Great phone, great features, pretty face but it is useless if you need compatibility with Microsoft Outlook or if you use a POP type email account (amongst other issues).

Blackberry used to be great since your POP emails would be immediately �pushed� to you device. I remember that I would receive emails on my Torch before they made it into my inbox on Outlook. Now that functionality is gone since BIS (Blackberry internet service) does not work with BB10.

The minimum interval for sync to your email is now 15 minutes unless if you decide to go the manual route (which is frankly not an option). Solution, move to google docs and tell ADPHosting/GoDaddy goodbye or get an email server for my small business (and there goes the email budget�).

A great thing about Blackberry was also that when you upgraded to a newer model, the Blackberry Desktop would make that process seamless. All contacts, photos, ringers, etc. would transfer automatically. Oh if only you could do that when upgrading a computer.

Now, rather than moving forward, we have moved back. Upgrading to a new phone requires various unrelated steps and not all information transfers. For example, photos on the contacts are gone, ringers gone, wallpaper settings gone, sound/notification settings gone, etc.

If you are a business user and update your calendar both in your desktop on the Berry, good luck. You need a Microsoft type online setup. Gone are the days of USB sync. They promise that a new version of BB Link will address this.

Did I mention that BB Desktop is gone? Now must use BB Link.

Since I�m complaining, Blackberry travel does not work anymore but I have not gotten to the bottom of that yet.

All in all, pretty face, cool looking phone but not too smart IMHO. If I wanted an Android, I would have gotten one�.

If this is the new BB it is a big mistake and (whilst I wish BB will never die) these are various nails on the proverbial coffin. I was an early adopter of BlackBerry and of the upgrades as they became available.

I wish I would have read about the pitfalls before plunging in head first.
    Bartleby001 and anon(5828343) like this.
    04-17-13 03:16 PM
    I have two Outlook accounts, 2 Gmail accounts and 2 POP mail accounts on my Verizon Z10. My pop emails have consistently been arriving much quicker than 15 minutes.

Regarding Outlook, what is the mail server your trying to use it with? My Outlook accounts from two different companies sync almost flawlessly on emails, contacts, appointments, etc.

Would love to help you with this.
    04-17-13 03:21 PM
    "I wish I would have read about the pitfalls before plunging in head first"

I'm not a Bussines user but there is a place where you can find informations about everything not shure but i think it was the internet....
    04-17-13 03:23 PM
    I have had only one issue with my email (outlook) account and it turned out to be user error (ME!) I forgot to turn on send emails! LOL!
    Other than that have you been sure to use all proper settings for the emails? Settings can be determined here.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 03:28 PM
    I haven't had any issues with email, I have Gmail and a roadrunner account. Emails come in very quick. What's wrong with BlackBerry Link. I used it to transfer all my settings contacts and pictures that are linked to my contacts without any issue, my previous device was a torch 9800.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:30 PM
    Here we go again........
    04-17-13 03:40 PM
    I had all my contacts associated with Outlook or Gmail accounts move to my BB without me using Link at all so I'm not sure where you had the gap but are your contacts on your SIM card only or are they in your email program
    04-17-13 03:42 PM
    BlackBerry link is just a different name and program then BlackBerry desktop...does the same thing but in a easier More fluid way Imo. Transfering devices was a breeze I was able to get all contacts. Emails text etc from my 9800 to my z10 using BlackBerry link with no problems. Back up

To me most of your issues are with change..most for the better that you cannot or have not gotten use to. I don't have a problem with my email accounts with Gmail and AOL. In fact I do get emails faster on my z10 then my laptop for my AOL accounts which is interesting...like a full 5-10 seconds faster.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:42 PM
    how many of these threads a day do we get???

starting to be redundant on a daily basis of redundancy....

SIGH
    Carmels likes this.
    04-17-13 03:49 PM
    Do a search... is it so hard to do?
    I do not have any issues with my emails at all. I get them immediately.

Also, when you get a new phone, play around with it. You won't hurt it, and it won't bite you. Playing a round with it will allow you to find settings menus, options, and will give you an idea of how things work. No phone will do everything for you without you putting in any effort.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:02 PM
    DJRikko - Where'd you get that boss sword? Very cool
    04-17-13 04:05 PM
    Yes I searched,yes there are a lot of threads; see the trend. There must be a problem if there are a lot of threads on the same subject. All (including this thread) get bloated with useless comments and the subject gets lost. I guess an expression of frustration is not allowed here at Crackberry

Link is a one way street with Outlook (desktop not referring to Outlook online). I used to be able to add appointments or contacts to either the BB or the computer and sync through the USB (see my original post where I indicate that such feature is supposed to be added - found that using the search feature!).

My company's emails are POP and whereas before BIS would immediately "push" now the Z10 has to sporadically "pull" at the predetermined settings.

BB is a tool for me. I don't need music sync, video sync or photo sync (granted those are very nice features). I need a phone, agenda and email so I can connect and run my business.

I hope it gets worked out. Trust me, I'm cheering for Blackberry (especially with my investment in hardware).
    04-17-13 04:34 PM
    BlackBerry link is just a different name and program then BlackBerry desktop...does the same thing but in a easier More fluid way Imo. Transfering devices was a breeze I was able to get all contacts. Emails text etc from my 9800 to my z10 using BlackBerry link with no problems. Back up

To me most of your issues are with change..most for the better that you cannot or have not gotten use to. I don't have a problem with my email accounts with Gmail and AOL. In fact I do get emails faster on my z10 then my laptop for my AOL accounts which is interesting...like a full 5-10 seconds faster.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I find BlackBerry link awful compared to BlackBerry desktop. Just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    04-17-13 04:37 PM
    Yes. These threads should all be forwarded to the department of redundancy department!
    JKeigh likes this.
    04-17-13 04:39 PM
    BB is a tool for me. I need a phone, agenda and email so I can connect and run my business..
    Ok the phone works so check that one off.

Step 2 - Agenda (Calendar)

Step 3 - Email

Please list your each of your account settings that you have on your Z10 in as much detail as possible.
    04-17-13 04:41 PM
    You should return the Z10 and go back to your old one if it's not too late.
    04-17-13 04:41 PM
    the main problem that the Z10 has is the users in most cases. i've set up everything flawlessly with none of your concerns. it is my honest opinion most of the issues on here are educational issues or lack there of.

People don't try. its just easier to come on here and ***** and moan and blame everyone else except for your lack of understanding of the device. Threads like this really grind my gears.
    04-17-13 04:42 PM
    BIS did not push pop emails instantly. It polled every 15 minutes and would push any messages that it found. If it did find an email, it would then poll every 5 minutes for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 04:51 PM
    Ok the phone works so check that one off.

Step 2 - Agenda (Calendar)

Step 3 - Email

Please list your each of your account settings that you have on your Z10 in as much detail as possible.
    Thanks for the offer to help, really appreciated. No worries. I'll go back to my systems guy here. I don't feel like putting more stuff here to further abusive posts from others who automatically assume one has not tried to work out the issues before posting. Basic problem is that my main account on outlook is a POP account thus will not be able to sync contacts/agenda without rearranging all of Outlook (or waiting for the update to link which is my idea) and for the push problem/concern moving to an IMAP supported account.

Truly appreciate your offer to help. Hope you have a nice day! Thanks!!!!!!!
    04-17-13 04:52 PM
    We seem to have a lot of these types of threads. Like ANYTHING new, there will always be features that are new, and some old ones will have been removed, too. This is another reason to research a product before purchasing. Albeit, most carriers now offer a 14-30 day return policy. If you're not happy, you'd simply be out of pocket about $35.

Feel free to review our Blog for video reviews of devices before you purchase...
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-17-13 04:52 PM
    The sync is flawless with my work email on the exchange server, sometimes receiving emails on my Z10 faster than on my outlook

No problems with "Push" email from other accounts
    Could be the settings on your end.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and RTpilot50 like this.
    04-17-13 04:53 PM
    I love lamp!
    R Field, Barljo and HotFix like this.
    04-17-13 04:56 PM
    how many of these threads a day do we get???

starting to be redundant on a daily basis of redundancy....

SIGH
    because is a disgrace of a phone..2012 technology
    04-17-13 05:42 PM
    The sync is flawless with my work email on the exchange server, sometimes receiving emails on my Z10 faster than on my outlook

No problems with "Push" email from other accounts
    Could be the settings on your end.

Posted via CB10
    I wish that I had your luck with Outlook 2010 on exchange : my emails auto delete and I've research hours and hours and tried many settings with the IT at my work without avail. Hotmail. Com works flawless but not outlook 2010 just can't find what is going on

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:44 PM
    so I was right , the bb 10 phones are s h i t )))))))
    04-17-13 05:50 PM
72 123