I'm pretty confident that I'ved read that Blackberry Remember can put virtually anything into a folder including emails. I've been trying to accomplish this all day but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help? I'm using gmail out of the hub.
    04-16-13 03:57 PM
    I simply copy and paste the message to Remember.

If there?s an easier way to do it I would love to know how.

Via my Z10
    04-16-13 04:17 PM
    You could add a flag to the email, Remember will create a task under <Unfiled Entries> folder. That's the first step; however, it's not as useful to be able to just attach an email at will to an existing task. It bugs me so bad that I can't do this. Hopefully BBRY will include this feature, along with an ability to make a copy of a folder, in the next BB10 update.
    04-16-13 04:19 PM
    You can share the message to remember as well

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:19 PM
    I don't have the option to share the message.

Via my Z10
    04-16-13 04:22 PM
    If you have an evernote account set up on your Z10 you can forward the email to evernote and it'll appear in remember.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-16-13 04:52 PM
    You could add a flag to the email, Remember will create a task under <Unfiled Entries> folder.
    Thanks, that did the trick. I do wish I could attach an email to another note but this will work for now.
    04-16-13 07:58 PM
    You can share the message to remember as well

Posted via CB10
    Can you please explain how to share the message to remember? I could really make use of that feature.

Also, I wish more of these forum topics were about discussing features such as this instead of what's actually happening. Great to see these posts where members are helping members. ( puh-puh-puh-people helping people).. wedding crashers reference!
    04-16-13 09:32 PM
    Can you please explain how to share the message to remember? I could really make use of that feature.

Also, I wish more of these forum topics were about discussing features such as this instead of what's actually happening. Great to see these posts where members are helping members. ( puh-puh-puh-people helping people).. wedding crashers reference!
    I didn't think you could share to remember. You can flag it but do tell how to share.
    Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:52 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only way is to flag it. I saw the post about emailing to ever note, but I have no idea how to do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:05 PM
    The only way to share to remember (that I know of) is to hold to select, keep holding until everything is selected, then tap the selection to bring up the contextual menu, and tap share. From there you can choose remember.

It will paste the whole email text into the "Additional Notes" section. I like this better than having the email as an attachment. Though it's not as quick.

Posted via CB10
    floridarandy likes this.
    04-16-13 10:19 PM
    The only way to share to remember (that I know of) is to hold to select, keep holding until everything is selected, then tap the selection to bring up the contextual menu, and tap share. From there you can choose remember.

It will paste the whole email text into the "Additional Notes" section. I like this better than having the email as an attachment. Though it's not as quick.

Posted via CB10
    OMG!! This feature is so very cool!! I did not know about this. Much better than using the bubble and blue handles ..crap it only works on email and not texts!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:24 PM
    Confirmed you can select all the text and share to remember. Glad I found that out. Like it better than adding flags.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:26 PM
    Wow! That hold to select is very interesting!

For those wondering about Evernote and how it shows up in remember, it's pretty straightforward : all you do is open an Evernote account. Log in thru the account section of the Z10. Evernote will provide you with an email to upload something to Evernote. So when you want to file an email for later, simply forward to that Evernote email. The entire email with attachment is kept integrally!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:35 PM
    Highlight the text of the message and click on share then remember

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:28 AM
    Thanks for the tip, that's great info!

Additionally I just found you can also select which remember folder you can save the highlighted text to. After highlighting text & long pressing it, hit share, then remember. Once remember shows up, at the top it defaults to Unfiled Entries but a simple hit on that will make a drop down menu appear with all folders you've created. Simply select which folder and voila!

Thanks again!
    04-17-13 10:04 AM
    You could add a flag to the email, Remember will create a task under <Unfiled Entries> folder. That's the first step; however, .
    OK I have emails un unfiled

How do I now file them into folders?

its not allowing me to

Thanks
    05-02-13 05:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure the only way is to flag it. I saw the post about emailing to ever note, but I have no idea how to do that.

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty simple and is a neat feature. Be sure to read the comments to the blog for additional ideas of how to use this feature.

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/0...rnote-account/

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 06:47 AM
    OK I have emails un unfiled

How do I now file them into folders?

its not allowing me to

Thanks
    You can't.

You can copy the text and share it to remember, just be sure to select the correct folder when creating the note.

Copying the text of an email is currently the best option when working within the Remember app, due to the thirty day email storage limitation. Emails disappear after thirty days, and so will the attachments in the Remember app. I understand that 10.1 partially addresses this, depending on the type of email account.

However, sending an email to your Evernote account works better and will allow you to file it in the correct notebook, add tags to it, and even have it show up in your Google calendar.

I would suggest side loading the Evernote app as it supports rich text, tagging, etc. I find that I use it more than I do the Remember app.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:19 AM
    Thanks

I use an IMAP email folder "bucket system" to collect emails for when I am back at work

These feed a smart mailbox and I process from there on my work mac to action or send to Omnifocus

Omnifocus preserves a link to the original email message

That Evernote doesn't sucks - bah!

I need to look deeper into the secret weapon system as that also uses an email folder bucket system.

Thanks for the help

I am keen to correspond with BlackBerry GTD fans

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:43 AM