Haven't seen this question asked or discussed anywhere yet. I've thrown a tonne of music onto my Z10 through BB Link... as well as just manually drag and drop wirelessly over the network (awesome!). For some reason.. quite a few of the songs show up under "Unknown" in terms of their artist name, which is annoying when trying to look for a certain song to play. All of my music files are renamed properly on my computer prior to transferring.

I haven't been able to figure out any way to rename songs within BB Link or on my Z10 in the native Music player. Anyone have any suggestions or work-arounds? Any other music apps for the phone? Thanks in advance.
    02-10-13 10:55 PM
    Haven't seen this question asked or discussed anywhere yet. I've thrown a tonne of music onto my Z10 through BB Link... as well as just manually drag and drop wirelessly over the network (awesome!). For some reason.. quite a few of the songs show up under "Unknown" in terms of their artist name, which is annoying when trying to look for a certain song to play. All of my music files are renamed properly on my computer prior to transferring.

I haven't been able to figure out any way to rename songs within BB Link or on my Z10 in the native Music player. Anyone have any suggestions or work-arounds? Any other music apps for the phone? Thanks in advance.
    Use the file manager, open it up, browse to music, hold down on the file and choose the rename option from the slide out menu. Also, as I understand it you're moving the files with BB Link and wirelessly.. have you also tried just mounting your device as a drive and dropping them in the music folder that way to see if the name remains more accurately? If it does, then it might be an issue with BlackBerry Link stripping out the details, in which case that is likely a bug that should get filed.

PowderJockey likes this.
    02-10-13 11:04 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. I didn't even try file manager since editing files on the Playbook with file manager only allows you to delete things. I used to have to to use Air Browser to change file names.

I was going to rename the files like you said... but they are already renamed properly on the device as well when I look at them in the File Manager. What I've noticed is that for some reason... certain songs are left on their own, rather than found in a folder under the artist's name. You can see in my screenshots that the files are named fine and they are just on their own.

Ive attached photos from the File Manager and from the Music app as it is probably difficult to visualize.

Re-Naming Songs on Z10 or in BB Link?-img_00000080.jpg Re-Naming Songs on Z10 or in BB Link?-img_00000081-1-.jpgRe-Naming Songs on Z10 or in BB Link?-img_00000082.jpg
    02-11-13 12:09 PM
    Been trying to work around it by connecting my Z10 to the computer and manually going in and creating new folders wih each artist's name for the ones that continue to show up as "Unknown". What I've noticed though is that all the songs that are doing it seem to be songs I've recently downloaded to my computer using a Youtube to MP3 Converter. Seems like it is not a Z10 issue or a BlackBerry Link issue. Probably something more to do with converting the Youtube file

As you can see in the photo the file names seem to be different from the rest and I cant figure out a way to rename them in order to get the title of the song under the "Title" headed.

Re-Naming Songs on Z10 or in BB Link?-music-folder.jpg
    02-11-13 12:33 PM
    Is it possible to obtain/download the missing album artwork?
    03-02-13 11:39 PM