I like the Remember app. I like the idea of merging the memos and the tasks into one space, while simultaneously allowing me to better organize all the information into separate folders. I also like that I can now add even more content to these notes or items such as voice recordings, picture attachments, etc. It makes the whole experience that much cleaner and richer.
    What I do miss however, is the more granular control that used to exist in the Tasks app of BB's of old (at least in OS 7, can't speak for the rest). True, you can still set a date on an item for which it should be completed on or before, but there is no available option to set a reminder or to control, not only the date, but the exact hour and minute the device will give you the reminder or tell you that a task now needs to be completed.
    Now, technically, there is a work around for this, and that's by creating an event in the Calendar app first, and then if you click the event you just made, hit the overflow menu, select Share, and select Remember, this will take you to the familiar Remember entry page where you can edit and save details for this item to your hearts content. And since it's already an event in the Calender, if you set a reminder there, you should be notified of it for whenever you set that to (on my device I first had to enable sound and LED notifications for the Calendar in the device Settings menu).
    This is a nice feature, but it feels incomplete, as it doesn't fully integrate with the Calendar, even though you just made the Remember item from within the Calender. When you get the reminder previously set, it's only for the Calender event and gives you no option from there to access the Remember note. Also, if you go into the Remember app itself, and find the note you made from within the Calendar, you will see that the due date is not automatically set in sync with the Calendar entry. Also, you will note an attachment to the Calender event, and you will be given the option to add it to the Calender, which sounds weird, considering this note was made from there it should automatically be linked, and even were you to select the add to Calender, you will be told that it conflicts with another event (the one made in the Calender before sending to the Remember app). It'll work, but now you have 2 separate events with different details (depending on what you put in each entry) and will both say that they are in conflict with another event (which of course, is each other).
    Another problem with this is that if you change the details or delete one or the other, it does absolutely nothing to effect the other. Also, despite being able to send an item from the Calendar to Remember app, you can not do the opposite. That is, if you make an item in the Remember app first, there is no option available to send this to the Calendar app where you would be able to set up reminder notifiers and other available options and details that are available there.
    They are very good concepts and, for what they're capable of now, they work very well. But hopefully that's just the beginning. There are quite a few things that should be added to both apps (as I'm sure many others have already addressed) as well as better integration and communication between the two. I've loved BlackBerry for a long time, and what this current platform and device are capable of just blows me way. But all these wonderful things needs to be executed on, and done really well. I know quite a few people unfortunately, that - despite all the great things that there are - would love to make a very big deal about all the small things they could nitpick at. And there are more than I care for and would love it if, sometime soon if not sooner, this was changed so that this opportunity would not be available to them, or at the very least, much harder to get at.
    Let's continue this brilliant growth and development that has been in the works for awhile now, and take the world by storm! (Not like the original Storm, as that was a semi disaster - which is too bad, because I kind of liked those phones)
    billsterjito and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-27-13 05:25 PM
    I couldn't agree more? Good post!

CB10 App, Z10
    02-27-13 05:35 PM
    i wish i had more of a use for this useful app
    02-27-13 08:14 PM
    I miss these granular features. And that synergy between contacts, calendar and tasks (birthdays, tasks on calendar, etc).
    I really organized my world with these features and I feel kind of lost without them... And calendar doesn't transfer from Bold 9800... FML. All my school homeworks, exams, meetings for work, birthdays, etc....

My memos and tasks did transfer, in a remember file containing more than 1200 entries.. oh boy

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:38 PM
    I do love the remember app - but I do wish I could set time reminders for tasks. I hope it will come with an update and seeing how so many things work together so well on this OS I can't imagine that they won't address this.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:44 PM
    Well, there have been a few OS updates since my first post in this thread, but since it is getting close to crunch time for many students such as myself, I've been going back to the Remember and Calendar apps furiously as of late.
    And what a pleasant surprise I found there! I'm not sure in which update the changes came in, but I'm sure CrackBerry has note of it somewhere in its master change log (haven't looked myself).
    Anyways, the issues previously brought up have appear to have disappeared! In the Remember app if you set the entry to "task" you now have that more granular control over the exact time that task must be done by giving you the option of setting an alert (reminder) for that task as well as automatically integrating the task with the Calendar app were you can both view and modify the entry from there where it will be synchronous across both apps.
    However, this has to be done in the Remember app. You cannot create a task entry purely from within the Calendar app. What you can do is make an entry in the Calendar and share that entry to the Remember app, as before, where that created entry will be seen in both apps. Again though, if you change either the Remember entry (which has a link to the Calendar entry), or the Calendar entry itself, or vice versa, it will not change the contents of the other. So it seems it's a one way synchronization only from Remember to the Remember entry in the Calendar. But that's still much better than what we've had before.
    Haven't done much more digging around than that, so there could be more to this story. But just on the surface of it, I'm very happy with these changes and hope more goodies such as these and other changes that enhance user experience across all realms keep on coming!

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-19-14 08:58 AM