• 1 Post By kpbutton
  • 2 Post By BerryGuy4040
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Questions regarding text messaging on the Z10

Hi all,

So I read a really great review on here regarding the experience of the Z10. One thing that shocked me was that the member said when you try to open the text messaging app, there isn't one. It brings you to the hub, which I understand and am ok with, possibly. My questions is to those who have the Z10, can you still sort through your text conversations with different people. On my 9900, I love how it lists my conversations and sorts them by date, I will go back frequently to check out what was said or to recall the details of a conversation. Is this still possible to see this when you select to show text messages only in the hub?

I would love to own a new Z10, but I want to make sure that I can do everything that I can currently do on my Bold 9900, which I think is an awesome phone. That's for another section of the forum however.

Thanks a bunch, just joined and loving it here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Yes, you can sort through all of your messages by type and everything is done chronologically from there. The search is really good within the OS if you are looking for something specific.

Posted via CB10
    BillyBreathes likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The hub is an integrated inbox which contains whatever you want it to contain. You can choose from among BBM, any of your emails accounts, and text messages. If you enter the hub you will see messages from all these sources. If you use the text message icon to go to texting, you are taken to the text message tab within the hub. All you see are your text message conversations. You can arrange these messages exactly the same as in your 9900. From this view your can select an ongoing conversation to read it over or continue chatting. Or there is a compose icon at the bottom to start a new conversation.
    The Z10 is a lightning fast phone. There are some shortcomings which you can read about in other threads, but overall I have been very impressed. For me, there are no fatal flaws.
    Thanked by 2:
    BillyBreathes (02-25-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (02-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks so much guys, that's exactly what I was wondering.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

When in the Hub, you can select the Hub symbol on the lower left. This allows to select any one section or part of the Hub instead of all of the Hub together as one list. In Hub management when selecting the three dots, you can in the Hub Setup, select what accounts you want to show in the Hub. In the three dot menu you can select one of a number of criteria you require for operation of the Hub section and to manage it.

The design is very well thought out and is easy to manage once you learn it. It took me about twenty minutes to learn how to find my way around in the phone. After the first hour of playing around with the menus I started to find it easy and very logical for using. The built in help system works very well and has good details for most things. You can search any section you are in, or search the whole phone.

As for my own opinion and also what I have been reading, many people are saying this is the best cell phone ever designed and made. As for its vertual keyboard most people love it. At this time it is the most technologically designed phone on the market. Over time there will be software releases to expand its capability.

I tried many phones with a vertual keyboard. I found the Z10 to be the best of the best. The Sony, HTC, and Samsung came sort of close but not there. But, these three are using very much the same internal technology and design for their phones. They are also good quality phones, but I will stick to the Blackberry.
    Jerry G.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Have you found this to happen on your Z10. There is an anomoly of uncertainty regarding texts notification and, less frequently, phone notification in the Hub Management sub menu.

Indeed, then, new texts are nor displayed on the 'Blackberry Hub'.

Haphazardly, the 'Text Messages' button will slide to 'Off' in the Hub sub window "Hub Management."

This "Off" setting sometimes happens when making setting changes in another application. It is really quite unpredictable.