Upon first starting my device 2 weeks ago I hated that the contacts app automatically pulled all my friend data from my social networks , so I went through and deleted most of them. I also didn't understand linking at the time, so for those who I did want on my contacts list, I deleted their other accounts instead of linking them. Is there any way to import this info back? I've already tried turning "Find Friends" off and on again in account settings but that only brings forth new connections, not missing ones. My old FB app used to give me the option to connect individual friends in my friends list with their contact profile on my phone. I'd love to see this feature back!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:37 PM
    You will have to delete and re add the account for all the info to come back

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:40 PM
    I did a test one. I see I can add Social Network fields when I edit contacts. looks like I might have to restart my phone in order for it to sync up or something though, because it's not linking properly yet.
    02-18-13 02:51 PM
    So I've added fields for social networks in my various contacts. This feature doesn't seem to be working yet, however. For example, you enter a Twitter handle in the Twitter field. On my contact's page, if I click that link the Twitter app will open, but that's it - not the person's Twitter account, or a tweet directed about them, etc. Same goes for Facebook and LinkedIn, only the applications will open (at least LinkedIn gives an error message when it can't find the contact). I also ensured that "Find Friends" was turned on for the respective accounts if that would help in syncing, and also restarted my device. I hope BlackBerry becomes aware of this issue, because wasn't the point of the "flow" to be that you can get all your correspondence with one contact in one place?
    02-18-13 03:31 PM