Hi guys,

I've got a couple of questions about BlackBerry ID. I'm going to be transferring my BlackBerry ID over to a new OS10 device.

1. BlackBerry ID can only be associated to one cellular device, right? (I know you can have a Playbook and a mobile phone, but I'm assuming not 2 mobile phones?)
    2. Swapping your BlackBerry ID doesn't affect the files saved to the former device itself, correct?
    3. It is only BBM access and BlackBerry World access which gets transferred to the new device?

Any and all replies would be much appreciated.
    01-26-14 11:14 PM
    Hi guys,

I've got a couple of questions about BlackBerry ID. I'm going to be transferring my BlackBerry ID over to a new OS10 device.

1. BlackBerry ID can only be associated to one cellular device, right? (I know you can have a Playbook and a mobile phone, but I'm assuming not 2 mobile phones?)
    2. Swapping your BlackBerry ID doesn't affect the files saved to the former device itself, correct?
    3. It is only BBM access and BlackBerry World access which gets transferred to the new device?

You obviously right bro!
    Once you have switched your BBID to the new BlackBerry device, your former device automatically delete all your BBM Messages and load all of your contacts and messages to the new one.

AllynaS likes this.
    01-26-14 11:54 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is also associated with your BBID.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 04:14 AM
    Hi guys,

Yes, one device is all you can associate with your BBID(obviously a playbook(tablet) is not included).
    Yes, Swapping your BBID does not affect anything that was stored LOCALLY on the other device.
    No, BlackBerry Protect is also tied to your BBID.
    AllynaS likes this.
    01-27-14 04:53 AM
    Once you log in with your BBid on another device (device B), and you are logged out of the former device (device A), even if the newer device (device B) switches to another ID, you'd need to log back into the former device (device A) with the former ID, correct? It doesn't just revert to using the old ID if the newer device stops using it?
    01-27-14 11:50 PM