Think this is my first post on Crackberry.

Have no complaints with my z10 battery life so far. Went fairly heavy on the usage today and got from 9am until 10pm without charging it up. Much better battery life than any other BB I have owned
    02-03-13 04:28 PM

Have no complaints with my z10 battery life so far. Went fairly heavy on the usage today and got from 9am until 10pm without charging it up. Much better battery life than any other BB I have owned
    I trust a post like this much more than a reviewer's article.
    Seriously if there was a major battery issue we would have seen a flood of new posters complaining about the battery and asking for help.
    02-03-13 05:21 PM
    the battery life on mine is kinda disappointing... On my second day of using it, it drained the battery in 8 hours, but it literally sat in my pocket the whole time. I checked a couple of emails and did one google search. I do love the phone, so I'm not giving up on it, but is it possible for it to get better after the first few days? Or will I always need to have a charger or spare battery with me?
    02-03-13 06:24 PM
    What we have to remember is that during this time, the battery life will be significantly lower as I'm sure many have not entered into the normal use period.

I have read reviews from Kevin, Engadget, Tech Crunch and others. Unfortunately all are reporting mediocre battery life. Most saying it will be hard to make it through a day under normal use. Unless they tweak the software to improve this between now and March release in US, I will have to pass on this model.

A normal days usage is my test. If a phone can't do that, I'm not carrying it.
    02-03-13 07:08 PM
    My z10's wall charger recently started making a funny buzzing sound. It starts about 3-5 secs after plugging in my device. Anyone else experiencing this?
    02-03-13 07:13 PM
    My z10's wall charger recently started making a funny buzzing sound. It starts about 3-5 secs after plugging in my device. Anyone else experiencing this?
    People here spoke about this some time ago. Apparently it's normal and some people, not all can hear the noise and some said their dogs can too.

No joke.
    smotwani likes this.
    02-03-13 07:40 PM
    This is bad. I have never seen anything like this before. I fullycharged my phone till about 6 pm from empty. Took it off the charger and made one phone call and sent about 5 text messages before going to bed. Did not plug it into the charger. Woke up the following morning at 7am and the battery was dead. Barely managed to last 12 hours overnight with no use at all apart form the 5 messages and a single call. I am consistently getting about 6 hours with modearate use. Its really really bad. I could say the unit is faulty but i suspect the problem is bigger than a bad battery or faulty unit.
    Before people start going off on me;
    No LTE
    NFC Turned off
    Screen Brightness turned down
    No WIFI
    No Bluetooth.

Its really pathetic. I would advise anyone thinking of getting this to wait till BlackBerry either offer an explanation and promise to fix this or simply recall these batteries and sort this out. A 1800mAh battery in 2013 is silly really.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:14 AM
    "Orinigally Posted by Sqoon"

"Originally Posted by Duncan Campbell

I trust a post like this much more than a reviewer's article.
    Seriously if there was a major battery issue we would have seen a flood of new posters complaining about the battery and asking for help. "

There is a serious battery issue, believe me you.
    Why dont you buy the phone and find out. I am offering to sell you mine discounted by 20% from the retail price.
    If not then dont comment because you dont know what you are talking about.
    02-04-13 07:18 AM
    @ blackhove I'd swap it for another as that's terrible battery life.

BlackBerry aren't getting my Z10 back. As I've posted, I got nine hours with all those switched on and heavy use. (on Wifi)
    02-04-13 07:29 AM
    @ blackhove I'd swap it for another as that's terrible battery life.

BlackBerry aren't getting my Z10 back. As I've posted, I got nine hours with all those switched on and heavy use. (on Wifi)
    i am off to Phones4U as i bought it off contract for cash. Will report back on my new one but i guarantee you its a software issue.
    02-04-13 07:35 AM
    Day 1: after the purchase I did all my setup on the battery as it was from the box, then charged it up to full and pulled it off around 3/4pm. From 4-8pm, moderate use (wifi, bluetooth and some LTE); haven't put it down from 8-12:20 (wifi/bluetooth) - heavy use... streaming, apps downloads, FB, syncing, etc.... still at 20%. Nothing amazing, but seems like once usage settles it should be reasonable. Put in it airplane mode now to get a sense of drain overnight (wish Battery Guru was available already for BB10).
    02-05-13 11:25 PM
    A lot of people are overreacting to the initial performance of their battery on the Z10. I got my Z10 on the 30th, and had the same initial reaction, thinking the battery life was poor. The first couple of days I was only getting about 8 hours of use between charges. This number has dramatically increased over the past few days. My most recent charge lasted me for 25 hours, with moderate usage for the hours I was awake. (Consistent use of Email, BBM, Browser, Twitter, Facebook) I have LTE disabled, was on WiFi at all times except for my commute to the office, and had solid LTE coverage. So for those of you who got a brand new Z10 today, my advice is don't fret, the battery life gets better. (Of course this is just one piece of anecdotal evidence, your mileage may vary.)
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:37 PM
    This is bad. I have never seen anything like this before. I fullycharged my phone till about 6 pm from empty. Took it off the charger and made one phone call and sent about 5 text messages before going to bed. Did not plug it into the charger. Woke up the following morning at 7am and the battery was dead. Barely managed to last 12 hours overnight with no use at all apart form the 5 messages and a single call. I am consistently getting about 6 hours with modearate use. Its really really bad. I could say the unit is faulty but i suspect the problem is bigger than a bad battery or faulty unit.
    Before people start going off on me;
    No LTE
    NFC Turned off
    Screen Brightness turned down
    No WIFI
    No Bluetooth.

Its really pathetic. I would advise anyone thinking of getting this to wait till BlackBerry either offer an explanation and promise to fix this or simply recall these batteries and sort this out. A 1800mAh battery in 2013 is silly really.
    I have had mine on since I bought it this morning and still have not killed the battery despite not putting it down and streaming heavy, downloading from app world, playing with the voice command, and generally just having a good time
    02-05-13 11:40 PM
    Make it thin, make it compact, make it fast, make it look great. PS: Do it all on 10 year old battery life technology!

Seems legit.
    I would trade a larger battery for increased weight and thickness, because the Z10 feels super light (compared to my 9810) and easy to hold. Sadly, it seems that phones also suffer from anorexia.
    02-06-13 01:50 AM
    I've been pretty disappointed with battery life so far, in the UK with EE on 4g, took it off charge around 8pm and apart from sending a few texts didn't use it, battery was on orange at 6am which I believe means less than 20%. Tried the same last night but connected to wifi and it drained about 10%, so I think it's 4g that's the killer
    02-06-13 02:02 AM
    Have to say I have been complaining about battery life on other threads however it has improved over days two things that I did switched push email off and ensured no active tiles have used phone in same way each day and I'm roughly on 78% since removing from plug at 7:30am however I did notice I charged over night and battery never reached 100% my suspicions is the battery is faulty also I will switch push back on tomorrow also today I put screen brightness all the way up!!!
    02-06-13 06:21 AM
    I'm on WiFi and mobile radio's ON. I am going on 12 hours now and am at 80% battery left...with an hour of phone calls and BBM's texts and e-mail. Battery seems fine to me after only one charge. Does not seem like it will go much less if any than my 9900...but for the most part, my phone is in 3G quite often. For some reason, it will not go to H+ when it can't get 4G LTE. I am going to exchange it today. My 9900 has full H+ while the Z10 only goes from marginal 4GLTE to 3G.
    02-06-13 06:36 AM
    Have to say I have been complaining about battery life on other threads however it has improved over days two things that I did switched push email off and ensured no active tiles have used phone in same way each day and I'm roughly on 78% since removing from plug at 7:30am however I did notice I charged over night and battery never reached 100% my suspicions is the battery is faulty also I will switch push back on tomorrow also today I put screen brightness all the way up!!!
    Good we have got push emails! I have two yahoo accounts, does yahoo support the push function ?
    02-06-13 06:42 AM
    The issue with the battery isn't really the battery itself it's the device. Even when you are fully charged if you plug your device in it continues to charge which suggests either there is a software problem or there is hardware problem with the phone, either way BBRY will have to replace the batteries to all the Z10's sold if they don't release a software fix soon as the batteries will burn out from over charging, OR in the event that BBRY finds it's a hardware issue lobbyist/MPs could ask their government to force BBRY to do a recall on all the devices sold.
    02-06-13 06:47 AM
    I have had experience with bad battery life on 2 units i received last Friday. The first one could barely get me thru 6 hrs and the second one, the battery refused to get full when charged. It just kept charging and charging and charging, and the battery life was also useless. Decided to get both units changed. As i asked in a previous thread, PLEASE IS THERE ANY INSTRUCTION I AM TO FOLLOW ABOUT HOW TO GET MAX BATTERY LIFE FROM MY Z10??? Am i to use the battery without charging it and drain it before my initial charge? What steps am i to follow to achieve the best life out of my batteries? i would really appreciate any help i can get before my new unit arrives tomorrow. thanks
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:03 AM
    I am not sure if the batteries are faulty as the charger continues to charge them after its reached its full capacity. Thus it suggests the OS might not be smart enough to stop charging once the battery reaches full. Either way BlackBerry may have to replace all the Z10 batteries sold to date to fix the issue.
    02-06-13 07:09 AM
    My Z10 battery is great! The S3 I had was terrible...
    02-06-13 07:10 AM
    The issue with the battery isn't really the battery itself it's the device. Even when you are fully charged if you plug your device in it continues to charge which suggests either there is a software problem or there is hardware problem with the phone, either way BBRY will have to replace the batteries to all the Z10's sold if they don't release a software fix soon as the batteries will burn out from over charging, OR in the event that BBRY finds it's a hardware issue lobbyist/MPs could ask their government to force BBRY to do a recall on all the devices sold.
    I was under the impression that lithium ion battery could not overcharge
    02-06-13 09:01 AM
    so ...... I guess you won't be getting any phones
    My thoughts exactly. No smart phones anyway.

The price we are all paying with faster and faster processors is shorter battery life. Some phones I hear are dead in 3-5 hours under moderate use. Now even blackberries have dual core processors... IF I can make my phone last 8 hours I will be satisfied (work day without overtime).

Like Blaze said on the podcast... If you have one of these new phones and expect to be gone all day away from a powersource, you are stupid for not having an extra battery.
    02-06-13 09:13 AM
    Only first day if use been off charger 5 hours normal use and I am St around 40% not going to make the rest of my day seeing as I have 8 hours left. But I can live with it the keyboard and the hub make my life easy. And u am coming from note 2 that would get me from 5 am to 10 pm.
    02-06-13 09:14 AM
299 ... 7891011 ...