I'm having a few problems with the 2.1.1 leak so was wondering when the official update comes out, will reverting to an older OS before downloading completely remove traces of the leak I'm on now so that when I official update I start from fresh?

If so, does it keep my data or does it wipe it clean.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:27 AM
    It depends how you revert to an older OS.

A downgrade or upgrade (through an autoloader or sachesi or carrier) may not necessarily remove traces of the leak, it may just replace/delete the appropriate files.

Not all files are replaced through different versions, whether official or leaks.

An upgrade through your carrier or sachesi will keep your data.

One way to definitively "remove traces" of the leak and start from "fresh" is to do a factory reset but you will then lose your data unless you've done a backup.
    01-19-14 05:53 AM
    Also to note, a backup made with a 10.2.1.xxxx leak, will not work on any 10.0.2.xxxx leak or official OS. If i remember correctly, they changed around where some databases were, and backups caused all sorts of issues when reverting, or just didn't work at all.

A security wipe is the only way to completely "clear up" any left over bits from previous OS's. Something else to think about, if your having issues, a backup put back on the device, might also cause these issues to arise on the "official" OS. Best way to upgrade(although very destructive), is to security wipe > load OS > start from scratch.
    redchilli88 likes this.
    01-19-14 05:58 AM
    I'm not too worried about my data apart from app data which is the only thing I'll restore. I was going to use Link.

So the best way is to just load an old OS, security wipe then update to the official update?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 06:30 AM
    No need to revert to the older OS. An extra step that's not needed. Just security wipe and load the new OS. If its the same number as your carriers official OS, its exactly the same as the leak, and you won't get a notice to update.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-14 06:34 AM
    But if I'm having problems with the OS wouldn't the files or whatever that are the problem stay on my phone but just become fresh?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 06:39 AM
    When I restore an older os from a leak I start from cero, because the link backup would says that your backup can be use on a lower os, pass from 2.1 to 2

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:07 AM