I've shot many videos with my Z10. They now reside on my PC (Windows XP machine). Unfortunately, the file sizes are huge - most are over 100mb. Some as high as 400mb.

My past experience is with "Windows Movie Maker" which was really simple for an amateur like me.
    My finished products were between 10 and 20 megs. They were wmv files.

2 questions for folks that make movies:

How are you compressing these MP4 files?
    What software are you using to make a movie out of these files (like Microsoft's "Movie Maker" )?

Thanks very much.
    BillD
    06-17-14 04:03 PM

2 questions for folks that make movies:

How are you compressing these MP4 files?
    What software are you using to make a movie out of these files (like Microsoft's "Movie Maker" )?
    1.) I'm NOT compressing them. When you compress, you loose quality.

2.) If you'd like to make "Movies" out of them, put them BACK on your Z10 ( you might need to get an SD card for storage if you don't already have one) and use Movie Maker. It's a great little program.
    06-17-14 04:11 PM
    Hypnoboy:
    Thanks for the reply!
    I went to Blackberry World and searched "Movie Maker". Doesn't appear to be there. How did you acquire it?
    (To be honest, I'd much rather do my movie editing on my PC)
    06-19-14 09:54 AM
    Hypnoboy:
    Thanks for the reply!
    I went to Blackberry World and searched "Movie Maker". Doesn't appear to be there. How did you acquire it?
    (To be honest, I'd much rather do my movie editing on my PC)
    He meant to say "Story Maker". It's a really cool app that makes a video out of the pics & videos you take with the phone's camera. You point to a folder, select the pics and videos in there that you want, and it sets them up automatically as a video Slideshow. You can of course edit the sequencing as well as splicing the video segments to get just the part you want. Plus you can add a music file to be the sound track of your video.

As the previous poster mentioned tho, there is no way to cut down the file size... AFAIK there is no "quality" setting to reduce the file size. I figure it's one of these new apps that assumes data is free and fast and there's no need to try to save on data. And it works really well.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 11:22 AM
    Patrick, Thanks. I searched "Story Maker" in Blackberry World without success. Where could I find it? Thanks, BillD
    06-19-14 12:02 PM
    I Use a free program called handbrake on my Hp and mac. You can select the file type and size you want to covert to. The movies I transfer and compress usually take about 20minutes to put on my phone or put them in a file on you computer. I have hundreds of movies and TV shows on a small external hard drive. Why put a 4gig movie on your phone when a few hundred Meg looks good enough.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 12:10 PM
    Patrick, Thanks. I searched "Story Maker" in Blackberry World without success. Where could I find it? Thanks, BillD
    Sorry. I meant to mention that it's included when you get your phone. It's already installed as part of the OS and it appears as an icon that looks like an orange star on one of those Hollywood "action/cut" scene clapper boards, like this:
    Question for Movie makers: Compressing and editing MP4s-img_20140620_092950.png

Unless you've deleted it, it should be there.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:30 AM
    Well, how 'bout that! I will try it one of these days - I'm curious how easy it is to use.

I finally figured out how to use VLC to convert MP4s (on my PC). It wasn't easy, but I figured out how to convert them to the avi extension. Avi is importable to Microsoft's Movie Maker. I think I'm back in business! Looking forward to trying Story Maker too.
    Thanks all.
    Bill
    06-20-14 04:21 PM