I have just seen a non owners foolish thread about the Battery life of the new Z 10 here is my reply!

When I came to this site and named myself WHITE 9900 all the chat was about how bad the battery life of the 9900 was but I never experienced this myself and I posted it so only to be told I am the lucky one etc.

I was told the phone will brick the battery is no good bla bla bla well I still have the phone it never bricked and the battery has always been fine.

Now I have the Z 10 (White of course.) got it moments after it was released in London used it all day half the night and some of today it is in charge as we speak for the first time.

When the other fruit launched its 5 version I also got on the day of its release at a breakfast O2 launch, switched it on was almost dead so charged it fully used it moderately and the next morning unlike the Z 10 it needed charging again and the next day again until I sold it for a profit 3 days later as I did not like its dimensions!

Comparing the two I can honestly say in my experience the Blackberry Z 10 is going to be fine on Battery life.

We must remember that these devices are no longer phones they are mobile computing devices and if any of you are old enough to remember the last mobile computor revolution you will agree with me when I say it was the battery not the device that was always the pain in the ***, batteries always seem to to lag behind and that is the way it is!

That all said if you truly rely on any device 24 7 you will have additional power suppliers otherwise you are not the professional you think you are, I still carry fully charged my trusty siemins A 50 albeit in a hand made Bugatti leather case with me at all times when i am on the move for any period over 12 hours so lets not start a battery scare like last time.

The Blackberry Z10 is the best phone/mobile computing device I have ever owned and I have owned them all that is the truth.

So let us not spend this year wasting our time answering theads from Fools who just want bring us down.

We have the device we wanted we supported Blackberry to get now lets spend our time enjoying it!
    Last edited by White9900; 02-02-13 at 09:53 PM.
    02-01-13 09:14 PM
    Very good to know. And you are spot on: if you truly rely on any device 24 7 you will have additional power suppliers otherwise you are not the professional you think you are,
    One in my office, one at home, one in the car.......
    02-01-13 09:24 PM
    Question: Are you on LTE or 3G+/4G?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:39 PM
    "When the other fruit launched its 5 version" .....this got me laughing real hard.

Currently using a bold 9900 but would definitely be getting the Z10 once i am able to do that when it gets to this part of the world (Nigeria) regardless of what the battery life is. Hehe
    02-02-13 07:03 PM
    If I can stretch the life of the 9900 over a 48 hr span, I think I can work with the Z10 :P
    02-02-13 07:06 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    thanks! ... will be testing mine out on Tuesday ....
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 07:19 PM
    [tongueincheek]If you are a true professional, you should have your network restricted to 3G or even 2G for far better battery life. LTE is mostly for streaming video and faster browsing, but what busy person has time for that?[/tongueincheek]
    jakie55 and Andrew4life like this.
    02-02-13 07:31 PM
    [tongueincheek]If you are a true professional, you should have your network restricted to 3G or even 2G for far better battery life. LTE is mostly for streaming video and faster browsing, but what busy person has time for that?[/tongueincheek]
    Yup. I only use my BB9810 phone for calling and texting (no BBM, no BIS, no data), so I turned off H+ and kept it to 2G only.
    I occasionally WiFi daily and sometimes Bridge to my PlayBook and I can get about 1.5 - 2 days on a 1 year old battery.
    02-02-13 07:49 PM
    I cannot believe this site I just got a infraction for calling another member foolish for posting a negative thread on the battery of the Z 10 when he does not even own one!

Seems like a joke to me!
    02-03-13 08:45 PM
    agreed. LTE is nice to have but unless you are using contenet heavy websites or streaming its not really needed 3G or H+ work well enough for normal browsing
    02-03-13 08:53 PM
    I cannot believe this site I just got a infraction for calling another member foolish for posting a negative thread on the battery of the Z 10 when he does not even own one!

Seems like a joke to me!
    don't insult other members i got one today too :P
    02-03-13 08:55 PM
    I got my Z10 on Thursday and fully charged it overnight until 0730. By 1130 the battery was completely dead. I changed it again and put it down to my usage. It didn't last till the end of the day
    The phone also got extremely hot despite having no apps running.
    The next day I returned the phone to to t-mobile who exchanged the phone as it was unfit for purpose.
    The phone had 50%battery but lasted the rest of the day. So I assumed it had just been bad luck.
    Today the phone was fully charged at 0730
    By 1030 it was down to 25% and I am writing this whilst being plugged into a portable power supply.
    I haven't used the camera, made many calls or downloaded anything.
    The battery life is appalling.

I want RIM to succeed and have quite a few shares in his company but without decent battery life, regardless of the quality of the phone, this won't work
    02-04-13 05:34 AM
    I got my Z10 on Thursday and fully charged it overnight until 0730. By 1130 the battery was completely dead. I changed it again and put it down to my usage. It didn't last till the end of the day
    The next day I returned the phone to to t-mobile who exchanged the phone as it was unfit for purpose.
    The phone had 50%battery but lasted the rest of the day. So I assumed it had just been bad luck.
    By 1030 it was down to 25% and I am writing this whilst being plugged into a portable power supply.

I want RIM to succeed and have quite a few shares in his company but without decent battery life, regardless of the quality of the phone, this won't work
    I've had a similar experience so far. After charging overnight, within an hour I had dropped 35%. I had looked at some web pages, my twitter feed and a few emails. I do live in an area with poor signal so I am hoping that is the cause. My 9810 using UMA had no problems. There is no such option so far for the Z10 unfortunately, nor is there a 2G only option now - 3G only, or 2G/3G.

I am going to be in areas with decent coverage for the next few days so will keep an eye on it then. If there is no improvement, it's going to have to go back. 4 hours for a brand new battery with not much use is laughable.
    02-04-13 06:05 AM

Can I ask: Are you using the supplied charger exclusively?

The reason I query that is because I've seen (with devices other than smartphones) that using just any charger and not the supplied charger can seriously mess with battery life. I once thought the battery in my Tomtom was a gonner until I found the original charger and started using that again - still going strong to this day.

Tx
    02-04-13 06:32 AM

Are you saying you cant go from 07:30am till 11:30am on your replaced one, and have now only gone from 07:30am to 10:30am on your new one?

That doesn't sound right at all. Or did you mean 07:30am till 23:30pm?
    02-04-13 06:33 AM
    I live in centre of a fair sized city so it's not down to the phone working extra hard to get reception.
    I'm taking this phone back to T-Mobile tomorrow. As much as I like it, it is just not practical to have a phone which only lasts a few hours on fairly low usage.
    02-04-13 06:34 AM
    Unfortunately what I wrote was correct. In 3 hours I was at 25%.
    I received a few emails, less than 10 mins of phone calls and not much else.
    Wifi and blue tooth were both turned off
    02-04-13 06:40 AM
    Come on. This is clearly a fault or some other kind of error.

There is no way that the Z10 could have that battery life as standard (as so many other reports testify). I suggest you take it up with your carrier or Blackberry themselves and see what can be done to help.
    02-04-13 06:44 AM
    I've just seen that the NFC was switched on, perhaps that was draining the battery. I'm charged back home 100% using BlackBerry charger and will report back.
    Everything other than the mobile network connection is off now

I want this to be a fantastic phone
    02-04-13 07:34 AM
    I have had same issues i am getting 4G 24/7 great signal i have switched off Wifi, NFC and location services and still battery is very poor i listend to music for 40 mins on train i have sent 15 BBM messages and browsed 5 websites for a total of 15 minutes and made two phone calls 5 mins each i have used roughly 75% of the battery since unplugging at 7:30!! There is something wrong here feel your phone whilst idle is it slightly warm because mine defintly isThis is worse than the LG optimus 3d phone which was canned after 2 months due to the poor battery it had now
    02-04-13 08:47 AM
    OK this post goes to Kevin. Are you getting Good Battery Life from either of your 6 Z 10's?
    02-04-13 10:02 AM
    I know there will be more processes going on when the phone is setting up, which should ease off after a day or two.
    But there is no way your phone/battery is functioning properly if it is lasting only 3 hours. Going on what others have said, the battery will last a full day if you are careful. Just under a day on normal use.
    02-04-13 11:16 AM
    Yes same here. Put the phone in bedside mode and it sucks 40% or so in battery life. Also something weird. When I charged it with my PB charger I noticed that the battery was stuck on 95% for multiple hours. Not sure why this is happening. Letting it drain right now and recharge over night.

Edit: Disabled traffic data and location based adverts. This should improve things a little.
    02-04-13 11:22 AM
    how much of this is poor carrier support for LTE? If the signal is weak any phone will be draining the battery faster
    02-04-13 11:39 AM
    In my case none as VF UK doesn't have LTE yet.
    02-04-13 11:44 AM
48 12