anyone can explain "Link" feature in contacts? I use 2 gmail account for contacts, for work and personal. usually when I add phone number to contact, I can set which account I want to use. but on BB10, there's no option for that.
    when I check in contacts app, there's "Link" on the bottom screen, showing that the contact link to 4 account (local, sim, work account, personal account).

is there any option just to save a contact in one of the account only?

thanks in advance
    03-21-13 04:28 AM
    if you have BES setup on your BB10, there's a separate contacts app for the Work environment.

if you save a contact in that app, it wont show up in the contacts located in your personal area
    03-21-13 04:35 AM
    The link feature actually combines multiple contact from different platforms, but all assigned to a single user. Example, John Doe might have a Facebook Account, a Linkedin Account, and his contact card (that includes email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers etc). The link feature is used to combine all 3 accounts into one single contact card, so that when you open the contact card, you see all information in one card.

AFAIK, your contacts link into 4 different accounts, which is:
    1) Local - saved natively on the phone. In case you delete your gmail accounts, the contact card is still available as a local contact.
    2) SIM - the contact is saved in your SIM card.
    3) Work account - the contact is saved into your Gmail work account.
    4) Personal account - the contact is saved into your Gmail personal account.

Hope that helps.
    03-21-13 04:37 AM
    Sadly I don't use bes

@otacon. Yes u r right. It's just that I want to save to only one of the account in the first place. Well local contacts I don't mind, but I don't want to save someone I don't know personally to my personal account, only in work account.
    Or at least I want to be able to classify to which category this contact is. So I can filter them later in case I want to delete old contacts.

Anyway. Thanks for the replies guys.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 05:10 AM