Reported battery life....great so far!!!!
    02-07-13 05:48 PM
    I seems to be luck of the draw. Some z10s last 6 hours, some last 2 days. Mine last 8 hours with no use in a good reception area.
    stardotstar likes this.
    02-07-13 07:26 PM
    I seems to be luck of the draw. Some z10s last 6 hours, some last 2 days. Mine last 8 hours with no use in a good reception area.
    I dunno.
    Of the other friends I have who got Z10, we have seen none of this reported "bad" battery life.
    02-07-13 07:38 PM
    I also have a Samsung Note I and the battery is amazing...last more than a day and I own as well the BB10 and would have to concur that the battery life is very poor. You have to call a spade a spade although I want my BB10 to be everything it should be. With all the testing and length of time it took to get to market...why oh why did they not get it! Not rocker science and they had all this history to go by.
    stardotstar likes this.
    02-07-13 07:58 PM
    haha, not rubbing this in but....I'm on the 9310.......running 2 days and down to 1/4 battery or 25%. Not too bad folks!!
    02-07-13 08:06 PM
    haha, not rubbing this in but....I'm on the 9310.......running 2 days and down to 1/4 battery or 25%. Not too bad folks!!
    My lady has a pink 9310 and I have to say that thing has the best battery life that I have ever seen on a BlackBerry.
    02-07-13 08:33 PM
    As long as I get through a 10 work shift, then I don't care.

I am at 4% right now and at 10 hours currently.... another 45 minutes to go...breaking at charger as I speak lol!

I will say I am over 4 hours on screen time out of that 10 hours.

Actually content with the GS3 battery life. Hoping at least the z10 can do that.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    Novaone likes this.
    02-07-13 09:01 PM
    To be honest I'm not impressed with the battery life. BlackBerry (RIM) had enough time to make sure that the battery life won't get that much negative feedbacks from customers.
    stardotstar likes this.
    02-08-13 03:58 AM
    I totally agree with the last comment. Really they should have increase the thickness of the phone in order to put a biggest battery. I'm currently checking which phone I will take. I'm hesitating between a Nokia Lumia 920 and a BBZ10. The BB10 OS is really great but it is keeping hardly more than 1 day of average usage while the L920 can stay alive for 2 days of fairly average use. Really a hard choice to be honest. I really hope BB will do something for the battery...
    stardotstar likes this.
    02-08-13 05:25 AM
    I fully charged my Z10 last night for the first time and it is at 1/2 battery life after 6 hours.
    02-08-13 12:50 PM
    Okay, I love my new Z10 as much as the next guy, but let's face it, the battery life is really not great, especially for those of us who switched from older Blackberry models with smaller screens. Yes, the battery is replaceable; Blackberry: 1, Apple: 0. But I'm not crazy about the idea of carrying around a spare everywhere I go and investing in extra chargers for my car and office. I've read in several places that the battery seems to "break in" over the course of the first week so that it will last a full day. Here's hoping.

But here's what I'm curious about. A couple years back I bought an Acer 1410 notebook that came with a 4-cell lithium battery. It was alright, but I noticed the U.S. was selling the same computer with slightly different features, including a 6-cell battery! So naturally I typed the U.S. battery model number into google to find out if I could buy that battery somewhere. It turned out that some company in Hong Kong was selling a 9-cell battery that was supposed to fit. Needless to say, I was a bit sketched out, but I decided to pull the trigger anyways.

One of my best decisions. The battery increased my laptop's portability from 2.5 hours to over 7 hours! I have never taken the power cord out of my wall jack at home since. The battery increased the weight of the laptop significantly but I was more than happy with it.

Do you think Blackberry limited the current 1800 mAh battery in the Z10 for weight? Is it possible that third-party companies will be able to provide batteries with triple the life-time of the current one, for those of use who don't mind carrying around a heavier device?
    stardotstar likes this.
    02-08-13 01:57 PM
    I've made a few changes and seem to be getting better battery life today. However my usage today is lighter. I turned down the brightness and have also deactivated gestures when locked. Main reason for doing this, was I seemed to be unlocking the phone fairly frequently when it was in my pocket.
    I also reduced my screen lock timeout to a minute. Next step might be turn off LTE as it appears that I'll will have a better chance of finding a unicorn than LTE in Calgary.
    02-08-13 02:24 PM
    You need to do a couple of cycles from 100% to dead, then the battery will get better.
    02-08-13 02:57 PM
    I took mine off LTE - battery now competes with my wife's 4S, i.e. no longer an issue and actually it seems to be charging much faster as well - haven't had enough time yet to test to see whether it is actually the LTE or whether this is due to cycling maturity. I doubt I need LTE in any event - don't really do much streaming at all - and if that is the issue I would expect it will be addressed in the near future. In terms of operation definitely the best phone I've had - fast, fun and simple - and I was a BB keyboard addict - the word correction on the spacebar was a great idea, makes for almost perfect speed typing if using everyday conversational language.
    02-09-13 12:30 AM
    Yep unfounded, thats why there was an article discussing 10 ways to increase your battery life on the front page! There is no reason for the time that BB had to develope this phone that you should have to "dum" down features to make the battery last.

You can deny and defend all you want, but with the poor coverages by ATT in the Houston area, this phone will be jumping thru the battery in no time.

As far as yu other personal attacks, a very typical fanboy reaction.

Give it a rest with your 'attack messages in their sig' paranoia, logically that person would have just ignored you if they thought you were simply trolling and that suggestion from them to check out iphone forums is due to anecdote not being the singular of data, for every person that can say phone a, b or c has good battery life there will be plenty to say that isn't the case because it comes down to personal usage and network coverage levels because battery technology has not kept pace by any stretch of the imagination to the rest of mobile tech.

However, if you want to avoid others thinking you are a troll then perhaps you should not come out with unfounded statements such as this phone will definitely have battery problems when it comes out in the States since you have not used one nor have there been widespread reports of battery issues despite the 100s of thousands that have already been sold in the UK which is not some magical paradise where batteries do not discharge.
    02-09-13 04:49 AM
    So much BS and **** measuring going on in all these battery life posts. I simply don't believe the ones saying that they're getting 20+ hours with everything on, moderate use and multiple apps running, connected to LTE. That is total BS.

I am not surprised that I can barely get 5 hours. Pretty typical of today's super phones. I'm not going to shut down services and limit my use. I got the spate battery charger bundle (a brilliant accessory, Thank You BlackBerry) and I'm running unplugged indefinitely. Keep debating though. Sounds like you're all having fun. Later.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:54 AM
    After about a week with the Z10 battery is much better, already better than the 9900
    Yeah mine appears to be getting better every day actually. It must adapt tomusage or something?
    02-09-13 10:32 AM
    Mine maybe the exception but I take it off the charger around 5:39 in the morning and use it for lots if email, text msg, gps maps, and some Web browsing and it lasts until 10:30 when I go to bed. I have seen the battery go red on me one day at 9:30 but overall I am happy. It's not my Note 2 battery life but not bad considering all the wires everyone's giving the battery

02-14-13 08:26 AM
    I would like to take everyone back to the days prior to Blackberry and even before flip phones! Remember the Motorola brick, I had one and used 3 batteries a day with it. Then the flip phone came out and I was down to 2 a day. Battery technology has improved to the point that all I have to do is plug my phone in once in while to recharge the same battery.

This reported battery life issue really is not an issue, in fact we should be happy we don't need the bulky rechargers any more. There will be a higher capacity battery out soon.

We have bigger issues folks. Now get on with work.
    02-14-13 08:44 AM
    My S3 and Z10 have almost exactly the same battery life. About 12 hours of moderate use and 6 of heavy use

02-14-13 08:49 AM
    The battery for the Z10 is very poor out of the box, which is true. Allow the battery to fully drain, then recharge. I am getting about a day and a half of use out of a single charge, this inclues 300 texts, 300 BBMs, 100 emails read and replied, 20 application searches and downloads from BB World, 50 webpage visits.
    02-14-13 08:52 AM
    BigSpruce, preach!

02-14-13 11:51 AM
    I've had my Z10 since Feb 5 and the only time the battery has lasted longer than 5/6 hrs is when I went on vacation for a week and kept it on Airport mode. I took it off LTE, do a couple of texts and a couple of short emails and the battery is dead by noon. My wife has a iPhone 4s, uses it all day and it won't be lower than 50% in the early evening. Something is not right here. I really like the operating system, etc. (best and easiest I've had) but I simply cannot rely on a phoine that will only last 5/6 hours with almost no use at all.
    02-19-13 07:40 PM
    I've had my Z10 since Feb 5 and the only time the battery has lasted longer than 5/6 hrs is when I went on vacation for a week and kept it on Airport mode. I took it off LTE, do a couple of texts and a couple of short emails and the battery is dead by noon. My wife has a iPhone 4s, uses it all day and it won't be lower than 50% in the early evening. Something is not right here. I really like the operating system, etc. (best and easiest I've had) but I simply cannot rely on a phoine that will only last 5/6 hours with almost no use at all.
    It depends on settings and the way you use it. For me i get a full 12 hours on my battery where as my 4s I would have to charge it 3 times a day doing the exact same thing as I do with the Z10.

The only phone out there that is great woukd be the Note 2 and that lasts me two says easy with the exact same use.

Anyone that uses phones has to understand that it all depends on a million things...for what these phones can do it shouldn't matter if we have to charge then a few times a day. We have small computers un our hands...we should all be happy.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 08:11 PM
299 ... 101112