Had my TMob 100-3 Z10 for just over a year, going back to 10.0. Stuck with the OTA updates, no leaks, currently on 10.2.1.2228 (release .2156) which I've been running since it came out without any issues - that is, until recently.

I purchased a 4500mah extended battery back in late March which was performing great for the first few weeks - anywhere from 36-48 hrs on a charge with regular use. Then, about 3-4 weeks ago a couple of strange occurrences - I was rocking along with a steady consistent drain on the battery when the reported charge plummeted. I had just checked it and it was in the 50% range, and not more than 5 minutes later the "Battery is less than 20 percent" warning popped up while I was checking email. Looked at the usage and sure enough it showed a straight line down. I went ahead and continued running the battery down to 0%, at which point it promptly shut off - which in itself was strange, because I usually get at least a couple more hours thanks to the known inaccuracy with extended batteries. Gave it a full charge and it seemed to be back to normal for a few days, then it repeated the anomaly, this time when I wasn't using the phone at the time (I just noticed the straight-line drain in the usage stats again).

Now to the subject : while the sudden drain hasn't recurred in the past 3 weeks, the phone has started rebooting at random, usually just after I've been using it (voice, text or browsing), but occasionally its been in the middle of a reboot when I pull it out of my pocket.

I never had this problem prior to using the extended battery, nor did I notice it prior to the mysterious power drains occurred, although this may be mere coincidence. I'm going to go back to my OEM 1800mah battery and see what happens - in the meantime, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 12:04 PM
    I have a pair of stock batteries. The older one causes reboots, the newer does not. So, in my case. battery.
    06-03-14 12:34 PM