I had to swap out my Z10 (twice) with T-mobile due to defects. The odd thing I noticed that I need a real "Crackberry Z10" expert to tell me is this:
    The third Z10 I received this week (T-mobile has been GREAT with exchanges by the way!) has a small, circular "sensor" looking thing in the top left corner of the screen. The other two didn't have it. My partner's, (originally purchased at the same March US release same as my original Z10), ALSO doesn't have it. That's one out of four Z10's that has this "sensor" of some type. It looks very similar to the one on the top right of the screen. Does anyone know what this is- I've seen nothing in the forums about a mid- production hardware change, but it IS there. Is this something that was added later in the production run? And for what purpose?
    Thanks.

-GT
    catcondo likes this.
    07-25-13 09:20 PM
    dont think i see it on my LE either. Hmmm
    07-25-13 09:25 PM
    dont think i see it on my LE either. Hmmm
    If I could take a quality pic of it I would, but I don't really know how, and it would be a difficult shot. But suffice to say, it is about the same diameter as the sensor on the top far right side, but seems to have a "pinpoint" type of center "bullseye", almost like a camera??
    Does anyone else have it??
    07-25-13 09:32 PM
    Care to post a screenshot?

Edit: sorry, just read your other post
    Try placing a call on a completely dark room. Does it blink?
    07-25-13 09:33 PM
    Care to post a screenshot?

Edit: sorry, just read your other post
    Try placing a call on a completely dark room. Does it blink?
    No change w/ calls in the dark. If nobody has a clue, I will attempt to take a pic with another phone or camera and upload it tomorrow. As I look closer, it is a LITTLE smaller in diameter then the right side sensor, with a concentric "bullseye" (tiny) in the center.....
    07-25-13 09:49 PM
    Wh did I say? Screenshot!? Stupid me.
    Please, do try to take a picture.
    07-25-13 09:54 PM
    On the left you say? Sure it's on the left? Don't mean to insult. Just asking.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-25-13 09:58 PM
    My 9860 used to have a hidden led under the top portion that would blink only sometimes when the memory was running low and the phone was thinking. I've noticed once or twice that the Z10 has the same thing, but I haven't figured out yet exactly what it was for.... Maybe theyve exposed it now?!?

Orrrr, maybe it's the NSA checking you out..... dun dun dun!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 07-25-13 at 10:12 PM.
    07-25-13 10:02 PM
    Top left? Nothing here in my Z10, it's T-mobile too, bought it March, just when it comes out in USA.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:07 PM
    Garpt

Download this from BlackBerry world and see if you can figure out if it's a sensor or led.

Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    07-25-13 10:10 PM
    If it is to the right of the battery icon on the left side it could be the location ( map) icon... perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:13 PM
    My 9860 used to have a hidden led under the top portion that would blink only sometimes when the memory was running low and the phone was thinking. I've noticed once or twice that the Z10 has the same thing, but I haven't figured out yet exactly what it was for.... Maybe theyve exposed it now?!?

Orrrr, maybe it's the NSA checking you out..... dun dun dun!

Posted via CB10
    It's NOT an LED or an icon. It;'s exactly like the sensor on the right, only smaller. It doesn't blink, light up, change, nor is it part of the actual display.
    (joke) I was thinking NSA too, ha Ha!!
    07-25-13 10:21 PM
    If it is to the right of the battery icon on the left side it could be the location ( map) icon... perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Not an icon; it's a hardware piece, defiinitely.
    07-25-13 10:22 PM
    Yah, I'm completely confuddled by what you're trying to describe. If you could post a picture, that would be great
    AFAIK, the top region has a proximity sensor, a front facing camera, and a LED
    07-25-13 10:27 PM
    To create a screen shot simply hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously until you
    hear a camera shutter click.
    07-25-13 10:27 PM
    Garpt

Download this from BlackBerry world and see if you can figure out if it's a sensor or led.

Check out BlackBerry Virtual Expert in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Virtual Expert

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    That's a cool little app. But it's not an icon, LED, or screen dimple of any kind. It's a sensor very similar to the one on the far right, which I'm assuming is the proximity sensor?
    07-25-13 10:33 PM
    To create a screen shot simply hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously until you
    Screen shots are good for things you want to capture on the phone screen. The description is that it is a hardware thingy buddy... :-)
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    07-25-13 10:35 PM
    My dilemma is a screenshot will not show it since it's a hardware "sensor" above the screen perimiter........
    07-25-13 10:35 PM
    Screen shots are good for things you want to capture on the phone screen. The description is that it is a hardware thingy buddy... :-)
    Exactly! thank you.
    I will have to get another camera/ phone camera, get the light just right, snap a shot and upload it. A good task for tomorrow, it's almost time to retire.
    Very baffling, however!!
    07-25-13 10:37 PM
    Exactly! thank you.
    I will have to get another camera/ phone camera, get the light just right, snap a shot and upload it. A good task for tomorrow, it's almost time to retire.
    Very baffling, however!!
    Please do. I'm dying to see what you are talking about

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    07-25-13 10:55 PM
    Interesting. Looking forward to seeing that pic tomorrow
    07-25-13 10:59 PM
    Proximity sensor???

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-25-13 11:38 PM
    Ya...please do post a photo
    07-25-13 11:50 PM
    Can you try taking a picture with the front camera and a mirror? Obviously the image will be reversed but some of the less dim members of the forum might figure that out if you state the obvious a few times. Or you could try flip the image.

Just an idea.

Which model Z10 is this particular Z10 with the mystery top left thingymabob? STL100-?
    07-25-13 11:58 PM
    So you have the Light sensor in the Middle, the front camera to the Middle right and the Led on the right plus a fourth thing on the left?

Could that be a proximity sensor they added on new z10's?
    07-26-13 12:05 AM
138 123 ...