After time the micro usb port connection from the power cord, which plugs into your phone gets loose and may be causing this. You may just need a brand new connector (micro usb cord). The other temporary fix may be to unplug and re-plug until it is firmly plugged in, until explanation mark disappears.
    03-03-14 08:37 AM
    Attachment 252234

Posted via CB10
    Just because it was made by blackberry doesn't mean it is the right one for your device. Is it for a BlackBerry OS device?
    03-03-14 09:19 AM
    yes.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:11 AM
    Just because it was made by blackberry doesn't mean it is the right one for your device. Is it for a BlackBerry OS device?
    That provides 5v at 1.8a.

There's no way that this isn't enough current.

Posted on a Post-It!
    03-03-14 12:31 PM
    After time the micro usb port connection from the power cord, which plugs into your phone gets loose and may be causing this. You may just need a brand new connector (micro usb cord). The other temporary fix may be to unplug and re-plug until it is firmly plugged in, until explanation mark disappears.

That's not it. The graphs show that he is seeing nearly 5 watts of input charging power coming into the device. That takes into account both input charging power, as well as active battery drain. That is more than enough to charge it adequately. Yet Battery Guru thinks it will take something like 61 hours to fully charge the battery.

Something is going on with the battery, most likely. Either it is a 3rd-party battery that the device cannot calibrate, or the battery is bad.
    03-03-14 03:48 PM
    That's not it. The graphs show that he is seeing nearly 5 watts of input charging power coming into the device. That takes into account both input charging power, as well as active battery drain. That is more than enough to charge it adequately. Yet Battery Guru thinks it will take something like 61 hours to fully charge the battery.

Something is going on with the battery, most likely. Either it is a 3rd-party battery that the device cannot calibrate, or the battery is bad.
    it would have a bad battery. i have two. the one that came with my Z and the one that came with my BlackBerry Z10 battery bundle.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:39 PM
    I used to get red explanation mark on my device when my connector became loose, so I had to unplug and replug until it set in there perfectly, then the red explanation mark disappeared. I finally bought a new cord which fixed this problem from occurring. That was my experience.
    03-03-14 09:29 PM
    yeah. i do that. i just think i shouldn't.

I'm guessing it my me the phones charging port.

Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140303_215919.png
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140303_215901.png

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:52 PM
    yeah. i do that. i just think i shouldn't.

I'm guessing it my me the phones charging port.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140303_215919.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	252584

The screenshot you show there just shows that charging is complete. The input charging power tapers until the battery is fully charged.

And once again, I don't agree about the charging port, because the previous screenshots of Battery Guru that you posted demonstrate that the input charging power is fine. At least at that moment.

What you need to do is keep Battery Guru active (I leave mine running all the time), and when you encounter another situation where it is not charging, or you are getting the blinking battery indicator take the screenshots then. Particularly the page that shows the charging/discharging wattage.

And while you're at it, at the time it is discharging, do a 24 hour battery history screenshot of System Monitor like you did before.

Then we should have a better picture of what is going on.
    03-04-14 02:37 AM
    And turn that "keep awake" feature of Battery Guru off. That will also drain the battery if you forget and leave it in full screen.
    03-04-14 02:38 AM
    Oh, and one other thing - that "keep alive" feature can be used to do a "drain test", which apparently is one way to force the device to re-calibrate the battery capacity indication. The place in the Battery Guru setting for "keep alive" is contains a webpage link to a detailed document about how to do this test.

I've never had a need to do a drain test myself. But I think if you are swapping multiple batteries into the same device a lot, battery capacity calibration/calculation tends to be a more common problem, because the device is not able to "get acquainted with" the battery the way it would if the same battery were installed all the time.

You can also discuss this on the Battery Guru thread if you like:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...y-10-a-779696/
    chern likes this.
    03-04-14 02:49 AM
    Chern, please let us know what fixes your problem when you do.
    03-04-14 10:17 AM
    Chern, please let us know what fixes your problem when you do.

unplug and plug again. but i wouldn't call it a fix.

i have encountered this issue 3 while using BBM video, connected v�a BlackBerry 1.8 rapid charger.

I'm currently running guru and will post a picture later on.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 01:50 PM
    I ordered this on Crackberry.com to fix my problem of getting a red explanation mark. In my experience having a loose connection caused my problem (search for): BlackBerry Micro USB Cable for Z10
    03-04-14 02:45 PM
    i move the wall charger and nothing and then move the usb port and nothing. i have to unplug.

some more pictures:
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_144121.png
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_144124.png
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_144208.png
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_144228.png
    Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_154139.png

my screen brightness is set to 25-30%

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:57 PM
    Well the latest Battery Guru screenshots show the device with a pretty much fully-charged battery. That's why the band color is red and the power input/output is "0.00" watts.

I see one instance around 13:20 where the charge drops down to nothing, I assume at that point you took the device off the charger to look at it or perhaps moved the wire around.

But we really need to see this data when the device is NOT charging properly. The Device Monitor statistics at that point will show which process(-es) may be using very high power at that time, and the Battery Guru statistics will show whether you are actually getting charging power into the device at that time.
    03-04-14 05:04 PM
    yeah, i had to leave the office so i unplugged.

it stopped charging at 97%

Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_182026.png

Red battery indicator with red exclamation mark! help!-img_20140304_182033.png

thank you all for helping and teaching me some stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 252796

Attachment 252797
    03-04-14 06:12 PM
    now charging via usb host. at 46% and guru says 61 hrs to full. can it be my battery is screwed?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:38 PM
    now charging via usb host. at 46% and guru says 61 hrs to full. can it be my battery is screwed?

I don't know, but at this point I think the main issue with that is that its calibration is off.

You never answered whether you are using original BlackBerry branded batteries or not.

And if you are not using it, turn location services off. Some GPS apps don't turn it off when they are closed and GPS is a very large battery drainer.
    03-04-14 10:06 PM
    Most likely it is detecting a short. call tech support and ask exactly what that battery sign means
    03-04-14 10:24 PM
    I don't know, but at this point I think the main issue with that is that its calibration is off.

You never answered whether you are using original BlackBerry branded batteries or not.

And if you are not using it, turn location services off. Some GPS apps don't turn it off when they are closed and GPS is a very large battery drainer.
    both my battery are original BlackBerry branded. the one that came with my Z10 and the one that came with my charger bundle for the Z10.

how should i calibrate?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:53 PM
    how should i calibrate?
    I would start with the drain test as mentioned previously. There are detailed instructions to follow.
    03-05-14 10:02 AM
    thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 12:31 PM
48 12