My Z10 seems to have officially bit the dust. Last week the screen simply went black, never to turn on again(14 months old and no warranty). I have switched to a new S-5. Too bad because I actually quite enjoyed having the Z10. Can anyone give me any insight as to how I might be able to pull my contact list out of Blackberry Link so i can input them into my new phone. I did my first ever back up about a month ago so I would think the contacts would be somewhere in the link on my PC. It doesn`t need to be a phone to computer transfer, I would be happy to get the info on my laptop in a file of even print everything out so I can do it the old fashion way. I only have about 250 contacts. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    06-23-14 04:13 PM
    Any chance you have your contacts synced to a Gmail(r) account?

Just like you, I am trying to see how the new link works and restores selective pieces, hopefully there's something
    Just like old Amber for preOS 10 devices

Wish I could be of more assistance. One of the geniuses of BB10 will be able to help way better than I can [=

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:54 PM
    From what I understand the only way to use a BB Link backup is to load it back onto a BB10 phone. I don't believe there is any other way to retrieve your contacts list. Unless you had it synced with your email account (Gmail, Outlook.com, ActiveSync) or had it synced with your computer through outlook.
    06-23-14 05:25 PM
    Did you try charging it or reloading the OS. That can sometimes work if you remove the battery and plug in the usb cable and open Link. Otherwise you might have problems as I THINK the backup may be encoded. It really is a ZIP file (xxx.bbb) but I don't know if you can get into it.
    06-24-14 01:09 AM