Since the last couple of months I have been observing the Blackberry Z10 are sold in the Indian market at prices lower than ₹ 12,000 /- ie less than $200/-
    Just wanted to know are these devices refurbished or new ?
    How do i know if they are refurbished ?
    08-25-14 01:55 PM
    The price which I had mentioned above are without any invoice or warranty & all these handsets are imported STL100-2/3/4. These models were never made/launched for the Indian market,
    The handsets which were available in India were only STL100-1 and the prices were around ₹ 18,000/- ie $300/- which were I suppose the final stock. Blackberry Z10 are not officially available with bill as its out of stock .
    08-25-14 01:59 PM
    Sounds more like these might be refurbished....

New devices should have the warranty.
    08-25-14 02:02 PM
    ye, but these are imported ones, not for my country.
    is there anyway to identify if these are refurbished?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:49 PM
    All these are new and since they are imported there is no valid invoice or warranty. Also STL 2 or 3 should not matter as both will work in India. As I myself using STL 100 -3 which I bought in US. Only ensure that they are not locked to any operators.
    stay away from STL 4 as that's a cdma phone made and locked for USA carriers.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 12:15 AM
    I have check STL-100/4 it works with cdma n' gsm both. my questions was to identify between refurbished or new.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:20 AM
    I am from Pakistan, so our situation might be similar.

I got my Z10 yesterday for 23K, which translates to $230. The store I got my Z10 from is a good recognized store, but they import the phones, and I got 100-3 model.
    I believe these phones come with international warranty, and these warranties can't really be claimed from India/Pakistan. So I got local repairs warranty from the retailer on that as well.

Doesnt feel like refurbished at all.
    08-26-14 04:16 AM
    I purchased my BB z10 from eBay for Rs. 12,700/- as I thought it was a throw away price. It didn't come with any invoice or warranty but I took risk as the amount wasn't too much and I knew how reliable are BlackBerry products. Today I'm happy with my decision. My model is STL-1 and it works really really gr8. I've been using my Z10 for 2 months now and there are absolutely no issues with the phone. I'm one happy BlackBerry user. It's such a good phone that I got 2 Xiaomi Mi3 ( yes, u heard it right) from Flipkart and I sold them. My BlackBerry z10 works just gr8 and I'm not going to change it in near future. BTW almost all of the ppl who bought BlackBerry z10 at this price from eBay are happy too which u can make out from the customer feedback.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:40 AM
    Oop it's STL 100-1.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:42 AM
    These are not refurbished phones. These are imported unlocked new phones.

I also bought the phone from e bay. Although these phones do not come with standard manufacturer warranty, but I got it with one year hardware and software warranty provided by seller.

Always read the reviews for the product and the seller before buying to ensure good after sales service.

Also, I am very grateful to the crackberry forum members to provide best support for issues.

Whenever I faced any problem, crackberry forum members and mods provided me their best possible support.

If I would have been an android user, I would have to go to to service center every now and then for such problems.

Thanks a lot again to all of u guys...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sachin Jain2; 08-26-14 at 11:26 AM.
    08-26-14 10:18 AM
    but, is there any way to identify refurbished handsets?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 12:06 AM
    These are not refurbished phones. These are imported unlocked new phones.

I also bought the phone from e bay. Although these phones do not come with standard manufacturer warranty, but I got it with one year hardware and software warranty provided by seller.

Always read the reviews for the product and the seller before buying to ensure good after sales service.

Also, I am very grateful to the crackberry forum members to provide best support for issues.

Whenever I faced any problem, crackberry forum members and mods provided me their best possible support.

If I would have been an android user, I would have to go to to service center every now and then for such problems.

Thanks a lot again to all of u guys...

Posted via CB10

For android there does exist XDA, which I suppose is way better. No offence though.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:40 AM
    No, there is no way to identify if they are refurbished. Thats the whole point of it. But at that price level I would say they are likely new, just taken from various stocks

Putin Huylo. Slava Ukraini, freedom to Ukraine!
    satchit likes this.
    08-28-14 05:13 PM
    Yesterday I visited one of such shops in the local market , to check the devices .
    All the accessories provided seemed new & packed . When I switched on the device I found, that there was no setup required at start-up . The phone could be used directly without doing any initial setup.
    The call timer showed last reset December 2013
    08-29-14 12:30 AM
    what I feel after some research is, these handsets are refurbished and not new ones.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:17 AM
    That may be the case for the local markets but the ones online are new just imported, bought my zed10 stl002 online a month+ back its new and works fine

BlackBerry Z10 on 4500mah Beast mode
    09-07-14 04:09 AM