I have about 400 memos that I used to sync between Outlook and various Blackberries going back to 2001. As there's no longer a usb sync and I'm expected to have everything in the cloud, I've created a Gmail account to manage calendar and contacts sync (the latter doesn't work for me, but that's another story). I'm starting to edit and create new entries in Remember, but am slightly nervous that I can't find any way of backing them up to my PC. In which case, I won't be able to transfer them to future devices.

Anyone know the answer?
    02-20-13 06:47 AM
    Here's what blackberry.com has to say about synching Remember:

"The Remember app is designed to sync with the accounts that you add to your BlackBerry device. If you added a work email account to your device, your tasks and notes from your work account are kept in sync with the Remember app in the Tasks and Notes folders, and your flagged messages are synced in the Flagged folder."

I have added a work email, although the Z10 would have no way of knowing whether it was work or not. Where are the 'tasks and notes' from this account? Is this program basically only syncable if you have an enterprise account? And if so, is there any way of importing my old memos and tasks into a different program?
    02-20-13 08:02 AM
    Anyone found any way of syncing Remember memos?
    02-20-13 05:35 PM
    I think my memos and tasks, came over to my Z10, when I did a "Switch Device" using Desktop Manager. I sure miss tasks on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:40 PM
    I added an outlook com account for fun yesterday and remember seeing sync options for notes/memos and tasks. It was added as exchange active sync automatically. That part that was quoted regarding work account makes sense too as it would probably be an active sync account.

At this point it seems a lot easier to use the outlook com account on bb10 since Google got rid of active sync unless ur a paying customer.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:47 PM
    One word: Evernote.
    02-20-13 07:10 PM
    G

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:26 PM
    What I am more concerned about is the ability to move the memos from one device to another not necessarily with BlackBerry

Ever note restricts you to the BlackBerry platform no?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:28 PM
    I had issues with the Z10 - Blackberry Tech told me to back up device, do a security wipe to restore to factory settings and reinstall backup -
    The backup won't reinstall. I have it to the point that I have email/contacts/phone. Had to manually re-enter all of the passwords in password keeper.
    I cannot get it to sync "remember" with notes & tasks in Outlook. I do not have an enterprise server but have linked Outlook to a outlook.com address as a middle step but it will not pick up notes and tasks.

Based on a suggestion above, I looked into installing Evernote on the Z10 but it doesn't appear that Evernote is available for the Z10 yet in Blackberry world.

How do I get the info in short of cut/paste and email each note to myself and create through cut/paste on the other end - but even if I take that approach, how do I keep them in sync going forward.
    I'm spending way too much time screwing around with the Z10 trying to make it work - not a seamless transition from the 9900 BOLD. Frustration level is high.
    It appears the Z10 works well for the full exchange server corporate world and for the kids running gmail accounts but for the smal business guy in the middle on a previous BIS system, RIM have abandoned us
    03-03-13 12:57 PM
    Evernote details are added with the global settings/accounts/add accounts/evernote. From what I understand this then syncs with remember app as client. Try the help app and enter evernote in search. Not sure how building functionality into O/s can be seen as abandonment

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:01 PM