I haven't had this problem for more than a year. When I first got my Z10 it was randomly rebooting all the time. After an OS update they stopped.

Random reboots are happening to my Z10 again. So far today my Z10 has rebooted 3 times, and that's only the ones I've noticed.

I haven't done an OS update recently. The only recent changes to my phone have been a few apps that I've update through BlackBerry World. I'm running Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141.

Any thoughts on how I can get this to stop?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-24-14 10:08 PM
    Do hard reset pull battery. Check battery door is tighten and battery contact is loose.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:25 PM
    Do hard reset pull battery. Check battery door is tighten and battery contact is loose.

Posted via CB10
    I thought with the Z10 you weren't supposed to do battery pulls?

09-24-14 10:58 PM
    I thought with the Z10 you weren't supposed to do battery pulls?

I would only do a battery pull when the phone is off unless there was no other choice. But if I were you I'd give it a couple of days, it may be rebooting from some network stimulus. About a month ago I was driving along the freeway and my phone restarted three times. Then was fine. Later I learned there was some power outage and apparently caused the restarts as my towers went on and off. Is that OS you listed an OS for a branded carrier phone?
    09-24-14 11:07 PM
    I would only do a battery pull when the phone is off unless there was no other choice. But if I were you I'd give it a couple of days, it may be rebooting from some network stimulus. About a month ago I was driving along the freeway and my phone restarted three times. Then was fine. Later I learned there was some power outage and apparently caused the restarts as my towers went on and off.
    OK. I'll try it a couple of days.

Is that OS you listed an OS for a branded carrier phone?
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly. It's not a leaked OS if that's what you're asking.

09-25-14 12:04 AM
    See if any of your apps are DROID and running in the background when shutdown.
    Skype and a radar app did this to me. Deleted them, rebooted and the issue has not returned

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-25-14 07:44 AM
    You can try placing a piece of a paper opposite the battery contact end of the battery to shim it in case the battery is a bit loose.

type

myver (press spacebar)

when replying using CB10.
    River S. likes this.
    09-25-14 09:26 AM
    I as well placed a small piece of tape on my battery to shim it better in the phone so its more snug. Since doing this iv never occurred another random reboot.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    River S. likes this.
    09-25-14 10:59 AM
    See if any of your apps are DROID and running in the background when shutdown.
    Skype and a radar app did this to me. Deleted them, rebooted and the issue has not returned

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    How do I check if they are Android ports?

If I recall correctly the apps that I updated through BlackBerry World were BlackBerry Beta Zone, Chive On, and Connect to Dropbox.

None of them were new installs, just updates.

Thanks for the help.

09-25-14 12:03 PM
    You can try placing a piece of a paper opposite the battery contact end of the battery to shim it in case the battery is a bit loose.

type

myver (press spacebar)

when replying using CB10.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141

09-25-14 12:04 PM
    I got random reboots (1st ones) after a year. Used piece of paper to secure battery. Never happened again.
    09-25-14 01:03 PM
    I picked up my Z10 yesterday and noticed the "SIM Services" icon was on the first page of icons.

For some reason it always moves to the first page when I reboot the phone. But this time I hadn't rebooted the phone. I checked the "Last boot time" in the system info page somewhere and it indicated that the last boot was a few days prior.

So I honestly don't know if it rebooted itself. Do you guys see the boot date change to when it rebooted itself?
    09-25-14 01:18 PM
    I picked up my Z10 yesterday and noticed the "SIM Services" icon was on the first page of icons.

For some reason it always moves to the first page when I reboot the phone. But this time I hadn't rebooted the phone. I checked the "Last boot time" in the system info page somewhere and it indicated that the last boot was a few days prior.

So I honestly don't know if it rebooted itself. Do you guys see the boot date change to when it rebooted itself?
    How do you check the last boot time?

I know it rebooted itself because I was using it and the screen suddenly went black and then the startup screen came on.

09-25-14 07:47 PM
    I was able to find where it shows last boot time in the settings then about and then hardware.

It shows the last boot time was: September 24th at 11:00:43PM, which is when I noticed the phone rebooting itself.

09-25-14 08:07 PM
    I was able to find where it shows last boot time in the settings then about and then hardware.

It shows the last boot time was: September 24th at 11:00:43PM, which is when I noticed the phone rebooting itself.

sent to your device to BlackBerry authorised agent for checking. Option solution , Did you try swipe factory?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:25 AM
    Battery pulls should not be needed. But once you've tried a hard reset and the odd behavior continues, won't hurt to try.

You mentioned running beta zone stuff. Might want to remove any beta apps though an app triggering a reboot would be rare I'd think.

Might want to look in the app analyzer and see what's chewing the most CPU time.
    09-26-14 03:12 AM

Maybe it's stopped. Have seen that before.
    09-26-14 07:29 AM
    Yeah I'm noticing this too. I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.2.1531 and it restarts in my pocket sometimes. Not as my as the OP but maybe once every few days vs never before!

Might have to upgrade to a 10.3 leak if this continues.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:43 PM
    My Z10 has been randomly rebooting since couple weeks ago. Placing a piece a thin plastic on the battery solves the problem.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:29 PM