Soulja boy ditched his z10 within weeks

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. He tweeted his PIN a few days ago and even commented on the BBM cross platform announcement.
    05-15-13 10:11 PM
    As a marketer, BlackBerry needs to look at the celebrity on a personal level. The characteristics of the individual must align with the goals of the marketing plan.

So, it's not a good idea to sign any celebrity just because they use the product. You can bump into what an earlier poster said about Rick Ross getting dropped by Reebok. You can't control what the celebrity does. If they decide to do something stupid like getting busted drinking and driving then it looks bad on the business that signed them. The celebrity is an extension of the promotional activities of the business.

Alicia Keys was a great sign up because her professionalism is what BlackBerry wants to display. She's all class and intelligent.

So paying a rapper endorse a product is probably a dumb move because rappers tend to do dumb things. But athletes too, example Lance Armstrong. So BlackBerry needs to be careful who they partner with.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-15-13 10:29 PM
    Most of my favorite rappers are dead, so it wouldn't do any good for me for Drake (whoever that is) to endorse BB10. Nevertheless, if he's popular, then the more sponsors the better.
    Drake is the dullest, flattest unpoetic rapper poser I have ever heard. Mr. Flat monotone. Started from the bottom, my a**. He's from a rich white Jewish family. Far from the bottom.

From Zed to U via CB10
    05-15-13 11:39 PM
    Drake is not the typical rapper tho, and his music is pretty good to me. I would sign him up, his following is huge. Most of you know nothing about him and are just quick to judge

Posted via CB10
    Don't need to know much about him. He's a rapper that raps about objectifying women and drug use. Not a good corp image.

I'm not hating on Drake, I like some of his songs but like I said two different world's that don't mix.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:27 AM
    As a marketer, BlackBerry needs to look at the celebrity on a personal level. The characteristics of the individual must align with the goals of the marketing plan.

So, it's not a good idea to sign any celebrity just because they use the product. You can bump into what an earlier poster said about Rick Ross getting dropped by Reebok. You can't control what the celebrity does. If they decide to do something stupid like getting busted drinking and driving then it looks bad on the business that signed them. The celebrity is an extension of the promotional activities of the business.

Alicia Keys was a great sign up because her professionalism is what BlackBerry wants to display. She's all class and intelligent.

So paying a rapper endorse a product is probably a dumb move because rappers tend to do dumb things. But athletes too, example Lance Armstrong. So BlackBerry needs to be careful who they partner with.

Posted via CB10
    What an awesomely thoughtful comment. Agreed, any brand must carefully control its message, and any celeb associations are a major part of messaging. I also agree that Alicia Keys was a VERY good choice.

I would say, though, that Drake wouldn't be a bad choice if they decided to fill out the portfolio with someone a little edgier. He's generally respected and liked. He'd be a WAAAAY better choice than Justin Bieber, for instance; Bieber has tons of fans, but he's also an extremely polarizing personality who could push away as many sales as he might attract.
    05-16-13 12:37 AM
    I never understood why Justin Bieber is a polarizing character. I like his music. I never confuse artists too much with their art.
    05-16-13 07:46 AM
    Drake has his picture plastered over Virgin Airline planes. So who is saying he is a bad endorsement?? Someone tell Sir Richard that!! Are you going to walk off a plane if you show up to the airport and hop on one of his many endorsed Virgin flights that have Drake all over it inside and out?

Drake is one of the largest music celebrities and it doesn't hurt that he's from Toronto Much better endorsement then Bieber.. Oh and it's not rap it's poetry lol

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:14 AM
    Are you going to walk off a plane if you show up to the airport and hop on one of his many endorsed Virgin flights that have Drake all over it inside and out?

Posted via CB10
    As a matter if fact yes that's exactly what I would do haha. I'm serious.
    05-16-13 08:37 AM
    It would be interesting for them to have drake do a keep moving project,
    Idea is seeing that drake uses his blackberry to write his lyrics, he can have a keep moving project about recording a couple songs the whole process

Flicked From CB10 On My Z10
    05-16-13 09:13 AM
    I really dislike "Fake" (and that's putting it nicely) but any popular exposure is good exposure.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:20 AM
    I have said this hella times. Why didn't they get Drake instead of Alicia Keys.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:21 AM
    Somebody salty. You sir/mrs are a hater.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:23 AM
    I didn't know Drake is Canadian lol

Posted via CB10
    Shhhh...Please don't tell anyone...

From Zed to U via CB10
    05-16-13 01:06 PM
    That would require smart thinking on BlackBerry's part, which they likely won't implement. Even if it were a great idea and option, someone up there in Waterloo has their own self-contained agenda, and that will ultimately kill the product I love so much. It sucks, but it likely won't hit them until it's too late.

Who cares if there's a huge market that likes Drake? BlackBerry doesn't know what it wants. It's sad. If they were as aggressive/innovative/market-aware as Google or Apple, the revolution would have started in late-2011.

I'm just frustrated with it all right now.
    05-16-13 01:12 PM
    Rap and business never mix...either you're a fake rapper like Will Smith or your content isn't business appropriate. You can't mix the two worlds but you can enjoy them both.
    What's a "Fake" rapper?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:21 PM
    Whatever Will Smith does

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 12:55 AM
    That would require smart thinking on BlackBerry's part, which they likely won't implement. Even if it were a great idea and option, someone up there in Waterloo has their own self-contained agenda, and that will ultimately kill the product I love so much. It sucks, but it likely won't hit them until it's too late.

Who cares if there's a huge market that likes Drake? BlackBerry doesn't know what it wants. It's sad. If they were as aggressive/innovative/market-aware as Google or Apple, the revolution would have started in late-2011.

I'm just frustrated with it all right now.
    Do you know what BlackBerry's marketing plan is? How can you even know that Drizzzzzy fits into their promotional campaign?

Armchair marketers are the best. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:25 PM
    He's the guy who drinks cough syrup all day. Used to date Rihanna. Was the wheelchair kid on Degrassi. And by all accounts a jerk.

Posted via CB10
    lmao

But on the real, he has marketing influence. Young Money would want to much tho.
    05-22-13 03:49 PM
    Swaq Alert!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 04:26 PM
    Do you know what BlackBerry's marketing plan is? How can you even know that Drizzzzzy fits into their promotional campaign?

Armchair marketers are the best. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    So...how'd that turn out?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-24-13 07:30 AM
    Who???

Pass...

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-24-13 07:54 AM
    Yeah I agree Alicia Keys did nothing, Drake would of had blackberry popping by now

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:58 AM
    Well I was ganna say no he sucks but nvm at least he is Canadian lol

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:22 AM
    Drake is flaw.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-24-13 08:29 AM
74 123