Question: How do I stop SMS text message from being converted to MMS?
Here's an interesting one. Starting today there have been times when I've sent a text message to someone, but apparently it was sent as an MMS. This is causing problems with the phone they're using. I haven't changed any settings that I know of and I'm not sending any photos. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change to force the text message as a text and not an MMS?
- 03-11-13, 11:19 PM #6
Might not hurt to give them a call, maybe one of their techs has something to help you out!
- 03-12-13, 12:24 AM #7
It could be carrier-related in same way.
More likely is use of a symbol that is being considered an image instead of a simple character.
Are you using any symbols in your texts? Like the degree circle or the BB logo?
How about in your display name? Many people include the BBM 4-dot logo in their BBM display name, then use same for their text message display name too.
As a test, start a new text message and watch the remaining character count. If it's under 140, then you have a symbol you're using that's the culprit.Saving the world, one OS at a time...
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10 → Z30psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- CrackBerry User
06-16-13, 01:55 PM #8
- 57 Posts
I'm having the MMS indicator coming up with just one person I regularly send text messages to.
They are on the same carrier as me Rogers, and their phone is an iPhone.
I've checked the settings in my text message- advanced - send only as SMS, but no luck.
I've tried deleting and re adding the contact with a +1 prefix, but still sends messages as MMS
- CrackBerry Newbie
10-22-13, 03:35 AM #11
- 1 Posts
Last edited by Simon Reginster; 10-22-13 at 04:02 AM. Reason: i've found an answer to my question
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-05-14, 08:54 PM #13
- 4 Posts
Stop SMS being converted into MMS
Its quire simple brother...
Go to your hub > Settings > Text messages >Advanced > and turn off Allow special charecters and choose Send text only messages as SMS
you are done! now all your message will go as SMS only!
- By wolf47gang in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 20Last Post: 07-21-10, 09:58 PM
- By kiss_me_kates in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-05-08, 02:19 AM
- By xMiKHAWKx in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-08, 11:41 AM
- By glen107wood in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 02-25-08, 07:40 PM
- By jimmyjam in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-08, 10:45 PM