I'm a noob, not gonna lie, coming from an iPhone here... I have folders that I made on my Gmail account. After I set up my email account on my Z10, I can't see the emails that I put in those folders, same goes for every other folder, inbox, trash and so on. How can I see these on my Z10? Or can I not? Remember I'm coming from an iPhone...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:42 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry new Berry owner.

Anyway, I do not have any additional folders on Gmail. However, go to System Settings -> Accounts -> Gmail Account -> Edit Folder Settings (at bottom) -> Check if the folders are there. I hope that I helped.

Question about email-img_00001007.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    01-10-14 09:04 PM
    Settings, accounts, on the bottom edit folders, check the box for the folders you wanna sync.

Welcome to the better phone...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:05 PM
    Still isn't working, all my folders are synced. I deleted an email but it doesn't show in my trash. This is getting a little frustrating... I'm loving the phone, just slightly baffled as to why everyone raves about the email on it, maybe I'm missing something...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:47 AM
    And when I go on Gmail online the email that I deleted wasn't even in the trash, it was in the category "family" (that particular email was from my sister). Something's going on here...

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:54 AM
    Everyone raves about email because it's awesome. I have three accounts and get all my emails instantly in one place, searchable save able including any attachments, etc.. It seems like your gripe is with the interface.

Gmail works just like the iPhone app in the browser if you must have that interface. Of course, I'm pretty sure you can get it working in the Hub.

Good luck!
    01-11-14 07:56 AM
    I never thought to view the folders I have synced separately because everything goes to the inboxes of my respective emails on my Z10. I do however see the need to view folders separately, and the OP's got me to start investigating.

I went to the hub and tapped a particular account. at the top where it says "Gmail" (the blue horizontal bar) I tapped there and selected my "Personal" folder, refreshed it, and none of the items in that folder showed up. I selected another folder which has mail coming in from another email address and those items showed up after I hit refresh. This is weird and I see how it can be frustrating eventually.

I'm still troubleshooting but I don't know why some folders would show their content while some won't... hmmmm. Will do some experimentation and report.

Stay Tuned...
    01-11-14 08:09 AM
    Surprised a moderator hasn't popped in, but syncing email only goes back a short time.
    With 10.2, you can delete the account, re-enter info and have a choice of FOREVER,
    in the drop down list.
    Think default on older OS only goes a few days.
    01-11-14 08:23 AM
    @Outsyder96 I changed my sync time to 5 minutes and now they are slowly trickling in to the folders. I think it has more to do with how old the messages are. Using your computer, try sending yourself a message from a different account. While still on your computer, go into the email account you are having problems with and label the new message that should be in your inbox to whatever folder you want. Don't open the message on your computer, and verify that the message appears in the folder you have labeled it for.

Now go to the Hub on your BlackBerry, and select the account you are having trouble with. Tap the blue bar at the top and select the folder you just put the message in. Refresh the folder and let me know if the new email shows up there.

If it does. We can agree that the synching problem has something to do with the age of messages.
    01-11-14 08:28 AM
    In the HUB view of the Gmail account, there is an arrow on the "Blue Header bar" to the right of "Gmail", tap that, all your folders should show up and you can access them by tapping on it.
    01-11-14 08:28 AM
    I'm curious to know the status of the OP's issue... How did it turn out?
    01-11-14 03:54 PM
    01-12-14 09:46 AM
    I realized that it just takes a little more time to sync than what I'm used to, other than that email is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 06:08 PM
    I realized that it just takes a little more time to sync than what I'm used to, other than that email is awesome!

...I'm loving the phone, just slightly baffled as to why everyone raves about the email on it, maybe I'm missing something...

I hope you now understand why we love the email on our BB10 devices! Glad it's working for you mate!
    01-12-14 10:01 PM