I got 4 at the moment:

1. Is it going to be a switch device wizard to transfer all my data to BB10 ?
    2. Would the data for password keeper in OS7 or less be transferred automatically?
    3. Is there going to be a way to import google map favorites into BB10 map program?
    4. Can we use the sim card from a device running OS7 or less in BB10?
    11-03-12 07:14 AM
    1. Probably not (Maybe they can use backed up information tied to your BBID, so that when you register your new device, it asks if you want to xfer some stuff over? I don't know)
    2. Good question, not sure. Like your first, it's not something that can be answered right now. We need more information.
    3. Going to have to wait for that one too.
    4. Probably not, because the new devices will be using Roger's LTE Micro SIM, and OS7 devices use the regular SIMs.
    11-03-12 09:33 AM
    BB protect should be able to do all the major data transfer without any issue.
    I am not sure about 3rd party apps
    11-03-12 09:35 AM
    Up so crackberry team can see this... and maybe ask theirbcontacts in RIM, we all know how important it is to have a painless device switchig experience to adopt a new phone.
    11-03-12 01:54 PM
    I got 4 at the moment:

1. Is it going to be a switch device wizard to transfer all my data to BB10 ?
    2. Would the data for password keeper in OS7 or less be transferred automatically?
    3. Is there going to be a way to import google map favorites into BB10 map program?
    4. Can we use the sim card from a device running OS7 or less in BB10?
    I would guess at the answers being:

1. Yes, it is a no-brainer that they would include either an OTA solution or a replication of the sd card option you currently have with bb7 devices.
    2. Maybe
    3.Probably not
    4.Not without using a sim cutter on it
    11-03-12 03:40 PM
    5. Do I have to buy the apps I bought on PB again on BB10 phones?
    6. Does BB10 support sideloading?
    11-08-12 03:52 PM
    3. I had the impression that if you have a google account you can tie all your favourites into that so they'll be with you on whatever device you use (I don't have a google account so I don't actually know for sure...) - but something to look into.

5. Depends how the developer deals with them I think, much like some apps (that are on both BBOS and PBOS) that you've bought on one is available on the other, whereas others you have to pay again.

6. Yes, but I'm sure there will be all the apps you need on it. I hope so at least...
    11-08-12 06:09 PM
    3. I had the impression that if you have a google account you can tie all your favourites into that so they'll be with you on whatever device you use (I don't have a google account so I don't actually know for sure...) - but something to look into.
    Yeah it does tie with Google account, but because Google maps app has been discontinued for BB, I think maybe we have to use the BB maps (partnered with Tomtom). And in that case it would be nice to have a way to port Google maps favorites to new BB10 maps (hey, an app idea!)
    11-08-12 07:30 PM
    Yeah it does tie with Google account, but because Google maps app has been discontinued for BB, I think maybe we have to use the BB maps (partnered with Tomtom). And in that case it would be nice to have a way to port Google maps favorites to new BB10 maps (hey, an app idea!)
    I don't think googlemaps has been discontinued for BB? Where did you hear that? RIM is now using tomtom, but google was never their provider before. We're yet to heard word from RIM/Google on whether BB10 will have google maps.
    11-09-12 07:45 AM
    I don't think googlemaps has been discontinued for BB? Where did you hear that? RIM is now using tomtom, but google was never their provider before. We're yet to heard word from RIM/Google on whether BB10 will have google maps.
    Google has stopped the development for their Map app on BB. You can still use the app but no updates or bug fixes anymore. Maybe they will start developing for BB10 again, who knows.
    11-09-12 01:36 PM
    7. How does BB10 handles adding pictures to an email? In PB it is a pain because you have to scroll through all the pictures on PB, including those banners stored in browser cache, which is ridiculous. Does BB10 allow you to go through directory structure to find the picture you want to attach?
    11-09-12 01:40 PM
    Google has stopped the development for their Map app on BB. You can still use the app but no updates or bug fixes anymore. Maybe they will start developing for BB10 again, who knows.
    They stopped that because the inbuilt email client with BB did the job, not because they don't want to develop for BB any more. It is incredibly valuable for them to have an app on every device, regardless of whether it is Android or not, because of the user information they can get that they can sell for advertising. So based on this one would hope there will be a BB10 google maps app.

7. It's recently been posted on a n4bb.com article that the file manager is much better in BB10, so you'd expect the way you attach files to be based on much the same system so you can go through directories and it all makes much more sense and is easier. I'm just guessing here of course...
    11-10-12 06:17 PM
    7. It's recently been posted on a n4bb.com article that the file manager is much better in BB10, so you'd expect the way you attach files to be based on much the same system so you can go through directories and it all makes much more sense and is easier. I'm just guessing here of course...
    I am with you... could anyone with a Dev Alpha device confirm this?
    11-10-12 06:31 PM
    8. Will BB10 support Eastern Asian Language Input Method out of the gate? Do I have to type "oppa gangnam style" in English?
    11-10-12 06:35 PM
    I am with you... could anyone with a Dev Alpha device confirm this?
    The n4bb article was about an internal build of BB10, so those with dev alpha won't be able to confirm. Although they may get that build soon, so wait and see!

8. We won't know this until BB10 is launched I suspect.
    11-11-12 02:51 PM
    The n4bb article was about an internal build of BB10, so those with dev alpha won't be able to confirm. Although they may get that build soon, so wait and see!

8. We won't know this until BB10 is launched I suspect.
    ha! Found the answer to 8:

Questions about switching from OS7 to OS10-2998782_6878.jpg
    11-12-12 10:52 AM