I must be missing something. Is it necessary to always download a pdf when viewing a pdf on the browser? It is cluttering up my storage.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:50 AM
    I must be missing something. Is it necessary to always download a pdf when viewing a pdf on the browser? It is cluttering up my storage.

There's no pdf browser extension for the blackberry browser like you have on your PC, so the file must be downloaded and then launches adobe to be viewed.. that's just the way it is for now. No reason you can't delete the file right after though.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Always has been like that. In case you do not realise it, your PC will also download the pdf - only to a temporary folder that you do not see.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:31 PM
    Yes. Always has been like that. In case you do not realise it, your PC will also download the pdf - only to a temporary folder that you do not see.

Posted via CB10
    I was gonna say the same thing, I have so much garbage on my work computer from opening PDFs in the browser. Thankfully everything else is on network drives, so no way I am filling up my HD.
    07-24-13 12:58 PM
    I use PDFs on a daily basis. I have a Web system on my Z10 to navigate them. Lemme show you what I get:

Reading PDFs-img_20130726.png
    Clicking the top link for service manual (PDF)

Reading PDFs-img_20130727.png
    Message box, asks if I want to open PDF in Adobe Reader

Reading PDFs-img_20130728.png
    PDF open in Browser (button at bottom asking if I want to open it in the Adobe Reader app)

Reading PDFs-img_20130730.png
    File opens in full Adobe Reader

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 02:10 PM
    I was gonna say the same thing, I have so much garbage on my work computer from opening PDFs in the browser. Thankfully everything else is on network drives, so no way I am filling up my HD.
    Check out this page for how to clean up your content.outlook folder:
    Attachments remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File folder when you exit Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2003
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-24-13 02:12 PM
    CCleaner portable no admin rights required.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    07-24-13 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It explains why.

Seems to me though, that a better user experience would be to simply open the pdf for viewing (one touch) and save it to a temporary file that is hidden and cleared on a schedule. If I want to save it then have that as an action.

The current processes of saving then reopening the pdf , then clearing the list and deleting the files is clumsy.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:57 PM