I was a die hard physical keyboard BlackBerry user until I bought this BlackBerry Z10 on February 5th. When responding with a long email I often revert to two handed grip but for most typing one-handed is enough. The weight of the smartphone should be been decreased by 10%-15% for optimal one-handed use.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-11-13 09:27 PM
    Switched from the Bold 9900 too. Been a long time BlackBerry user who just couldn't part with a physical keyboard. I'm not an apps junkie. I need a proper phone that allows me to craft long emails on the go. The Z10 is perfect.

I just typed all of the above using only the thumbs. In less than a minute I reckon.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:34 PM
    [QUOTE=1TIME;810674
    1.However for those of you who switched from a QWERTY device to a Z10, how is the keyboard on it?

2. is it as fast as typing on QWERTY?

3.Also do you get any strain when typign out long e mail on a touch screen?

4. Any opinions from people who transitioned from QWERTY to Z10 would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

1. I like the keyboard, came over from the bold and a curve.

2. With practice it can be as good as qwerty keyboard

3. I haven't yet.

4. Once I found I got use to the keyboard it was as good as a qwerty one.

Matt.
    03-11-13 09:44 PM
    If it were not for the top notch auto correct I would not be happy with the Z10. I hate the keyboard on my wife's iPhone.

I amazed how good a job blackberry did with the keyboard. It rocks and I can honestly say I can live with this long term. After 2 or 3 days I was used to it and I am a Z10 convert!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:50 PM
    1. After it learns how you type, I'd say it's perfect. You have to give it about three days.
    2. Faster for me.
    3. No strain at all. You have to get used to hitting the screen with a softer pressure. The lighter your touch, the easier it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:26 PM
    Hey everyone,

I've been a die hard BB fan and I'm in love with the keyboard on my 9900. I've heard nothing but great things about the Z10 keyboard and more screen real estate would be nice.

1.However for those of you who switched from a QWERTY device to a Z10, how is the keyboard on it?

4. Any opinions from people who transitioned from QWERTY to Z10 would be appreciated.
    1. I came from 9810 and to me the Z10 has the best virtual keyboard.

2. I can type as fast as was with the qwerty.

3. Haven't typed on that was that long.

4. I was one of the ones who was never going to go fill touch, but the Z10 changed my mind. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-11-13 11:30 PM
    I always said I would stick to qwerty but was too anxious to get bb10. At first I thought I should have waited for the q10 but after a day or two I honestly don't regret it. Z10 keyboard is amazing and quick even with one thumb.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-11-13 11:39 PM
    Coming from a 9900 I thought I would have to get the q10. Now with the z10, I'm never going back to a qwerty device again. I believe I'm faster on the z than I ever was on my 9900. At least way more accurate with the auto correct tailored to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:47 PM
    It takes all the good things about the physical keyboard on the bold 9900 and improves it. You heard me improves it. The keyboard types like lightning. The only thing I miss is the down and dirty keyboard shortcuts but you rarely miss it because of how fast the hub peek and flow systems work on the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:04 AM
    1 Keyboard is excellent specially with the word suggestions that you can swipe up and shows numbers when you are entering passwords.

2. Its a bit slow for me as I used the QWERTY for a long long time. Getting used to the touch screen will be n effort but with some practice it can be fast.

3 No Strain.Specially when using the word suggestions which reduces the time spent typing the mail.

I had a tourch 9800 before this. It was the only phone that was a touch screen with a QWERTY keyboard. I think the new keyboard is good enough for me to change to touch keyboards.
    03-12-13 12:35 AM
    Me simultaneously using 9900 and Z10. The fact is The Bold still my work-horse. With Z10 having lots of fun and loving it, but when it comes to "Doing the Job", that's 9900 time.

Z10 keyboard is the best touch screen keyboard, don't think any competition here.

No, at least for me, when comes to typing, Z10 can't compare to BlackBerry full qwerty.

I'll put it this way - Z10 the best full touch screen device for hard-die full qwerty fanboy.

Posted via CB10
    sirk25 likes this.
    03-12-13 01:39 AM
    I love love loved my qwerty but I have gotten used to the touch screen and like it now. Yes I can't type as fast as on my 9900 but I am getting better.

Accuracy is not bad

Now if I want to be quick I just use my apple wireless keyboard and bam I get the best of both worlds. Full keyboard typing speed and a bigger screen than if I was still on my 9900.

Bottom line, I won't go back to a qwerty

My eyes are going and the larger screen is welcomed.

Black is best Z10!
    03-12-13 02:39 AM
    Typing on a physical qwerty keyboard and typing on a virtual one are really two different experiences that are probably incomparable. Just for the sake of typing, nothing compares to a qwerty. However with a qwerty, you have to sacrifice on the size and the 16:9 ratio of the screen, which gives you better reading, gaming and entertainment experiences than the square screens that are usually standard on a qwerty device.

All in all, Z10 is a great phone, though there are tons of improvements to be made with the OS and essential apps. The virtual keyboard on the Z10 is actually pretty good once you get the hang of it. Remember, the auto correction and the word suggestion functions are really helpful. You don't have to be 100 percent precise when typing, 9 out of 10 times Z10 will automatically correct your typing mistakes.

I would recommend the switch.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 08:17 AM
    I've come from being a diehard Bold 9900 user. Although I miss the tactile sensation of the physical keyboard, and the Bold is the best, I've got to say that I'm finding that I can type just as quickly if not quicker with the Z10. I tend to use the swipe up feature more when I type one handed, whereas with 2 thumbs I power type and the auto correct does the rest

Also, living and working in Italy, i have to type in 2 languages, so the multi language feature is a massive bonus!

All in all, never thought I'd love the touch keyboard, but I've been thoroughly converted

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-12-13 08:25 AM
    I came from the 9900 and have had at least 8 previous Blackberry devices and I have absolutely no regrets. At first I was apprehensive as I had never been a touchscreen keyboard fan, but Blackberry went above and beyond with the Z10.

I'm now over a month into using it (I was at the Bell store door waiting for it to open on Feb 5th) and I can honestly say I would never go back to a physical keyboard. The auto-correct and word suggestions are amazing - almost scary actually. I've composed several emails where the z10 seems to know what I'm going to write next even before I do - I wore a tin-foil hat for a little while until someone explained how the device "learns" your words and patterns

I don't think you'll be seeing embarrassing auto-correct screenshots from a Blackberry on any of the humour sites.
    03-12-13 08:42 AM
    I can type like a motha on my z10! Much faster then my 9810. Secret is don't look, just type....as fast as your fingers can, don't worry about the mistakes, it will magically correct them ......correctly
    Same here. Got mine on Friday. Coming from a 9900, I just find that you don't need to type accurately at all so just let the your fingers go and the Z10 will figure it out. After 4 days only, I'm back to the same typing speed as on my 9900.
    03-12-13 08:55 AM
    I came from the 9900 and I have to say, I really do find it difficult and a pain in the azz at times to type on the Z10. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the phone and all and I couldn't wait for the Q10, so I got the Z10 when it came out in Canada and gave it a shot. I already had a misconception that I didn't like typing on touch screens, (wife's iphone and sons S3) But I was willing to give it a try. I heard so many good things about the Z10 keyboard, and it may be the best touch screen one out there, but I don't think it is for me. I find I am slower, sending fewer texts and emails and just get frustrated with the having to back space so much more and correct. The auto correct drives me crazy some times and changes the words totally wrong so I am not sure how people are gettign 99% accuracy. Maybe I am doing it all wrong? I do miss the feel of my 9900 in my hand and for typing. I will be getting a Q10 to compare and see if that fits my needs but I admit I do love the larger screen on the Z10. This seems like a bigger step then when I went from a T9 phone to my 1st Berry. I do find the Z10 a bit awkward in my hands when holding it to type and therefore causing some strain in my hands. I am sticking to it and maybe it will come to me soon and I will adapt.
    1TIME likes this.
    03-12-13 10:00 AM
    Hey everyone,

I've been a die hard BB fan and I'm in love with the keyboard on my 9900. I've heard nothing but great things about the Z10 keyboard and more screen real estate would be nice.

4. Any opinions from people who transitioned from QWERTY to Z10 would be appreciated.
    There's a Poll on this subject here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-769006/
    03-12-13 11:19 AM
43 12