The Verizon branding is horrid... at least T-Mobile put it on the back, on the bottom, and in small words.
    03-21-13 07:21 PM
    At best buy i handled a Z10 for ATT today and it had the logo on the battery door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-21-13 07:28 PM
    My Z10 has no branding (thankfully), but I removed branding on my Rogers 9900 with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:31 PM
    Be careful, I'd hate to even put a mark on my precious!
    jamesharmeling and 00stryder like this.
    03-21-13 07:35 PM
    I don't care about the branding. It's not that serious to me. I'm surprised so many people are bothered by it.
    I hear ya brout. It does seem a bit petty. I guess for me it's because my love, loyalty and excitement is for BlackBerry, not the carrier. And aesthetics are important to me too. It's why I must have just the right case that combines function and good looks. Again, I understand that for some it's not a big deal and they don't even think about it, but as for me....I do.
    03-21-13 07:36 PM
    yep, the Canadian versions are really nice.. clean look about it. Only the splash screen has the carrier branding but that's associated with the sim card! Love my Z10.

To the OP, i think someone suggested a sugar cube in another thread...not sure this would work. Surely someone will try and confirm what works on the Z10 specifically.
    03-21-13 07:36 PM
    At best buy i handled a Z10 for ATT today and it had the logo on the battery door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    I got to hold one too. It is one sexy device. I'm on verizon, but im going to an at&t store to play with one tomorrow!
    jamesharmeling and Cap_172R like this.
    03-21-13 07:39 PM
    here's the link of a similar discussion...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anding-782322/ with some other tips! Cheers
    jamesharmeling and 00stryder like this.
    03-21-13 07:54 PM
    I got to hold one too. It is one sexy device. I'm on verizon, but im going to an at&t store to play with one tomorrow!
    I agree with you. I was originally holding out for the Q10 as this would be the "logical" upgrade for me (9000 > 9900 > Q1). I was content not having the Z10/BB10 first and just holding out till the Q arrives, but when i got into BestBuy and held the actual device... i was sold. Upon walking out the store, i was on the phone with Rogers placing my order...
    03-21-13 07:56 PM
    dunno if it's been mentioned but, i read nail polish remover or alcohol is better than sugar cube,,, read 1 post that mentioned scratches,,, that's all i would need to see to NOT do that...
    03-21-13 08:05 PM
    nail polish remover worked like a charm on 9930, use a q-tip and a very light touch. Initially there was a slight smudge that just needed a little buffing out with a soft cloth. Not sure about the Z materials so proceed with caution, i suspect it would work fine on the front...not sure about the back. Amazing BBRY is not selling unbranded rear covers, every dime help at this point, that should be a product sale with a massive margin.
    03-23-13 01:34 PM
    you got yours already? you pre-order, work for verizon, or give some manager some "favors" to get your hands on one! I pre-ordered my day they set it up and I almost can't wait until 28th for mine
    Excuse me for the late response but I work for Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:20 PM
    I know you don't.... But Cross sounds like he does!
    Thanks for believing in me!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:24 PM
    Love that the Canadian ones are clean as I disliked the Rogers branding on my 9700 and 9000. I wouldn't mind it non the battery door but not on the front of my precious!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:30 PM
    My Torch never had any branding on it but my curve from t-mobile did. I don't know why it is never mentioned on here anymore (maybe it doesn't work well on newer BB's) but the common method I found on this site at the time was to scratch it off with the edge of a penny. Lots of people did it and I never saw a complaint about a scratch. Worked perfectly on both of mine as well.

Again, maybe this was only recommended for older berries in case the materials are dif now. I don't want to give out bad info and cause soemone to scratch their new phone.
    03-26-13 12:59 PM
    My Torch never had any branding on it but my curve from t-mobile did. I don't know why it is never mentioned on here anymore (maybe it doesn't work well on newer BB's) but the common method I found on this site at the time was to scratch it off with the edge of a penny. Lots of people did it and I never saw a complaint about a scratch. Worked perfectly on both of mine as well.

Again, maybe this was only recommended for older berries in case the materials are dif now. I don't want to give out bad info and cause soemone to scratch their new phone.
    For my phone I used scotch tape and a pink pencil eraser
    It won't harm the finish and does a good job. Just put a piece of tape over the logo and rub it in good witn with the eraser. Lift off the tape, put a clean section or another piece, if needed, and repeat until it's gone. It will lift off the paint of the logo w/out damaging the phone's finish.

I have seen in different posts where people mentioned using nail polish remover. I wouldn't try it. One time I got one drop on the plastic of one of my remote controls and it sort of melted the plastic. I wouldn't take a chance on that method.
    04-10-13 01:41 PM
41 12