So a week or so ago my girlfriend damaged the screen on her Z10, and last night the headphone jack quit working in mine. (I've already browsed through all the headphone jack problem threads; mine seems to be physically broken as the same aux cord I've been using for a year doesn't "click" in anymore, nor do any others I've tried.)

I've seen the jack/power button piece for sale separately, but also noticed some combo deals on the screen and "middle plate" which would let me fix both phones without having to buy extra stuff.

Some of the ads say "no logo" while claiming OEM, but the picture shows the BlackBerry logo on the screen. Others claim OEM but the screen is just black where the logo should be.

I want original quality parts, not knock-offs...what seller/store can I trust?

My phone is out of warranty (had it over a year now) and while hers is in warranty, it's clearly a case of drop damage...so it seems to me, fixing them myself is the best route. Other opinions/advice welcomed, though!

Richard
    07-29-14 09:27 AM
    Hello.
    Sounds like fixing them both is an option. However, you should search for OEM parts for sure. Have your tried cellular factory or Amazon for those parts?
    07-29-14 12:38 PM
    You definitely want a logo at the bottom of the screen. no logo = cheap Chinese stuff.
    Some will claim original part but the pics would not show the bottom of the screen. You should know why by now.You didn't say where you lived but for UK I would go with ebizworld on amazon uk. Used them just last week for screen replacement. All working fine post operation. And it's so easy too....
    07-29-14 02:29 PM
    Don't know about the headphone jack, but I just replaced the screen on my Z10. Took me longer than the videos because I was trying to be super extra careful. Motherboard was also a bit of a pain to get in because I reused the protective foil from the old LCD/digitizer on the new one, and it didn't lay down quite as smooth.

I highly recommend spending the few extra bucks to get the LCD/digitizer with frame. Then you only have the nine T3 torx screws to deal with otherwise you've got an additional six or seven T1 torx screws. I bought the nice (and pricey) Wiha tools.

Guitar picks work for separating the case, but that iSesamo Opening Tool is probably easier.

Good how-to's with links for buying part:

Good luck. You can do it.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-14 04:15 PM
    I've looked at numerous sources for the parts, and that's the point of my post: who has bought from where and got what they know are actual OEM BB parts, not knock-offs? Specifically, the Z10 screen/digitizer; preferably the combo where it's the mid plate, screen, and headphone jack/power button circuit board. I've seen this offered...just unsure of the actual source of the parts.

I don't want to waste time and money to end up with inferior quality parts.

I'm in the U.S.

Thanks!
    Richard
    08-02-14 11:55 AM
    I have used BlackBerrySpares in the UK. Probably not what you are looking for but they only use original parts, are quite skilled when talking to them and next day shipping to Denmark.

You'd need a complete middle frame with screen and all your problems will be resolved. I replaced my first in about 15 min after shattering my screen. The frame had some marks after one year of usage so that's why I also replaced the middle frame (and battery cover).

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:11 PM
    Reliable source for parts? (Screen, headphone jack)-img_20140804_223337.png

I bought this one and I am very happy with it. I couldn't find the right size screw driver locally so I had a shop replace it for $35. From the outside everything is new but the battery door. New power button, speakers, headphone jack, vibrating motor, volume controls. The copper tape is on the new one so you don't have to mess with it. Took the tech about 10 minutes to switch it out. I am considering buying a second one just in case I break the screen again.

Keep in mind you will use this model if you have a 4G model phone. The 3g uses a different model number and aren't interchangeable.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:41 AM
    Thanks, but I don't see anything there except the screen/digitizer - their listing doesn't say anything about the headphone jack, power button, etc.

Richard
    08-05-14 09:27 AM
    Go with etrade supply for genuine BlackBerry parts.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    08-05-14 10:11 AM
    Looks great! Thank you!

Richard
    08-05-14 04:28 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H4N...UvbUpU10690919

Bought this a few days ago. It has the logo, but no tools. Works and my Z10 looks like new. Only took me about 15 minutes to swap out.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:22 PM