Well, if any of you are out there...

With the way AT&T has been nickel and diming all the features of BlackBerry since the release of Bridge, I was wondering if you are able to use BBM video and screen sharing without having to pay extra or change your account data plan?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:22 PM
    Not without either a mobile share plan or a 5gb individual for $50. However i discovered last night that if you initiate a bbm video chat over wifi and walk out of coverage it stays connected. I can effectively use this as a work around when necessary. I hope you find it useful as well.

Also with bridge if you install over wifi without the at&t sim card in it will work as a tether

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:44 PM
    Not without either a mobile share plan or a 5gb individual for $50. However i discovered last night that if you initiate a bbm video chat over wifi and walk out of coverage it stays connected. I can effectively use this as a work around when necessary. I hope you find it useful as well.

Also with bridge if you install over wifi without the at&t sim card in it will work as a tether

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for getting information...

Is your Z10 unlocked with AT&T?

I did a test tonight with video calling from my PlayBook to my Z10 and it works. I also downloaded and updated Bridge over wifi while the SIM card was out and it works like BlackBerry intended. I hope I can get BBM video to work over wifi like you described.

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:50 PM
    That's awesome. Unfortunately no i am subsidized :-/

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:03 PM
    I want to determin if this is OS/hardware provisioned, or SIM provisioned... if it's SIM provisioned, then we should still be able to use BBM Video like BBM Voice, over WiFi.

Unlocked AT&T Z10 owners, care to chime in???
    03-27-13 10:14 AM