Anyone know why the Z seems to start almost instantaneously after a battery pull vs holding the top button and tapping restart?

Or is it my imagination! It just seems to start right up when putting the battery back in.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:51 PM
    I have yet to do a battery pull in my almost four months of owning the device.

Like shutting my device off overnight when not charging the battery. From pushing the top bottom to restart to full reboot takes about 40 seconds.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    05-29-13 05:59 PM
    Anyone know why the Z seems to start almost instantaneously after a battery pull vs holding the top button and tapping restart?

Or is it my imagination! It just seems to start right up when putting the battery back in.

Posted via CB10
    Using the top button and pressing restart will shut down the phone OS before beginning the reboot, where as taking out the battery is simply chopping it's legs out from under it. This is why the top button reboot takes longer to begin restarting.

I would actually get out of the habit of battery pulling your BB10 device in that manner as there is always a small risk of data being corrupted that way. If you want to do a battery pull, use the top button to shut down the phone first, then pull the battery when it is safely off.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    05-29-13 06:07 PM
    yeah, since the 10.1 the reboot time is faster, 40-45 secs compared to 1 min - 1 min 5' on the 10.0. keep it up BBRY, you don't need to have the phone to boot up in 5-10 secs but the whole process of the OS are still not ready, that's no use.
    05-29-13 06:22 PM
    Nope haven't noticed the difference as I haven't pulled the battery ever. Had the device since Feb. No need to yank the battery

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-29-13 06:23 PM
    I rarely shut down my phone completely and never (almost never) my playbook. When I do a battery pull it is when experiencing an issue. Like today when voice control was always trying to sync contacts. Even after being used several times.

In any event, I shut it down before doing the pull, but when putting the battery back it starts almost instantly.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:26 PM
    Using the top button and pressing restart will shut down the phone OS before beginning the reboot, where as taking out the battery is simply chopping it's legs out from under it. This is why the top button reboot takes longer to begin restarting.

I would actually get out of the habit of battery pulling your BB10 device in that manner as there is always a small risk of data being corrupted that way. If you want to do a battery pull, use the top button to shut down the phone first, then pull the battery when it is safely off.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but that doesn't really hold water. Reboot time is not affected by shutdown time. Shutting off the phone via the power button also causes a slow reboot, even if the phone has been off for hours. There is clearly a large difference between a battery pull bootup and a power button bootup, but I can't explain why either.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    05-29-13 07:28 PM
    Sorry but that doesn't really hold water. Reboot time is not affected by shutdown time. Shutting off the phone via the power button also causes a slow reboot, even if the phone has been off for hours. There is clearly a large difference between a battery pull bootup and a power button bootup, but I can't explain why either.
    Yes it does. When you restart, part of the time is waiting for the OS to shut down, then it can restart. When you pull the battery, you don't have to wait for the OS to shut down, you only have to wait for the OS to restart.

You really don't need to pull the battery anyway, the OS is designed to do a hard reset like a battery pull by simply holding down the top button until it starts to reboot, about ten seconds.
    05-29-13 09:24 PM
    Yes it does. When you restart, part of the time is waiting for the OS to shut down, then it can restart. When you pull the battery, you don't have to wait for the OS to shut down, you only have to wait for the OS to restart.

You really don't need to pull the battery anyway, the OS is designed to do a hard reset like a battery pull by simply holding down the top button until it starts to reboot, about ten seconds.
    What he said.
    05-31-13 06:57 AM