be revealed on the 30th, I think I'll now be surprised if we don't get major suprises revealed.
    11-21-12 01:49 PM
    They are going to unveil other OS features not previously shown. Can't wait!
    RocPlayr likes this.
    11-21-12 01:52 PM
    We already have an idea of what some of the surprises could be...hopefully this doesnt spoil the surprise for anyone here...but,

1) Cinnamon Toast = Lockscreen notification system
    2) Screen Sharing between two phones!
    3) JayCut acquisition = Video Editor
    4) Photo Editing = Instagram competitive, filters, boarders, etc. all in native photo app
    5) Video calling features - fairly well known but not officially announced nor shown off in demos!

This is one I would Love and HOPE they include!!

Intense integration throughout the phone...photos taken on phone can be shared to BBM "Profile"...allowing BBM users you have to view your profile and under profile can view all photos you share over BBM, also short video clips (time limited), files...etc.

This last feature MUST be included to stand out from apps like Whatsapp and make iMessage look like junk!! BBM is their king and they must include more!
    visceralberry likes this.
    11-21-12 01:56 PM
    If I were a guessing man, my Guess is we get a Siri like feature.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    11-21-12 02:01 PM
    They better have new reveals or we might have an in-house revolt on January 30.
    mikebest and mooiben like this.
    11-21-12 02:13 PM
    Interesting poll. As of the time of my post, "Surprise Reveals" is barely ahead of "Flow".

@mphillips828 -- what would be the use of screen sharing between two phones? I'm not being a smartarse, but hadn't heard anything about that and off-hand can't think of when it would be used? Showing photos, maybe? Is the assumption that it would be similar to the "Open On" feature with a PlayBook?
    11-21-12 02:21 PM
    Interesting poll. As of the time of my post, "Surprise Reveals" is barely ahead of "Flow".

@mphillips828 -- what would be the use of screen sharing between two phones? I'm not being a smartarse, but hadn't heard anything about that and off-hand can't think of when it would be used? Showing photos, maybe? Is the assumption that it would be similar to the "Open On" feature with a PlayBook?
    Well the Galaxy SIII has the S Beam or L beam whatever it's called to share videos or photos when putting two phones up against each other. Maybe he meant That kind of Screen Sharing but BlackBerry's way...idk.
    11-21-12 04:38 PM
    i am so excited i need to pee, and the apple juice certainly isn't helping
    fabio984 likes this.
    11-21-12 04:41 PM
    I wouln't be surprised if there is a surprise in the form of a larger tablet or some unheard of device. Just a nagging feeling.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 05:25 PM
    Well the Galaxy SIII has the S Beam or L beam whatever it's called to share videos or photos when putting two phones up against each other. Maybe he meant That kind of Screen Sharing but BlackBerry's way...idk.
    I think for them to use a term like screen sharing it would have to mean something more than the blackberry tag stuff, it would seem to imply something more along the lines of rdc or webex.
    11-21-12 07:44 PM
    I wouln't be surprised if there is a surprise in the form of a larger tablet or some unheard of device. Just a nagging feeling.
    I think it is quite likely that we can rule out new hardware surprises, they are not launching both touch and qwerty models right away so they would not divert dev resources to something like a new tablet that they simply wouldn't expect to sell at the same level as the qwerty bb10.
    11-21-12 07:47 PM
    I know that RIM has a Cascades built picture app that is very powerful/amazing from what I was told.

As far as what I think. I think we could possibly see BlackBerry10 tablet OS on another OEM's hardware.<< This is my wtf!? Wow!? Surprise.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    antiRIM, elmit22 and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-21-12 08:24 PM
    I think t heins said "devices" right? then he made no attempt to backtrack.

so my money is on either:

the qwerty model early... or a new larger blackberry 10 playbook with new hardware. I doubt the playbook though. but devices of course means hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    11-21-12 10:24 PM
    I think the screen sharing feature might be the feature that they had showcased at one of their events last year I think. Does anyone else remember this?? I don't remember which event it was but it was before they started showing BB10 OS at their events. They'd shown how they could easily swipe to share pics (perhaps documents as well??) between 2 playbooks.All those guys did was swipe the picture through the screen of one playbook and it transfered to the other PB at the table.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    11-21-12 10:54 PM

Screen sharing could be useful for viewing a document, website or app perhaps..in business it can be useful if u hook the phone up to the TV maybe and share something with those looking on while on ur mobile..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 11:01 PM
    I think t heins said "devices" right? then he made no attempt to backtrack.

so my money is on either:

the qwerty model early... or a new larger blackberry 10 playbook with new hardware. I doubt the playbook though. but devices of course means hardware.
    They could unveil the N-series at that event with it still coming out some time after the release of the L-series and that is the most likely reason for there to be a mention of devices rather than a new playbook.
    11-22-12 06:12 AM
    All I can say is I am really pumped! I recently bought an iPhone 5, but can't wait for the 10's to come out. I so look forward to switching devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    EsJayDee likes this.
    11-22-12 09:33 AM
    S Beam is transferring files from one device to the other via NFC or Wi-Fi. As for screen sharing, it would be more like the one seen in MS Lync, you can share your screen with someone or something. I wonder if they allow controlling the other device while sharing.
    11-22-12 09:40 AM
    If I were a guessing man, my Guess is we get a Siri like feature.
    Its already confirmed in screen shots online.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    11-22-12 03:49 PM
    My guess is they will release some hardware that compliments the phone and ecosystem (BlackBerry TV).
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    11-22-12 04:50 PM
    It's hard to guess at what would actually count as a surprise at this point, since we already know the core features that covers most if not all of the important bases for a mobile OS.

My guess (which is perhaps a bit too optimistic, but still) would be full integration of skype and google voice (and any others, but those are the really big ones) into the OS. Messages just appear in your message hub, calls ring your phone same as a normal call. To call a persons on skype or google voice, you hit their contact, then 'call on skype' and off you go. Baking any, or ideally all, IM services into the OS would make BB10 incredibly powerful - totally transparent to the user, but suddenly you are spanning a dozen or more services, all your contacts all the time, if you want to, you can set it so there's no need to go and sign in specifically, you are just there. Could even set specific accounts to be signed in when you have it set to 'work' and 'play', cuz why not.

Like I say, probably too optimistic. But would be great. The technology is there in BIS and this would be a seriously powerful way to leverage that in a way that gives BB10 a huge advantage. Berries are communications tools, so why not have them be the absolute last word in mobile communications ?
    00stryder and Acumenight like this.
    11-22-12 05:20 PM
    My guess is they will release some hardware that compliments the phone and ecosystem (BlackBerry TV).
    i would actually really like that
    do i absolutely need it? no, but i kinda want it O.o

already have an Apple TV, and with my MBP together it works great (Airplay Mirroring <3)
    would definitely buy a BlackBerry TV-box. BB 10 + BlackBerry TV <3
    11-22-12 05:31 PM
103 123 ...