Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree241Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Picked up my Z10 yesterday. Charged it up overnight and unplugged it at around 8am.. 12 hours later it's at around 60% battery life right now. I have bluetooth and NFC turned off. and Honestly. Do you really need NFC turned on 24/7? I just turn it on when I need it, which is not very often. I check my phone occasionally, have all my social media connected.

So far I haven't had any issues with battery life. But it might be too early to tell.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Battery life after one day is ok. Got through the day at work and I still have 1/4 left here at 8:30 - moderate use.

No complaints - no worse than my wife's 3G iPhone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    none of your phones ever last 4 hours?
    what are you doing? watching videos on full brightness while on a video conference call?
    haha.. could be .. just 4 hours are nothing...maybe watching videos all the time?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,009 Global Posts

is there any way to control the weather app? it is probably constantly updating..all this battery and apps draining battery...it;s all android deja vu again..task killer..
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: Reported Bad Battery Life :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sportline View Post
    is there any way to control the weather app? it is probably constantly updating..all this battery and apps draining battery...it;s all android deja vu again..task killer..
    if you were keeping the included weather app as an active frame, then close it - since it only updates once per hour in actice frame iirc,while also updates on starting the app.

otherwise, I would be looking forward to some very technical answer (computer code based)...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Reported Bad Battery Life :-(

Does anybody know whether disabling the swipe to wake functionality will increase battery life? It must take some battery life to keep checking for input on the touch screen.

Instead could people just press the power button instead?

Just curious.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Espada04 View Post
    Picked up my Z10 yesterday. Charged it up overnight and unplugged it at around 8am.. 12 hours later it's at around 60% battery life right now. I have bluetooth and NFC turned off. and Honestly. Do you really need NFC turned on 24/7? I just turn it on when I need it, which is not very often. I check my phone occasionally, have all my social media connected.

So far I haven't had any issues with battery life. But it might be too early to tell.
    yah i can't really comment on battery life yet but i seemed to be able to kill it in about 12 hours yesterday, which is what my 9900 would last on a normal day and i literally have not put this phone downin the last 24 hours. so it's clearly no worse than my 9900, which is all i care about. will be interesting to see how it performs after the battery is broken in after a few charges and i'm back to using it normally.
    CrackBerry Abuser

yup two hours.
  9. DX9
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

My first full day yesterday. Unplugged at 4am and I got to 4pm on the charge. Pretty comparable to my GS3 day workload and I even used it a little more with new phone syndrome
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    I have read reviews from Kevin, Engadget, Tech Crunch and others. Unfortunately all are reporting mediocre battery life. Most saying it will be hard to make it through a day under normal use. Unless they tweak the software to improve this between now and March release in US, I will have to pass on this model.

A normal days usage is my test. If a phone can't do that, I'm not carrying it.
    In two hours, battery capacity went down from 100% to 75% and I haven't even used the phone.
    The phone is on it's fourth charge now but battery life is horrible. Even if I don't use it, battery capacity drops by at least 10% per hour.
    Comparison: I use my iPhone 5 extensively (calls, mails, banking, no games though) and after a working day (starts at 8 am), I still have 35% capacity left around 9 pm. BB needs to tweak a couple of things, I think there is something wrong with the energy management on the Z10.
    Thanked by:
    stardotstar (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2805011C

I did some testing. When Im using my iCloud account the battery wouldnt less for 5 hours. Now Im using my Gmail account (setup as ActiveSync) and my battery is now much better.
    When I setup my iCloud account I also used the Contacts and Agenda (caldav) setup. I think thats power-hungry and there was some kind of miss synchronization. (Also the problem time ago with Yahoo and Windows Phone).
    CrackBerry User

At first when I got the unit, the battery life was horrible, however I tweaked a couple of things similar to what I did when the 9900 first came out and also had a horrible battery life. Just change your network settings from LTE to HSPA+ (I'm on TELUS), dim the screen a bit and change the stand by mode to 30secs so the screen doesn't remain on for over 2mins... many of those things can help improve your battery life as now I can at least get a full days use out of the phone!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
    In two hours, battery capacity went down from 100% to 75%
    I was away from the phone for 12 hours while it was on with wifi and bluetooth on (if that matters) and lost 10%
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

After about a week with the Z10 battery is much better, already better than the 9900
    Thanked by:
    Matt J (02-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

In two hours, battery capacity went down from 100% to 75% and I haven't even used the phone.
    Similar experience. Off the charger this morning at 7:15 and phone was not used until 10:30 at which point the battery was at %80. It's now 1:15 and after some very light useage (a few BBM's, one text, checked Score app, and a handful of emails) the battery is at %60. So %40 in 6 hours is not terrible mind you I haven't done much on the phone. It will get me to the end of the day but just.

I have now switched the network from LTE to HSPA so will see if that gives a little bit more life to the battery. I have a feeling it's going to be touch and go for the first bit here just like it was with the 9900 when it first came out.
    CrackBerry User

Take it from someone who has a Z10 rather than a review.
    The battery life is absolutely appalling. With minimal use (no video, streaming, audio etc) my phone doesn't even last 8 hours. In fact, after being fully charged and put into sleep mode at 2330,it failed to wake me at 0645 the next morning as the battery had completely drained.
    Thanked by:
    stardotstar (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
    I am not sure if the batteries are faulty as the charger continues to charge them after its reached its full capacity. Thus it suggests the OS might not be smart enough to stop charging once the battery reaches full. Either way BlackBerry may have to replace all the Z10 batteries sold to date to fix the issue.
    Are you sure yours is still charging, on mine it goes from the lightning bolt when charging to some lines running out of the bottom of the battery icon which I took to simply mean that it was indicating that it was connected to the mains in much the same way that other devices have another indicator.
    CrackBerry User

I have yet to be able to fully charge my Z10 since Tuesday when I got it and it lasts through my work day, from 6 am till 10pm.

I am sure eBay will be loaded with stronger batteries in no time. Which is what I do anyway. My Touch lasts 2 full days with stronger eBay battery.
    Currently Using a Z10, 9810 and 9800 on Rogers.
    Curve 8300 - Very Banged Up Still working!
    Blue 7290 -Good Dents Still working!
    Yes I hate Rogers, can you tell! Customer since 91 and treated like crap.
    Started with portable bag phone, moved up to Motorola brick, then 3 flips.
    A few Nokia's as well.
    Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2674F37B

Amazing battery life for me lasts all day with music, wifi on etc used to have to charge torch at least twice a day nothing with this
    Curve 9300 > Torch 9800 > BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

It all depends on how often you use your device, my cousin has iPhone 5 and he always carries his charger cause he drains the battery twice a day ! my 9900 drains my battery even 3 times a day when very busy, but if not, lasts the entire day, so is all relative.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i'm getting worse battery life than my 9900.. I only had it since tuesday so i will give it a week.
    Thanked by:
    stardotstar (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

The phone is on it's fourth charge now but battery life is horrible. Even if I don't use it, battery capacity drops by at least 10% per hour.
    Comparison: I use my iPhone 5 extensively (calls, mails, banking, no games though) and after a working day (starts at 8 am), I still have 35% capacity left around 9 pm. BB needs to tweak a couple of things, I think there is something wrong with the energy management on the Z10.
    I had this same issue and it was because of really spotty LTE reception. I turned off LTE and it now lasts around 12 hours.
    CrackBerry User

I had moderate use today and my battery lasted from 7:30 to 2pm. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed by that. On the plus side, I can change the battery when needed. I do find that the battery seems slow to charge if you're just doing it via USB, much slower than my 4S.
    Thanked by:
    stardotstar (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Please stop saying 12 hours is acceptable because it's not the phone should last 11 hours on a phone call the specs BlackBerry have released are way way off in this day and age 12 hours is poor!!!
    CrackBerry User

unplug mine at 8am and with regular usage its dead by 6pm my torch would last till 8pm. + the fact that it takes alot longer than the torch to charge. definitely not happy with battery life, but what can you do....
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast