Not that difficult anywhere LOL. You get the money returned.

But see the thing is, it's NOT that easy with all banks. I know a couple of horror stories that have absolutely nothing to do with phones, but with fraud. It haunted them for a very long time. Some are just getting through it. But the bigger point is, while you can get money returned, why even put yourself in that position if you feel like there's going to be a chance of your security being breached? I see more trouble with cases of Android [in more than just banking], than I ever have with RIM or Apple. Just my 2 cents...

I've been banking online since my Palm days. The same safety procedures I used on BB (as you say, checking balances and stuff) are the ones I use on Android.

I bet that previous poster can probably point out several friends and/or family using Android, but not one who had had his/her accounts drained due to Android-specific malware.
    01-12-13 12:49 PM
    Not that difficult actually, at least in France. Anyways, banks have an assurance for this, don't worry : when they give you back your money, they don't lose anything

P.S. Another tip : to check the accounts regularly, it seems that quite often the pirates try to do little insignificant transactions (like some dollars really), only to see if the
    person can notice it quickly, and to continue if the person is not attentive.
    Not all banks will return your money without quibbling. There have been several cases of banks refusing to reimburse accounts even when the user adhered to the banks log in policy. These cases ended up being referred to financial Ombudsman in the UK. This is a PIA!
    There were several peer reviewed scientific papers, most notable ones originating from Stanford and the university of Texas. The vulnerabilities with android relate to inadequate or incorrect use of SSL/TLS protocol libraries. That exposes fdata in online banking,e-mail and instant messaging content.
    BB10's QNX kernal consists of about 150 lines of code whereas Androidks Linux kernel consists of 10 000. Which do you think is easier to hack. It's for that reason I only access my mobile banking with BB's encryption. I have to work to damn hard to allow some miscreant to abscond with my cash!
    01-12-13 01:35 PM
    BB10's QNX kernal consists of about 150 lines of code whereas Androidks Linux kernel consists of 10 000. Which do you think is easier to hack.
    I don't know! But if you expand it further in some comprehensive terms, I'm truly interested.
    I really try to figure out what's so wrong with the Android's security : so far I got that the biggest problem is that Android (or rather the apps?) is constantly connecting to the internet for the data update and that this can be a good occasion for the malware. Am I right?
    01-12-13 01:45 PM
    I don't know! But if you expand it further in some comprehensive terms, I'm truly interested.
    I really try to figure out what's so wrong with the Android's security : so far I got that the biggest problem is that Android (or rather the apps?) is constantly connecting to the internet for the data update and that this can be a good occasion for the malware. Am I right?
    I'll have to defer to more knowledgeable experts on the forum to set you straight.
    01-12-13 02:02 PM
    I expect for most of us here to see serious issues with other platforms. Heck, if you go back far enough in my posting history, you'll see that I used to proclaim the same (LOL).

This is a a little off topic, but I review apps for a living, and so I have downloaded more apps than most people will ever download. I have never downloaded a virus. The day I do, I will re-post here and eat crow.

How do I avoid the numerous Android malware slinking around trying to catch me? Simple, I don't pirate apks. I avoid apps that have body part names as part of the title. I ONLY download apps with plenty of feedback.

Not rocket science... again the same thing I did on other platforms. I bank more comprehensively on my mobile device than I ever did. My main bank is states away.

I say this: for every user, security is paramount; it matters to me. I'm not trying to push someone one way or another; I say stick on the platform you feel safest on. However, if you think Android, the fastest growing OS, has people running around scared of malware, you are mistaken. BTW, all those reports detailing Android malware? Check the source LOL.
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-12-13 02:39 PM
    Not all banks will return your money without quibbling. There have been several cases of banks refusing to reimburse accounts even when the user adhered to the banks log in policy. These cases ended up being referred to financial Ombudsman in the UK. This is a PIA!
    There were several peer reviewed scientific papers, most notable ones originating from Stanford and the university of Texas. The vulnerabilities with android relate to inadequate or incorrect use of SSL/TLS protocol libraries. That exposes fdata in online banking,e-mail and instant messaging content.
    BB10's QNX kernal consists of about 150 lines of code whereas Androidks Linux kernel consists of 10 000. Which do you think is easier to hack. It's for that reason I only access my mobile banking with BB's encryption. I have to work to damn hard to allow some miscreant to abscond with my cash!
    I say it makes sense to only use the platform you feel comfortable with. Also, I will concede that just because it is easy to get stolen money back does not mean it is fun to get hacked.
    01-12-13 02:43 PM
    To say Androids are as safe as BB, in any regard really, is laughable.
    Which is why those silly FIPS guys are a waste of RIM's time.

Loyalty is good LOL. RIM will always have a chance at success.
    01-12-13 02:46 PM
    Which is why those silly FIPS guys are a waste of RIM's time.

Loyalty is good LOL. RIM will always have a chance at success.
    FIPS is a government standard and safety thing?

It's more than just loyalty for me. It's not blind. I only think of them, when I think of reliable. I've had so many phones go to crap, but somehow the 2 different BBs I've had, have endured for a long. That says a lot. I hope they do well though. Even if they do release this phone at a price I can't afford. lol
    01-12-13 02:57 PM
    I expect for most of us here to see serious issues with other platforms. Heck, if you go back far enough in my posting history, you'll see that I used to proclaim the same (LOL).

This is a a little off topic, but I review apps for a living, and so I have downloaded more apps than most people will ever download. I have never downloaded a virus. The day I do, I will re-post here and eat crow.

How do I avoid the numerous Android malware slinking around trying to catch me? Simple, I don't pirate apks. I avoid apps that have body part names as part of the title. I ONLY download apps with plenty of feedback.

Not rocket science... again the same thing I did on other platforms. I bank more comprehensively on my mobile device than I ever did. My main bank is states away.

I say this: for every user, security is paramount; it matters to me. I'm not trying to push someone one way or another; I say stick on the platform you feel safest on. However, if you think Android, the fastest growing OS, has people running around scared of malware, you are mistaken. BTW, all those reports detailing Android malware? Check the source LOL.
    As I stated my source were scientific peer reviewed papers. The most recent one of which originated from the University of Manchester.
    My advice is be patient. It's only a matter of time before major virus attacks start appearing in mobile ecosystems.
    01-12-13 03:03 PM
    FIPS is a government standard and safety thing?

It's more than just loyalty for me. It's not blind. I only think of them, when I think of reliable. I've had so many phones go to crap, but somehow the 2 different BBs I've had, have endured for a long. That says a lot. I hope they do well though. Even if they do release this phone at a price I can't afford. lol
    NOW, IMO, I still say the 83xx series was one of the BEST ever made. My Curves were tanks. I hope they can maintain that with BB10.
    01-12-13 03:15 PM
    NOW, IMO, I still say the 83xx series was one of the BEST ever made. My Curves were tanks. I hope they can maintain that with BB10.
    I've only ever owned a Tour & 9930. Curves always seems to suck honestly lol. I love RIM, but they really make sh*tty entry level devices. But I wouldn't ever get one because they lack the full experience. I do hope that their entry level 10s drop and correct this though.
    01-12-13 03:43 PM
    I would never buy a LG device because their RF and call quality is horrible. I have owned many devices, Motorola androids, HTC, Sony, iPhone4, and I have the Samsung S3. The Bold 9900 beats all those devices in terms of RF and call quality. Motorola used to be the best in that dept. But BlackBerry surpassed Motorola, from my experience. You may not make that many calls. But RF is very important when you're using data. I know someone who bought the Nexus 4 and sold it within hours of owning it because the reception & call quality was really bad.
    01-13-13 11:26 PM
    I would never buy a LG device because their RF and call quality is horrible. I have owned many devices, Motorola androids, HTC, Sony, iPhone4, and I have the Samsung S3. The Bold 9900 beats all those devices in terms of RF and call quality. Motorola used to be the best in that dept. But BlackBerry surpassed Motorola, from my experience. You may not make that many calls. But RF is very important when you're using data. I know someone who bought the Nexus 4 and sold it within hours of owning it because the reception & call quality was really bad.
    I bet he/she made a profit too. Those devices are hard to find.

I like Nexus call quality. Sure beats their previous cheapie phones.
    01-14-13 12:18 AM
    N4 = no LTE
    i do.. ; > still not better then the L-Series... ; >
    01-17-13 03:20 PM
    Why do people always make threads asking for everyone to sway them one way or another? Make your own decision... I am getting a L-series device not because of what the community says but because I want one for me.
    Couldn't agree with you more. For the OP if you are still undecided just send me the correct amount of money and I will know exactly what to spend it on.
    01-22-13 09:35 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more. For the OP if you are still undecided just send me the correct amount of money and I will know exactly what to spend it on.
    And I thought BlackBerry users had more maturity than this. Well done CrackBerry. Well done.
    01-24-13 07:06 AM
    To the OP, I am a die-hard android fan. Been using them for several years now and I typically get a new one as soon as its released. I have been running Nexus phones since the N1. I am the user who installs new ROM's and Kernels nightly. Before my android addiction I was a blackberry user through and through since the inception of the "pearl". As much as I love android, I am first in line to try the Z10. I have no loyalty and I really like what I see from all the youtube videos of how the OS works.
    01-24-13 10:36 AM
    OP, I currently have the Nexus 4. Once the newness wore off, i started to notice the flaws: mediocre battery life, horrible camera, dodgy lPS screen (compared to an iphone). The good points: solid open OS, with timely updates, great design and the low price. The Z10 seem to be the best of both worlds. Great software and hardware i just hope it's not toi expensive so i can get one.
    01-28-13 04:18 AM
43 12