Hello everybody,
    As I put in my last topic, I have a problem with my keyboard and therefore to try and make it work again, I did a complete wipe of my device. The only problem is that I had taken important photos the day that happened and the security backup was from the day before so when I turned it back on, the photos were gone. I was wondering if there was a way to get back those images? Maybe by using a third-party app?

Thanks everybody

ps: my old topic http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-828873/
    07-16-13 05:21 AM
    Cannot be done.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:18 AM
    They are gone forever

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:41 AM
    Actually no! Thank god BlackBerry ! You see that's the reason I love so much BlackBerry 10!

When I did my security wipe, I had forgot that I had told BlackBerry bridge to automatically backup my data when I plug it into my computer so my files were simply in my folder on my computer!

That's why I think BlackBerry is maybe a step back in some aspects, but is one step ahead from the others.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 02:43 PM
    Actually no! Thank god BlackBerry ! You see that's the reason I love so much BlackBerry 10!

When I did my security wipe, I had forgot that I had told BlackBerry bridge to automatically backup my data when I plug it into my computer so my files were simply in my folder on my computer!

That's why I think BlackBerry is maybe a step back in some aspects, but is one step ahead from the others.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Link .
    The Auto synch can be annoying but useful too. Let it be a warning to you.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:10 PM
    Hello everybody,
    As I put in my last topic, I have a problem with my keyboard and therefore to try and make it work again, I did a complete wipe of my device. The only problem is that I had taken important photos the day that happened and the security backup was from the day before so when I turned it back on, the photos were gone. I was wondering if there was a way to get back those images? Maybe by using a third-party app?

Thanks everybody

ps: my old topic http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-828873/
    Hmmm I think on the contrary it could be possible to get the pictures back if you didn't have a backup. My reflex would be to activate mass storage on the phone, plug it into you laptop and use a tool on the laptop to scan the Z10. Would that be possible?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:20 PM
    Hmmm I think on the contrary it could be possible to get the pictures back if you didn't have a backup. My reflex would be to activate mass storage on the phone, plug it into you laptop and use a tool on the laptop to scan the Z10. Would that be possible?

Posted via CB10
    The phone would overwrite all storage. It is a security wipe for a reason. What you are thinking about in a fast format, deletion of the file table or allocation of space for overwriting.

The other issue would be that mass storage emulates a flash drive but that's it.

Plus, it only works for the media card, unaffected by the security wipe...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:34 PM
    I would suggest saving pictures to the sd card which can be removed when you do the security wipe. Consider it extra protection.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:39 PM
    Yes it's what I usually do but on that day I had left my sd card at home (of course). It's like when you take an umbrella. You take it = doesn't rain. You don't = rains.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:09 PM
    Yes it's what I usually do but on that day I had left my sd card at home (of course). It's like when you take an umbrella. You take it = doesn't rain. You don't = rains.

Posted via CB10
    Very true lol

Posted via CB10
    anon6113468 likes this.
    07-16-13 05:16 PM
    is it possible from internal memory?
    If the phone was wiped, INTERNAL memory is definitely GONE.
    12-13-13 12:02 PM
    Hi, there
    Did you ever complete a backup of all your files and pictures onto your PC or Cloud service?
    Apparently, even if your data gets deleted, it is still actually there unless something is written over it. You can try doing Android Data Recovery with some programs over your device and hope you can recover deleted photos from Android successfully.
    Internal memory gets scrubbed, during the wipe it writes zeros to the space to make data unrecoverable. Hence, "security" wipe. A microSD card wouldn't be touched under normal circumstances but it's a safe bet to remove it all the same.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    06-16-14 09:41 PM