I remember getting a BlackBerry Curve 8330 about 4 or 5 years ago and I felt so cool. That was when BlackBerries had the cool factor (I was in high school) and BBM was THE social platform everyone was on. Fast forward to 2013. I buy a Q10 and I have 3 BBM contacts after a couple of days. This was just an introduction to my love-hate relationship with BB10.

I got a Q10 because I am a smartphone lover and I have to at least try out almost every phone ecosystem. In this year alone I've had the Samsung Galaxy s2x, HTC ONE, iPhone 4, Q10 and now the Note 2. I loved the Q10. Those keyboard shortcuts, the browser reader more, the led that actually works, custom profiles, THE HUB, the fluidity. The phone felt like something new and I even competed with my mom who has the S3 by beating her at completing simple tasks like opening the browser, texting, making a note etc. The reason I left, the screen was just too small for my liking, email didn't fit to screen, and I had a small feeling like I had to do so much to get apps that are already on other platforms (this was not a major issue to me as I am not really an app guy and bb10 has all my banking apps), and no headless apps.

I've missed having my old Q10 a lot..I missed the custom profiles and the hub. I miss damn near everything except the screen. It is just not doable for me. I am returning to the BlackBerry world within this week (maybe even tomorrow). But this time around I am looking at the Z10. I am looking forward to the screen size and the keyboard. Will I end up hating it and returning to another phone? Maybe. Will my manager make fun of me? Absolutely! But one thing is for certain, I have never wanted to switch to a phone I've already had ever. And I guess that is a sign that BB has done something right! I visit CB every day and post from time to time so I know what this community is all about (actually it has been kind of confusing lately). Anyway, I'd like to hear from you guys, Am I crazy for switching back? Do you guys love your Z10S? Should I suck it up and go back to the Q10 (since I love physical keyboards)? Has anyone else ditched and returned? Anything to look out for ? I want to hear everything.
    laketrout73, Sexy Sadie and joe_23 like this.
    09-13-13 03:53 PM
    I'd hold put for the Z30. I love my Z10, but you'll hate the battery life like the rest of us. So, Z30 all the way.

Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS. Subscribe to Channel: C00121BDD
    09-13-13 03:57 PM
    I'd hold put for the Z30. I love my Z10, but you'll hate the battery life like the rest of us. So, Z30 all the way.

"Like the rest of us"? Speaking for myself, I've had my Z10 since Feb 6th and have never had battery issues. I'm a heavy user and my battery easy lasts all day, I change my phone overnight.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    09-13-13 04:00 PM
    Wait for the Z30 (or whatever it will be called) if you can afford the "launch" price. For sure you get sufficient screen real estate.
    WELCOME BACK.
    09-13-13 04:01 PM
    Well, with such arbitrary terms as "heavy user" that has no true measurement, then if you're a heavy user, I must be a very heavy user. I generally take it off the charger every day at 9, and have to put it back on around 7 or 8 at night.

09-13-13 04:02 PM
    I would go for the Z30 but honestly there is no release date and I have no clue as to how long this wait would be. Battery is something important to me but I can use a charger most times. I will probably have access to plugs at school even though its annoying I can sacrifice that. 7 or 8 sounds pretty subpar since My Note can last a day and a half.
    09-13-13 04:33 PM
    I play games on my Z10 all the time(text and BBM all day). It lasts a good 7-8 hours. You could also get a replaceable battery. But yeah, the Z10 is amazing

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-13-13 05:31 PM

Idk about you but I haven't had any problems or hatred towards my phone battery life

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 05:44 PM
    "Like the rest of us"? Speaking for myself, I've had my Z10 since Feb 6th and have never had battery issues. I'm a heavy user and my battery easy lasts all day, I change my phone overnight.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    Received mine on Launch day, had battery issues until the first update, been testing almost all the leaks so far and the Battery has been Excellent!
    09-13-13 05:51 PM

If you say "the rest of us" you should READ the other posts first. WE (3 of us) have Z10's. ALL 3 get all day and half the next day on our batteries. 2 are stock os and mine runs all the latest leaks. Couldn't do that on any one of our DIFFERENT androids...(Evo3d, Nexus S, HTC Sensation) ... enough said.

Trusted Member
    09-13-13 06:32 PM
    If you turn off the lte, you'll find that the battery life lasts a lot longer.

Also installing a 10.2 leak helps a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:55 PM
    The only thing I regret regarding my Z10; is that I did not get it in white.
    shief24 and BryanVilla like this.
    09-13-13 07:00 PM
    AT&T, wish I could toggle LTE! Especially when I'm traveling or onsite where there is none available (industrial sales, petrochemical sites in Louisiana). That's my only battery issue, otherwise acceptable, with spare battery pack always with me.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:06 PM
    Get the Z10, Z10, Z10...
    Load 10.2, 10.2, 10.2...
    Battery is great, great, great...
    Keyboard tops, tops, tops...

#IchooseBlackBerry10 #ZedTen #CB10 Channel C00123045
    bradu1 and Carjackd like this.
    09-13-13 07:17 PM
    AT&T, wish I could toggle LTE! Especially when I'm traveling or onsite where there is none available (industrial sales, petrochemical sites in Louisiana). That's my only battery issue, otherwise acceptable, with spare battery pack always with me.

Posted via CB10
    What time would you say your battery dies on an average day? I had the Q10 which didn't really die on me. Which pack do you recommend? or is it easier to do a battery swap out ?
    09-13-13 07:17 PM
    I had the Z and would take it off charge at 8am. Battery would be fully dead by 8 or 9pm. Thats with LTE off because TELUS has weak LTE in vancouver.

Now I have the Q, switched for the keyboard and unreal battery. Takes me back to the old BlackBerry days. I take it off the charger at 8am and it literally runs over 24hrs. I charge at night typically with 20%. I am a heavy msger and browser.

The small screen bothers me too but its worth it. Especially with 10.2 and the new keyboard shortcuts being introduced. Z keyboard is the best virtual kb ever made but lacks keyboard shortcuts. Try the Z and if you don't like it you could always go back to the Q.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Complicated but it can be done. You need to access the escreens menu and go from there. I did it on my Z10 when I knew I wasn't going to be around a charger for a while. I dropped the phone down to 3G only when I was in Atlantic City

Sent via Z10 on Verizon running a .1047 hybrid thru CB10. My channel: c0004f9bb
    09-13-13 07:46 PM
    The small screen bothers me too but its worth it. Especially with 10.2 and the new keyboard shortcuts being introduced. Z keyboard is the best virtual kb ever made but lacks keyboard shortcuts. Try the Z and if you don't like it you could always go back to the Q.

Posted via CB10

Hey what do you mean by new shortcuts? I loved the fact that I can just type SMS MOM and it'll bring me to that chat section.
    09-13-13 07:57 PM
    What time would you say your battery dies on an average day? I had the Q10 which didn't really die on me. Which pack do you recommend? or is it easier to do a battery swap out ?
    Off charger 6 to 7am. Heavy emails/calls, a few BBM / texts, lots of Internet (online CRM), misc use of streaming radio when out of talk radio range/too much interference, handful of pics. Biggest problem is areas w/o LTE or weak signals (along Mississippi River levee/roads, inside large facilities. Usually leave the phone in car dock while driving but can't always. Maybe to 30% by late afternoon if not plugged in along the way.

BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle is all I need. Either quick swap out or just connect up for a top off.

Likely will add a Wilson Sleek AT&T / LTE dock for an antennae boost, comes with in car and home/office kit.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:03 PM
    Complicated but it can be done. You need to access the escreens menu and go from there. I did it on my Z10 when I knew I wasn't going to be around a charger for a while. I dropped the phone down to 3G only when I was in Atlantic City

Yeah, I know that route. I need a quick settings toggle. Hoping when OS catches up and allows headless, ShortCutMe can be used for a macro to make it a toggle.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:07 PM
    Yeah, I know that route. I need a quick settings toggle. Hoping when OS catches up and allows headless, ShortCutMe can be used for a macro to make it a toggle.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you on that. Going through network settings, it looks like the options are able to be enabled, but are locked down by carriers.

09-13-13 08:18 PM
    The only thing I regret regarding my Z10; is that I did not get it in white.
    Do you live in Ottawa? I would love to trade for a black one.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:42 PM
    I love my Z10! It's perfect and I can't leave it alone for a single second.

Posted via CB10
    nevertoofar likes this.
    09-13-13 09:32 PM
    I love my Z10! It's perfect and I can't leave it alone for a single second.

Posted via CB10
    We won't tell Brit that you have another love that you can't keep your hands off of...

09-13-13 09:43 PM
    ? My battery of my sexy z10 last all day and i use it a lot

Posted via CB10
    Gene Ellison likes this.
    09-13-13 09:49 PM
48 12