Was with a bbry guy today @ blackberry center.
    Talked about it and he also had it.
    He told me that a lot of ported apps are stil not coded well and this causes the problem. (he thinks).
    It's hard to find out what app causes the reboots because there are a lot of ported apps.

All i can say for myself is : deleted waze and crackberry app - no more reboots.

We will have to wait what an update does. ( i just did the 10.99 update) .

Enjoying my Brand New blackberry z10
    04-11-13 04:35 PM
    Was with a bbry guy today @ blackberry center.
    Talked about it and he also had it.
    He told me that a lot of ported apps are stil not coded well and this causes the problem. (he thinks).
    It's hard to find out what app causes the reboots because there are a lot of ported apps.

All i can say for myself is : deleted waze and crackberry app - no more reboots.

We will have to wait what an update does. ( i just did the 10.99 update) .

Enjoying my Brand New blackberry z10
    One of the things in the new update is "...and support for third party applications", so hopefully it'll help with apps rebooting some people's Z10.
    04-11-13 07:09 PM
    One of the things in the new update is "...and support for third party applications", so hopefully it'll help with apps rebooting some people's Z10.
    Well, if it from apps, the update didn't help. Woke up this morning to see one of my Z10's had rebooted about an hour before I got up.
    04-12-13 08:47 AM
    1) the os isn't supposed to let an app crash it. If an app can crash it, then it is an OS bug.

2) my first 2 reboots happened before i installed any extra apps, even via app world. First reboot was while using hub. So, in my case, if its an app problem, then it's one of the stock apps, == OS problem.

I suspect that this is a case of hardware which isn't bad, but may have some occasional exceptions which the OS doesn't handle properly. It really feels to me like my case is an issue with the storage subsystem...but i can't come up with evidence other than that the behavior is similar to a windows machine i had which had a bad ssd and was randomly restarting because an infrequently used part of the OS was in a defective part of the disk, and also similar to a batch of 200 servers i had which randomly rejected their hard disks due to a firmware bug which didn't properly remap bad hard disk sectors when they occurred...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:06 AM
    1) the os isn't supposed to let an app crash it. If an app can crash it, then it is an OS bug.

2) my first 2 reboots happened before i installed any extra apps, even via app world. First reboot was while using hub. So, in my case, if its an app problem, then it's one of the stock apps, == OS problem.

I suspect that this is a case of hardware which isn't bad, but may have some occasional exceptions which the OS doesn't handle properly. It really feels to me like my case is an issue with the storage subsystem...but i can't come up with evidence other than that the behavior is similar to a windows machine i had which had a bad ssd and was randomly restarting because an infrequently used part of the OS was in a defective part of the disk, and also similar to a batch of 200 servers i had which randomly rejected their hard disks due to a firmware bug which didn't properly remap bad hard disk sectors when they occurred...

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure Blackberry is on it. They have people posting about it on their forum boards also.
    04-12-13 08:10 PM
    I had the issue of my Z10's battery completely draining in bedside mode for the past 2 nights. Even though I would have a full battery before I went to bed, somehow it drained and was dead .and had to reboot when I woke up. Also my emails weren't coming through the hub as normal.

Scoured the forums for a solution and came across this thread and thought for a minute,"I downloaded a particular app -Marble Blast- the day all these problems started". So I uninstalled it last night, charged and put it in bedside mode and it was fine the following morning. Certain apps may be the problem when it comes to glitches like this.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:22 AM
31 12