Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ayo312
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Questions for the first day UK buyers

When you bought your phone, was there anyone else either lined up or in the store you went to who were also buying a Z10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

No and I went to 6 shops on our high street.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

just went to carphonewarehouse to play with the Z10, not in stock and the girl had no clue about bb10
    CrackBerry User

Carphone Warehouse in Strand London said it was sold out!!!! and that was at 10 AM. Not pissed but pleased for my fellow CrackBerrys
    CrackBerry User

O2 near St Pauls had a some people requesting it. I got the salesman to turn the demo app off (it restricts what you can do so you can experience 'flow' and the hub). Had a play and enjoyed it, stupidly fast and easy to pick up; the keyboard impressed me alot, although it was just english loaded on the model I used.

Asked the guy about demand, he said 'alot of people are trying it but say they will see what the Q10 is like before making the plung, 4-5 have bought it but it looks like good device'.

All in all pretty positive
    djrupey likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

nope went to 3uk - no demo phone or stock for a month
    went to orange and tmobile and they had 2 or three people in there just browsing phones, still no z10 demo phone (although they had the little information sheet on the table where its supposed to be next to the dummy phone in its cradle saying avaliable today) wasnt happy
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry User

Ordered mine online with phones4u, arrives tomorrow :-)

They have a PB give away for the first 250 orders, have no ideas if I was one of them yet though...
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

I walked into my local Carphone Warehouse store about 9am this morning, and the place was empty... just me, and the staff playing with a Z10 demo model.

They were quite surprised that I knew more about the phone than they did. Not sure how many they had in stock, but I was the first purchaser.

They had a good selection of Z10 cases in too, and even threw in a free black flip shell for me... which was nice
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry User

Went into my local CPW at lunchtime and they were sold out. I didn't ask how many they had to start with though!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Local CPW didn't have any (2 stores in my area) but Phones4U had plenty. And a display model - it had the retail app on, but if you held the key to active voice control, you could access the rest of the phone
    CrackBerry User

EE in Plymouth - not many people there but I was not the only one getting a Z10. A staff member was also sent to the store I was at to get stock for another store as they'd sold out. :-) All staff members commenting on how fluid the new OS was and how they were happily surprised!
    CrackBerry Abuser

The CPW in Harrow was empty. Mind you, I did get there as soon as they opened! And the two sale assistants were both playing with the demo model of the Z10. Also had it in White, which was slightly strange as apparently only Phones4U were meant to have them. However, everybody was impressed with the demo and I am a happy owner of one!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Dunno. Ordering online and collecting in store tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,651 Global Posts

o2 and phones4u has working units. cpw didnt have anything!
    the phone is very zippy, but i noticed the back on the working units feel different to the back on the dummy units.
    neither are as good as the playbook back imo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    -)

How much does it cost in the UK the UNLOCKED Z10? where should I buy it? is there any "Blackberry Store" or what? I have an uncle there, so I willing to send him for me lol :P
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nic0ck View Post
    How much does it cost in the UK the UNLOCKED Z10? where should I buy it? is there any "Blackberry Store" or what? I have an uncle there, so I willing to send him for me lol :P
    Ł479 from Carphone Warehouse or Phones 4U.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    -)

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Ł479 from Carphone Warehouse or Phones 4U.
    thanks for the info! is it available everywhere in the UK or just England?

Do you know which (what?) antennas does it use?

I believe here in Argentina we use 850 and 1900. Will it work properly?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

After the Carphonewarehouse stopped selling sim free phones I check with one of their Glasgow store. They confirmed that. So walked into phones4u. A lady had the device which she wanted to check out. Well I bought it within 5 minutes and am happy with this.
    CrackBerry User

Default Sim free or Contract

I am thinking of getting Z10 sim free, ( i have never purchased a sim free phone before),I wanted to ask what happens if the phone develops a fault. Do i send it back to blackberry and is there customer service good, how long would it take to get a the phone back or support from them. Whilst it works out more expensive to have the phone on contract, you get next day exchange.
    any advice is appreciated.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Hey. You can take it back to whoever you bought it from or you can phone BlackBerry directly for support. (
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Your purchase contract is with the store or company from where you buy it, so you would have to return it to the place that you purchased it from initially.. depending on what their policy is, or you could return it to BlackBerry (Keep in mind if you buy out of country, then you may have to return it to Blackberry in country of purchase)
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    50251ACB

Got my first ever BB phone and I have to say its a lovely bit of kit. When I was in the shop another guy was buying one, this was Saturday at 10AM. The phone is great and the surprise for me was USB mass storage, there are too many reviews about it with misinformation being given.

The demo Z10 model in store does it no justice, although the woman in store was very good, she soon realised I knew a little more than she did, but none the less she was clued up. I wouldnt buy one without playing with a real phone, which they did and I bought.

In short, It is a very good phone....am pleasantly surprised and the OS is fabulous
    CrackBerry User

I am in London, and Phones4U and CPW both say they offer 28 days support and after that period you have to deal direct with blackberry. ( send the phone back to them, i trod calling BB to ask them about the support but couldn't get through to anyone with a support ticket.) Has anyone, here had experience dealing direct with BB and what is their service like?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by tinker2000 View Post
    The phone is great and the surprise for me was USB mass storage, there are too many reviews about it with misinformation being given.
    Can you expand on this? Are you able to connect the phone to a USB device (thumb drive or hard drive) and use it?