Hello everyone, Im new to BB Community. I used to be a fan along with millions before iOS/Android came along then when they did like millions, I jumped ship. Getting to point I have had the ATT version of the Z10 for 2 days and already its bringing back those dreaded memories because it rebooted randomly last night and just rebooted 20 min ago from time of this posting. I am in love with this and REALLY want to give this phone a fair chance but I have 12 days to be stuck with this, or I will be going back to iP5 as bad as I don't want I cant have a plagued device. If it happens again will take it back and exchange it for another and if that ones plagued, Im sorry BB cant recommend it. Someone please chime in if they having same issues. Again its US ATT version 10.0.10.88
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    03-31-13 06:02 AM
    I haven't had any random restarts in a couple of weeks and I am on T Mobile, but I can surely understand your frustration.

I know the restarts have been documented for the past month by folks on this forum and I would think the software engineers at BlackBerry would be coming up with a solution if it is a software issue? I just hope it's not a hardware one.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:08 AM
    Do you use the Z10 with the Flip Shell case? Because I found out that my Z10 reboots a few times a day because it has to lock and unlock many times due to this case. Without the case my Z10 doesn't reboot.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:09 AM
    I haven't had any re boots at all and mine is one of the London launch phones. All updates have been done along with software updates but nothing has made it reboot. Xx

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:14 AM
    Mine rebooted once last week. Crossing my fingers that it won't happen again.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:16 AM
    For what it is worth, I'm on my second Z10. The first one I owned was relatively perfect however it was black and I decided I wanted a white one so I returned it.

My white one though has had problems almost every day. It started with a failed OS upgrade out of the box and I've had to reinstall the OS twice and I still experience freezes and crashes/reboots.

If this was my first Z10, I'd be a little upset but knowing how well the first one performed, I know it is just this particular phone. You can get a bad one of anything really. Anyhow, I could try and troubleshoot more but when I'm buying something outright, I don't see the point so I'm just going to return it for another one.

As you have some more days in your return window, you could try and troubleshoot some more or just return it for another one before deciding to go back your iPhone if you want.
    03-31-13 06:32 AM
    I've been rebooting, on average, 2-3 times a day. Hoping the OS update next week fixes this... Fingers are crossed that this doesn't turn into a BB epidemic...
    03-31-13 06:37 AM
    Thanks for input and no I don't use a case at all. It did an update the 1st day I got it. Hopefully this wont happen again I will keep this post updated if it does or doesn't happen again because in 12 days I'm stuck with it.....bet it will wait 13 days to reboot lol
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    03-31-13 06:38 AM
    Off subject here, but this is another serious issue that needs to be addressed in how the warranty system works here with these carriers.

If you have an iPhone, you can get a genius bar appointment at the local Apple store and have it diagnosed and if it's defective they will give you a replacement right there.

You don't have to have some BS insurance company charging you 7 dollars a month with a deductible to boot to have your device covered. WTF. This is where apple has got their **** together.

If I have a defective product, I should be able to take it back to the carrier I bought it from and get a replacement right there and be able to do this for a year, just like my main competitor Apple has. Or at least have a repair center that I can take it too. Not this BS 14 day return policy along with a 75 dollar restocking fee.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:57 AM
    And I spoke to soon, just rebooted again, I hope ATT open on Easter...
    03-31-13 08:27 AM
    MIne has 2-3 times a day as well. Hate it during the night as I put it in bedside mode...wake up to a black screen because it rebooted in the middle of the night and does not restart bedside mode. VZW Z10 here.
    03-31-13 09:08 AM
    MIne has 2-3 times a day as well. Hate it during the night as I put it in bedside mode...wake up to a black screen because it rebooted in the middle of the night and does not restart bedside mode. VZW Z10 here.
    Mine has only done it at night while in bedside mode. Very frustrating as I then get woken up by a notification. Defeats the purpose. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:30 AM
    I was having random reboots all the time as well. I tried replacing the battery with a new one, and had the same issue. I returned it to the place I bought it, and they gave me a replacement Z10. It's been 8 days so far with my new Z10, and so far haven't had a random reboots yet. I don't know if it is the needed solution for everybody, but it seems to have been the best one for me. I hope BlackBerry provides some answers for this problem, it seems like more and more people are having it (though still seemingly a very small percentage).

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:44 AM