Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GTiLeo
  • 1 Post By InvalidUser0510
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    283885f5
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rattling Z 10

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a rattling when shaking there Z10 ? Mine Has a little rattle to it and not sure if it is suppose to do that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Rattling Z 10

Mine is not rattling. Did it fall? Are you sure all stuff is inserted properly?
    CrackBerry Addict

Probably not supposed for do that

Well mine doesn't

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Mine is not doing this at all. Are you sure like the other user said you did not drop it or did not insert everything properly?

If those are fine, then take it back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

Mine doesn't do that either.

You should bring it back in case it turns in to a major fault. I would.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miktro View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a rattling when shaking there Z10 ? Mine Has a little rattle to it and not sure if it is suppose to do that.
    Mine has a small rattle as well. It comes from somewhere at the top of the phone. If I tap the back of the case at the bottom...no rattle. Tap the back of the case at the top and there's a definite rattle. Nothing appears to be wrong with the phone so far!
    CrackBerry Genius

tehre are buttons on the top and side, they tend to move around when you place the phone on a desk or soemthing, my 9900 used to do it, too with the lock and volume rockers

but one thing you also have to remember is there are two pins for the NFC antenna that are on springs to press against the antenna contacts, this is more then liekly the "rattleing" you're hearing
    M.Rizk likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

mine is rattling as well, its coming from the top. when i tap the back i can hear it rather annoying.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

Camera auto focus
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ya mine rattles towards the top as well if you tap it on the back with the cover off. It's kind of unsettling.I was thinking of maybe taking it back and seeing if this was a problem.

Sigh...does no one bother searching? this was covered before and it seems every new smartphone gets this same complaint. This is an issue caused by the auto focus mechanism in the camera. MOST NEW PHONES HAVE THIS. Pick up a Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Galaxy S3. They ALL rattle. If someone tells you theirs doesn't, it's because they're not testing the proper spot on the phone or they just can't hear it. Every single Z10 rattles. It is not a defect.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUser0510 View Post
    Sigh...does no one bother searching? this was covered before and it seems every new smartphone gets this same complaint. This is an issue caused by the auto focus mechanism in the camera. MOST NEW PHONES HAVE THIS. Pick up a Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Galaxy S3. They ALL rattle. If someone tells you theirs doesn't, it's because they're not testing the proper spot on the phone or they just can't hear it. Every single Z10 rattles. It is not a defect.
    Link?

Google "IPhone 5 Rattle" or "Nexus 4 Rattle" etc. There are literally 100s of threads about this. There was another thread on crackberry earlier, but obviously the OP didn't bother searching before starting another thread...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Well thank god it is just an annoying noise that people have to live with and not something wrong with the phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine is doing it to, only hear it when I put the phone down on a table. Slight rattling noise up by the camera. Good to know that other people are having the same sound, nothing appears to be wrong with the phone so far!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

I guess I didn't make it clear enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    Camera auto focus
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    tehre are buttons on the top and side, they tend to move around when you place the phone on a desk or soemthing, my 9900 used to do it, too with the lock and volume rockers

but one thing you also have to remember is there are two pins for the NFC antenna that are on springs to press against the antenna contacts, this is more then liekly the "rattleing" you're hearing
    I found this thread because I was hearing the same sound. I could only hear it when the back cover was off though. And you're right about it being the nfc pins, thanks! I held the pins down gently with my finger and shook my z10 lightly and couldn't hear a thing.